Rockville Centre  is a village on Long Island in New York.
Rockville Centre is located in Southwestern Nassau County, New York State, USA. It has been an incorporated village since 1893. The town is an area of 3.3² ml and has a population of 24,568 (2000 census) living in 9,200 dwellings.
Rockville Centre prides itself on its rich history, schools, beautiful neighborhoods and its busy business district. It is a family orientated community, making it very comfortable for living. RVC is a conveniently located suburb and has one of the best education systems on Long Island.
The town sends more than 96% of its students on to some of the best colleges in the nation. South Side High School participates in the International Baccalaureate program and has previously ranked #46 in the top 100 high schools in the nation by Newsweek's The Top of the Class.
Rockville Centre is 25 ml east from mid-town Manhattan in New York City.
Rockville Centre is only 15 min away from John F. Kennedy International Airport (IATA: JFK, ICAO: KJFK)
There is an LIRR station  in the heart of Rockville Centre. It is located at North Village Avenue and Front Street and north of Sunrise Highway. Using the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), it takes approximately 35 min to arrive in the town from New York City.
The Babylon branch of the LIRR rail service runs through Rockville Centre with the line going west into New York City and east to Babylon. It is 21.1 ml to Penn Station in New York City.
To get to the station by car take the Southern State Parkway to Exit 19 - Peninsula Boulevard South. Then take the left fork - North Village Avenue South and drive around 3-4 ml to the Rockville Centre station.
Rockville Centre is in fare zone 7.
- Two Full Service Ticket Machines and one CTVM Ticket Machine are available at the north side of the station building. Ticket office hours are 5:40AM-1:15PM on weekdays, closed 10:20AM-10:50AM and all day Sat-Sun. Waiting room hours are 5:30AM-8PM.
By road it takes about an 1-1.5 hr to drive from mid-town Manhattan in New York City depending on the traffic.
It is extremely easy to get around Rockville Centre.
- The M14 MTA  runs strictly to Rockville Centre destinations all day from several locations throughout the village.
- N14, N15, N16 depart from the train station and go to towns across Long Island as well as some areas in Queens. The N14 is a peak time only service
- All Island Taxi  is located at the Rockville Centre Train Station. All Island Taxi is open 24 hr, 7 days a week and is one of the largest taxi companies on Long Island. They provide both late model town cars and mini-vans. They will drive anywhere from a house in the village or to New York City.
- St. Agnes Cathedral, []. Roman Catholic Cathedral is a magnificent building with beautiful architecture and is seat of the Diocese of Rockville Centre. The history of it's parish goes back over 120 years. The cathedral greets visitors as they get off the LIRR rail service.
There is an abundance of things to do in Rockville Centre, whether it be during the day or a night out on the town.
Movies, Fantasy 5 Loews AMC movie theatre . Park Avenue. 6 movie screens showing late release films at several different times everyday. Two snack bars have popcorn, sodas, and endless candy choices. The complex also has a mini arcade, and bathrooms.
ARTrageous,  A child-friendly pottery place and a fun and different way to expand your artistic abilities with your child. ARTrageous has a number of different unfinished bisuque pieces to create into something wonderful. The idea is to plan out your design, choose the colors, and paint your heart out. When you're done, you leave the rest to the helpful team and they will fire it for you. After 2-3 days, your masterpiece is done. Take it home and enjoy your creation.
|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
Rockville Centre has several different boutiques, independent clothing stores, shoes shops and cook-ware outlets.
- Milk and Honey, . This boutique sells a selection of clothing, accessories and bags. They also stock unique jewelry and headwear.
- Extra butter, . Shoes and street apparel.
- Village Luggage and Gifts
Books and music
- CD Island: Long Island's  largest selection of used CDs and DVDs. It also has the best independent music and is a cool, fun, easy place for you to explore new or used music and videos.
- Three Brothers Pizza Amazing pizza place with gluten free options and full vegan menu.
- La Bottega, 234 Merrick Road.  Full-service restaurant with Italian specialities, but are especially known for their 60 different panini's. Also have 25 salad selections, weekly lunch and dinner specials and an off-premise catering menu. La Bottega also recently began to serve a selection of wines.
- Sushi Ya, 9 North Park Avenue.  Japanese restaurant with a laid-back feel. Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. They have over 100 different sushi rolls with fresh ingredients, as well as numerous other Japanese dishes. Open bar serving several different Japanese beers and Saki.
- George Martin, 65 North Park Avenue  4 different restaurants in different locations - George Martin The Original, George Martin's Strip Steak, George Martin's Grillfire, and Nick's Tuscan Grill. One of the "Top 40 Most Popular Long Island Restaurants" in the Zagat Guide. Menu includes polenta crusted calamari, classic NY strip steak and a wide selection of other choices. They have a large selection of wines to go along with any meal.
- Nick's Pizzeria, 272 Sunrise Highway  is dedicated to preserving the tradition of New York's great pie men. Using gas ovens and baked to perfection in a brick oven, their thin crust pizza is easily one of the favorites. Retro theme with exposed copper-colored ducts along the ceiling and dozens of vintage photographs on the walls. Lighting is dim, creating a comfortable glow to everything. Wine available.
- Front Street Bakery, 51 Front Street, ☎ (516) 766-1199. T-Sa, 6:30am-6:30pm. Hands down one of the best bakeries in the country. Family run for over 60 years, there's nothing they sell that is anything less than perfection. Everything from donuts to crumb cakes to the famous New York "black and white". Front Street Bakery has been featured on the Martha Stewart Show and Rachael Ray. They serve a large variety of coffee cakes, crumb cakes, turnovers, breads, cakes, cookies, and fresh brewed coffee. Be sure to get here early! All the best treats sell out early. Just steps from the Rockville Centre LIRR station. edit
- Gino's Pizzeria, 187 N Long Beach Rd, ☎ (516) 766-4200. A Rockville Centre eatery staple for decades, Gino's continues to serve some of the best pizza on Long Island. Both their Sicilian and traditional thin-crust pizzas are delicious. In addition to pizza Gino's serves grinders, pastas, salads and other traditional Italian foods. Gelato also available. Take out or eat in; call ahead to have your order ready, or stop in and bring some slices home. edit
Rockville Centre is known for their selection of bars. People travel to the bar scene in Rockville Centre over the weekend.
- Stinger's Irish Pub, 300 Sunrise Highway.  A bar known to many locals and Long Islander's for their cozy atmosphere. Attracts a younger crowd, mostly college students and adults in the 20s and 30s. Stinger's has themed nights every day of the week, but is popular from Thurs-Sat. Talented bartenders, wide selection of alcoholic beverages and a large food menu, ranging from bar snacks to sit down meals.
- MacArthur Park, 1 Maple Avenue. Irish bar, one of many in Rockville Centre. Near the train station and convenient for out of towners to come relax and have a beer or two. Aside from a bar, there is a sit down restaurant with a menu full of all-American food choices. Also reserves rooms for special occassions such as brunches, baby showers, confirmation parties.
- Blackthorns, 49 North Village Ave.  Irish American restaurant and bar with 2 fireplaces, great food and beverage and a warm and friendly atmosphere. The décor is fittingly Irish with hand crafted furniture imported directly from Ireland. 5 snug booths give an air of privacy. Beer Garden is open all year round. Thurs, Fri and Sat are ladies nights.
- Best Western Mill River Manor, 173 Sunrise Highway, ☎ +1 516 678-1300, . edit
- Hampton Inn, 125 Merrick Rd, ☎ +1 516 599-1700, . edit
- Ramada Inn & Suites, 1000 Sunrise Highway, ☎ +1 516 678-1100, . edit
Rockville Centre Village Hall, 1 College Place. ☎ +1 516 678-9300
- Normal business hours 8AM-4PM, Mon-Fri.
- Cashier's & Registrar's Office 8AM-3PM
- Tax Department 8AM-3:30PM
- Court Counter 8AM-3:30PM
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!
Wikipedia:Rockville Centre, New York