| || |
| || |
Revision as of 16:10, 24 March 2011
Salmon Arm  is a city in the Shuswap region of British Columbia. It is a popular summer destination with its lakeside setting and beaches.
Salmon Arm is located on Trans-Canada Highway 1, roughly halfway between Vancouver and Calgary. The nearest major cities are Kamloops, a little over an hours drive west on Highway 1, and Kelowna, which is a little over an hour's drive southeast on Highway 97.
Greyhound  offers daily bus service to Salmon Arm from other cities in British Columbia, including Vancouver (6-9 hours, depending on the number of stops, Kamloops (2 hours) and Kelowna (2 hours).
Salmon arm has a basic public transit system that operates shuttle buses on half-hour or hour-long frequencies, during daytime hours. All lines converge downtown in front of Askew's supermarket, and the #3 Canoe line will bring users to the main public beach. On Wednesdays the #11 Enderby leaves at 8 am and connects with a bus to Vernon, for a day shopping trip or for a cheap and local way to start moving further down the Okanagan valley.
- RJ Haney Heritage Village & Museum, 751 Highway 97B NE, ☎ +1 250 832-5243 (email@example.com), . 40 acre park with a museum on local history, heritage village, trails, a tea room and dinner theater in July and August.
- With all the water around, there are a number of beach, boating and fishing options in the area
- Cross country skiing at Larch Hills , 15 km east of town
- Salmon Arm Roots & Blues Festival, Salmon Arm Fairgrounds (one block off the Trans-Canada highway in the center of town), . Annual festival on the third weekend of August with folk, roots and blues music.
- Table 24. Salmon Arm's high class dining. Rated one of the best restaurants in the interior. Meals approx $40 per person
- Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, 61 10th Street SW, ☎ 1-888-832-5595 (toll-free) or +1 250 832-9793. checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Standard motel rooms with complimentary continental breakfast and indoor pool.
- Holiday Inn Express Salmon Arm, 1090-22nd Street NE, ☎ 1-800-473-9160 (toll-free) or 1-250-832-7711, . Newer hotel with pool, hot tub, gym and complimentary continental breakfast.
- Prestige Harbourfront Resort and Convention Centre, 251 Harbourfront Drive NE, ☎ (250) 833-5800, . Luxury hotel on the lakefront with a number of themed suites. $200 and up in high season, $140+ at other times of the year. A balcony or lakeside room will cost extra.
- Visitor infocenter, 751 Marine Park Dr, ☎ +1 250 832-2230. M-Sa 8:30AM-5:30PM.
|Routes through Salmon Arm
Wikipedia:Salmon Arm, British Columbia