Round Rock is a city in southeast Williamson County, Texas, and is located 19 miles north of downtown Austin.
Round Rock is a rapidly growing city just 20 minutes away from downtown Austin (without traffic.) It was once a small town with several locally owned businesses and few huge corporations but in the last 15 years it has more than doubled in population. Much of this is attributed to the arrival of Dell Computer Corporation. Round Rock is the main headquarters for Dell. Round Rock is also a "bedroom community" with many residents commuting daily to jobs in Austin.
Austin Bergstrom International Airport  (AUS) is 30 miles south of the city center. The most practical means of travel from the airport is by rental car but taxis are available. A one way trip by taxi is about $40 (credit cards accepted).
The main highway through Round Rock is Interstate Highway 35, which may be taken 19 miles south to downtown Austin or 177 miles north to downtown Dallas. State Highway 79 to the east is the most direct route to Bryan-College Station, home of Texas A&M University.
- American Yellow Checker Cab, 452 9999.
- Roy's Taxi, 482 0000.
- Round Rock Express Baseball  at Dell Diamond.
- Chisolm Trail Crossing Park (the Round Rock), 500 Chisholm Trail Road, . The Chisholm Trail Crossing Park provides visitors with a simulated scene of Round Rock's historical role in the Chisholm Trail cattle drives of the late 1800's. The bronze sculptures of 4 steers and pioneer woman, Hattie Cluck, and her son, Emmitt, were commissioned by the City, through generous donations from Round Rock residents. The sculptures depict Round Rock's history as a crossing location along the Chisholm Trail. The famous 'round rock' is near the park in the Brushy Creek. The limestone crossing is marked with ruts from the wagons that crossed while on the cattle drive. Commemorative plaques tell of the history of old Round Rock.
- Garcia's Cafe, 410 W Main Ave. Very cheap and very tasty Mexican food.
- Hoody's Sub Shop Hoody's Online , 1205 Round Rock Ave. Great sub sandwiches at a cheap price. Try the cheesesteak!
- Round Rock Donuts, 106 West Liberty, . Home to the famous yellow donuts.
- Louisiana Longhorn Cafe, 200B East Main Street, . Great Cajun style food for a decent price in downtown Round Rock.
- 620 Cafe & Bakery, 910 Round Rock Avenue, . Good breakfast and lunch, closes at 3 PM daily.
- Main Street Grill, 118 E Main Ave, . High-end dining in downtown Round Rock.
- Wingate By Wyndham Hotel & Conference Center, 1209 North Interstate Highway 35 (adjacent to the Williamson Conference Center), ☎ 512-341-7000, .
|Routes through Round Rock