Ruthin is a town in Denbighshire.
There is no longer a railway. Rumour once had it that there was to be built an airport in nearby Llandyrnog. Unfortunately, rumour lied. Most likely you will come by car or horse-drawn carriage.
Walk, it's a small town.
- The Old Gaol is probably the number 1 single item of interest.
- The square, including the 'Seven Eyes' aka 'Myddleton Arms', with it's famous windows. Apparently it's called 'The eyes of Ruthin', except by anyone who's ever been there.
- Ruthin Craft Centre - this was allegedly going to become a petrol station for Tesco, but instead, they knocked down the old grey shed-like building, and replaced it with an expensive new grey shed-like building. Apparently, the architect intended the roof to emulate the pattern of the Clwydian range that lies behind it. However, Moel Famau looks nothing like an aircraft hangar.
- A really expensive work of art can be found hidden away near the council offices for their own personal benefit at taxpayers' expense.
- Ruthin Castle is private grounds, though you can probably get a few drinks at the bar and then walk around.
- Cae Ddol is nice on a sunny day. It is rarely sunny.
- Walk up Moel Famau to the Jubilee Tower.
- Go to Llandegla Mountain Bike Centre.
Some out-of date food by that place near Cae-ddol. Gaudy confectionary at sweetie heaven. A surfeit of hairdressers. A couple of clothes shops. Some newsagents, ironmongers, carpet stores, greengrocers, stationers and toy shops.
- Wynnstay Arms - bar food and posh restaurant.
- Dragon Boat - hear the muffled voices of 21 illegal immigrants upstairs.
- The new 'Picture House' on Well street is good.
- Leornado's, won many awards for excellent home made pie recipes, three amazing chefs.
- Finns, Kebab shop and Bar Llaeth amongst others. Maybe a 'spoons shortly too.
Ranges from the rather scummy Parky to the plush Off the Square.
- Ruthin Castle (expensive)
- Castle Hotel (Expensive)
Area code: 01824
Don't go to Denbigh.
Llangollen, Chester, Llandudno or Snowdonia should be the next stops. Have fun.