Old Rome is the historic medieval and renaissance center of Rome. While the oldest section of Rome is at the Forum, and the Modern Center has shifted to the Via Veneto, Old Rome remains the city's most charming district, with lovely plazas and streets to wander and find small cafes and restaurants. Old Rome includes the neighborhoods of Navona, Campo de' Fiori, Pantheon, and the Ghetto.
Navona is found on the eastern bank of the River Tiber in the north-west quadrant of the central city, lying opposite the Vatican, and centered on the gorgeous Piazza Navona, the public square from which it derives its name.
- Piazza Navona - this elongated public square is without doubt the pride of Baroque Rome, completely unspoilt by traffic and modern buildings. Built over the remains of the late 1st century Stadium of Domitian (explaining its shape), the square is a popular (!) place to sip a cappuccino, shop and watch street performers. Behind the piazza at the northern end, you can still see remains of Domition's chariot racing stadium well below the current ground level. Amongst other monuments, the square features two Baroque masterpieces by Bernini and Borromini:
- Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi (Fountain of the Four Rivers) - by Bernini, in the very centre of the square, incorporates an Egyptian obelisk and symbolises four of the world's great rivers (the Ganges, the Nile, the Danube and the Plata), representing the four continents known at the time.
- the Church of Sant'Agnese in Agone - by Borromini, reputed to be on the spot where St. Agnes was martyred in the fourth century A.D.
- Fontana del Moro (Fountain of the Moor) - at the southern end of the Piazza, designed by Bernini but the main statue of the Moor was done by Giacomo della Porta and the other statues are 19th-century copies of the originals.
- Fontano di Nettuno (Fountain of Neptune) - a 19th century addition to the square, made to balance the Fontana del Moro
- Apartments Rome Sweet Home Piazza Navona Via della Vite 32 Tel. +390669924833 ,  The largest choice of apartments in Trastevere , where you can book your apartment in real-time.
- La Piccola Maison (La Piccola Maison), Via dei Cappuccini, 30 (Metro stop Barberini), ☎ +39 0642016331, . checkin: 09:00; checkout: 13:00. La Piccola Maison is located a historical building in a refined and exclusive atmosphere few steps away from major sightseeings and main sites of interests (the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Villa Borghese, etc.). This chic town house is a brand new place with renovated private rooms equipped with all comforts (a/c, flat TV, minifridge and welcome kit). Wood floor and Venetian glass lights. The modern style and the fresh design make the place the best choice for all of them that want to be in a prestigious atmosphere with convenient prices. Well located, near the exit of the metro "Barberini" and 10 minutes from the railway station "Termini". EUR 70-200.
- Casa Campanella accommodation, Vicolo della Campanella 6, ☎ +39 33332226916 (email@example.com), . Apartment 200 m from Piazza Navona.
- Relais Rome Sweet Home Navona, Via dei Barbieri, 18 , 00186, Rome, Italy, Tel: +39 06 69924833 , . Inspired by the pulse and passion of Rome, Relais Rome Sweet Home Navona is a stylish town house of distinctive elegance.