Saharan Morocco is a vast desert region dividing Morocco and Algeria. Its a hot, dry and often picturesque area.
Towns & Villages
- Erfoud – The Gate of Sahara, this small city is located on the way of Erg Chebbi Dunes.
- Merzouga – Small village on the edge of Erg Chebbi Dunes.
- M'Hamid – Small village on the border with Algeria, south of Zagora town.
- Zagora – Small desert town south of Ouarzazate.
- Ouarzazate – Considered the capital of the south, a great example of preservation and tourism that hasn't destroyed the feel of a fantastic and ancient city.
- Rissani - This small oasis town lies near the northwest edge of the Sahara.