Earth : Europe : Scandinavia : Norway : West Norway : Rogaland
Rogaland is a county in West Norway.
Rogaland can be divided into four traditional districts (listed from north to south).
- Ryfylke - Home to some of the most spectacular natural attractions in Norway
- Jæren - Endless beaches and a surfer's paradise
- Egersund Is the largest town in southern Rogaland.
- Haugesund, approxemately 2 hours from Stavanger and 3 hours from Bergen (in Hordaland).
- Stavanger, The largest town in Rogaland. Well known as an oil-town. Due to the oil, the town is very international. The town also has the newest university in Norway (founded in 2004).
- Karmøy An island close to Haugesund. Karmøy means "the island that gives shelter from the open sea", known for the Vikings. It is this route that gave Norway its name ("the way to the north").
Stavanger airport (IATA: SVG), is an international airport. Flights to Amsterdam, Bergen, Copenhagen, Kristiansand and Oslo. As well as other destinations. Haugesund airport (IATA: HAU), has among other, scheduled flights to Bergen and Oslo.
The Lysefjord with the Kjeragbolten.
Rogaland specialities: Komla, smalaføtter (sheeps feet) and smalahove (sheeps head).
Rogaland is as safe as the rest of Norway, if not even safer.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|