Saharan Morocco is a vast desert region dividing Morocco and Algeria. Its a hot, dry and often picturesque area.
Towns & Villages
- Erfoud – The Gate of Sahara, this small city is located on the way of Erg Chebbi Dunes.
- Merzouga – Small village on the edge of Erg Chebbi Dunes.
- M'Hamid – Small village on the border with Algeria, south of Zagora town.
- Zagora – Small desert town south of Ouarzazate.
- Ouarzazate – Considered the capital of the south, a great example of preservation and tourism that hasn't destroyed the feel of a fantastic and ancient city.
- Rissani - This small oasis town lies near the northwest edge of the Sahara.
French is widely spoken by most people connected to some kind of business. Moroccan Sahara divides into Berbers and Arabs from different tribes.
How are you
- Berber: meitanit?; Arabic: labass?; French: ça va?;
- Berber: tanmirt; Arabic: shukran; French: merci;
I want one orange juice
- Berber: righ ian assir limoun; Arabic: bghit wahid assir limoun; French: je veux un jus d'orange;
- Berber: assouninu; Arabic: sahbi; French: mon ami;
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Tachelhit Berber: yan, sin, krad, kkuz, semmus, sdis, sa, ttam, ttza, mraw; Moroccan Arabic: wahed, juj, tleta, arbaa, remsa, setta, sebaa, tamanya, tsaa, aashra; French: un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf, dix;
- Erg Chebbi Dunes (Erg Chebbi Dunes). Erg Chebbi Dunes
- Tinfou Dunes (Tinfou Dunes). Tinfou Dunes