|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
| || |
|−|*<sleep name="Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare " address="6155 North River Road Rosemont, Il 60018" phone="+1-847-696-4400" fax="1-847-696-2122" url="http://www.marriott.com/chist" checkin="16:00" checkout="12:00" price="$99 USD and above" tags="O’Hare Airport Hotels, Rosemont Hotels"> The Chicago Marriott Suites O’Hare is convenient to O’Hare Airport, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Allstate Arena and Rosemont Theatre. The all-suite hotel with 11floors and 256 suites features the largest guest rooms in the Chicago market, seven meetings rooms with 3,558 square feet of flexible meeting space, a new lobby, onsite restaurant serving American cuisine, state-of-the-art fitness center and indoor pool and whirlpool. </sleep> |+|
| || |
|−|See [[O'Hare International Airport ]] for additional listings. |+|
| || |
Revision as of 16:30, 29 May 2013
Rosemont is a city in Cook County in the state of Illinois, just outside of Chicago. It does enormous business as the primary hotel supplier for O'Hare International Airport, but has a couple of the region's best-known concert venues as well.
The CTA Blue Line has a stop in Rosemont, right before O'Hare. And Metra's North Central Line stops at Rosemont Station, with service between Chicago and Antioch.
PACE buses serve the area, and hotels can be expected to run shuttles to the airport. For anything else, though, you'll likely want to have a car.
- Donald E. Stephens Museum of Hummels, 555 N. River Rd., . Self-proclaimed as having the world's largest public display of M.I. Hummel figurines in the world. You know, those little cherub-faced ceramic figures.
- Chicago Wolves, 6920 N. Mannheim Rd., . This professional hockey team plays at the Allstate Arena. The season runs October-April.
- Polish National Catholic Cemetery, 9200 West Higgins Rd.. A quaint cemetery set along the Des Plaines River, it possesses a charming array of old monuments and markers. It is also the only Chicagoland cemetery with its own picnic area, preserving the old world custom of picnicking at the graves of deceased loved ones.
- Rosemont Waterfall, At the northeast corner of Higgins and River Road, . A favorite local setting for wedding pictures, the waterfall harmonizes with the surrounding Forest Preserve along the Des Plaines River Valley
- Allstate Arena (Rosemont Horizon), 6920 N. Mannheim Rd., . A 19,000 seat arena that holds major music concerts as well as events such as circuses and rodeos.
- Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, 5555 N. River Rd., . This enormous complex hosts a variety of conferences and events, including Chicago Comic Con, ACen, and even local high school proms.
- Rosemont Theatre, 5400 River Rd., . A 4,300 seat theater for stars including Jerry Seinfeld and Kelly Clarkson.
- Muvico 18, 9701 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., . This huge movie theater, over 100,000 square feet, is more than just a theater. For those 21 and up, the VIP Theatre has free popcorn, bigger seats, and cocktails. There's a full-service restaurant on site (you can eat while watching a movie), a playroom, and child care for kids age 3-10.
There are quite a lot of hotels in Rosemont — see O'Hare International Airport for listings.
- Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare, 6155 North River Road Rosemont, Il 60018, ☎ +1-847-696-4400 (fax: 1-847-696-2122), . checkin: 16:00; checkout: 12:00. Convenient to O’Hare Airport, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Allstate Arena and Rosemont Theatre. Hotel features on-site restaurant and bar, fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool. $99 USD and above.