Ringsted  is a city on the island of Zealand in Denmark.
Ringsted has a population of 20,575 (2009).
- Ringsted Touristinformation, Nørregade 100, ☎ +45 5762 6600, . M-W 11AM-3PM, Th 11AM-6PM, F 11AM-1PM.
There is busses, a train station and lots of bicycle paths.
- Church of Saint Benedict (Sankt Bendts Kirke). The church was built in the 12th century and contains the tomb of, among others, Queen Dagmar.
- The Houses of Mahler (De Mahlerske Huse), Sct. Bendtsgade 5. Two historical houses named after the builder. Has been owned by the church for the last century. The houses can only be watched from the outside, but the municipality is in the process of considering how make the houses avaiable to the public..
- The Old Mail House (Postgården), Nørregade 2. This is the oldest secular building in town built in 1806. It was originally a merchant's house. From 1826 it started to be used as a mail house serving people traveling with the day coach, and later on it was a hotel and restaurant. The builiding now houses the administration of a bank.
- Crucifix for Knud Lavard.
- Dronning Dagmars mindebrønd.
- The ruins of Knud Lavards chapel.
Parks and nature
- Kværkeby Experimentelle Fuglereservat.
Museums and galleries
- The House of History, .
- Ringsted Radiomuseum, .
- Sporvejsmuseet Skjoldenæsholm, .
- Ringsted Kongrescenter, .
- Kino Ringsted, . Small cinema.
In Ringsted there is a lot of shopping, both in the center called ""Ringstedet", in the brand new "Factory Outlet" and not least in the city itself with a lot of different shops. The city centre also have a shopping centre called "Ringsted Centret", a nice place with exciting shops, ex. a well assorted shoe shop "Rica Sko" with the newest and most fancy shoes for the whole family! Go and try it on a day with bad weather.
Recently the city got a rather large shopping center called "Factory Outlet", which contains some interesting boutiques. There is also a small cinema (only 30 seats) in Ringsted, and a congress center with ever changing music and entertainment. What is very interesting about Ringsted is the nature that surrounds the city.
- Mosehusets Købmandsgård, .
The choice of restaurants is not too bad for a city of this size. You can find cheap fast food, pizzerias, Chinese and even a Mexican restaurant. If you want Danish cuisine, you will have to spend a bit more, but will also be rewarded with some decent menues. The city does not have any real top end restaurants, maybe except for the restaurant at Skjoldenæsholm, but a few restaurants have found their way to the splurge section offering Danish or Japanese cuisine. Most of the restaurants are found in the area between Jyllandsgade and Nordre Ringvej.
- Deep Pan House, Køgevej 28, ☎ +45 5767 1908. M-Sa 11AM-10PM, Su noon-10PM. Fast food restaurant serving deep pan pizzas, as well as Italian an Mexican dishes. Deep pan pizzas from 50 DKK, pastas from 50 DKK, nachos 60 DKK.
- El Castillo's Cantina, Vestervej 2, ☎ +45 5767 6004. Mexican restaurant.
- Firezza, Sct. Hansgade 11, ☎ +45 5766 1111 (Firezza4100@gmail.com), . M-Sa 11AM-9PM, Su noon-9PM. Italian restaurant also serving pastas and meat dishes. The pizzas are made in a stone oven. The interior is stylish and distinguish this place from the ordinary pizzeria.
- Hua Yang, Køgevej 24-26, ☎ +45 5767 0075, . Buffet with barbeque 108 DKK (F-Su 128 DKK), menus from 118 DKK, mains from 89 DKK.
- Benløse Kro, Roskildevej 113, ☎ +45 5761 5412 (email@example.com), . Tu-Sa 5PM-10PM, Su noon-10PM. Old inn serving typical Danish cuisine. Large portions but not very sophisticated. Friendly service but a bit slow. Mains 89-224 DKK, Sunday lunch buffet 158 DKK.
- Chr. VI Overdrevskro, Roskildevej 513 (10 km northeast of town, take bus 240 to Roskildevej/Nebsmøllevej stop, walk back to Roskildevej and continue northeast for 15 minutes), ☎ +45 5752 8912, . W 5PM-9PM, Th-Su noon-9PM. Old inn dating back from around 1700, even though the present buildings are somewhat newer. Serves traditional Danish cuisine. Sunday lunch buffet 125 DKK, mains 100-125 DKK.
- Ferdinands Bøfhus, Nørregade 31-33, ☎ +45 5767 6720 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . M-Th 11AM-10PM, F-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 1PM-10PM. Restaurant specialising in steaks with a lot of different dishes to choose from. The restaurants brands itself as fusion/crossover, which is difficult to see why, but the steaks are great. The wine list is very limited, it is not possible to have a wine that matches the steaks. Most main dishes around 200 DKK, ranging from burgers 119 DKK, via 300g tenderlion 279 DKK to very large steak 599 DKK.
- Italy & Italy, Torvet 1C, ☎ +45 5761 5353 (email@example.com), . M-Th noon-3PM, 5PM-9PM; F-Sa noon-3PM, 5PM-10PM, Sa 5PM-9PM. Great Italian restaurant with simple and classy interior. The pastas are good, but do not go here if your are looking for a steak. The wine list is long, very Italian and lacking really top end wines. Pizzas from 75 DKK, pastas from 109 DKK, mains 199 DKK.
- Kokken & Tyren, Nørregade 38, ☎ +45 5764 0101 (Mail@kokkenogtyren.dk), . Tu-Su from 5PM. Danish/French cuisine with many ecological ingredients. Decent wine list. Rustic interior and a nice patio. Mains 145-280 DKK.
- Lins Restaurant, Køgevej 1, ☎ +45 5761 8888 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . M-F 4PM-10PM, Sa-Su noon-10PM. Typical Chinese restaurant, but actually not very cheap. Menus from 128 DKK, mains 98-168 DKK.
Besides the few splurge restaurants listed here, Skjoldenæsholm and Sørup Herregård listed in the sleep section also have top end restaurants.
- Kudskehuset, Skjoldenæsvej 140, Jystrup, ☎ +45 5752 8343 (email@example.com), . W-M noon-9PM. Restaurant serving Danish cuisine in a historical building close to Skjoldenæsholm. Mains 145-249 DKK.
- Oishii, Tinggade 10, ☎ +45 5761 6666 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . M-Sa noon-9PM, Sa 1PM-9PM. Japanese restaurant serving sushi and other typical Japanese dishes. Menus from 178 DKK.
- Rådhuskroen, Sct. Bendtsgade 8, ☎ +45 5761 6897 (email@example.com), . M-Sa 11AM-8:45PM, Su 4PM-8:45PM. Restaurant in historical building serving classical Danish cuisine. Especially the open sandwiches for lunch are great. Open sandwiches 49-89 DKK, mains 158-235 DKK.
About a handfull of places to drink n' dance in the city.
Bars and clubs
- Baghuset, Sct. Hansgade 31A, ☎ +45 5767 6898 (Info@baghuset-4100.dk), . M-W 3PM-midnight, Th 3PM-2AM, F noon-4AM, Sa 2PM-4AM. Bar with dance in weekends and live music now and then.
- Crazy Daisy, Skt Hansgade 31, ☎ +45 5761 2547 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Th 9PM-late, F-Sa 11PM-late. Night club promoting itself as a rock & roll bar..
- Wengel, Nørregade 12. Th-Sa 4PM-1AM. Pub with live music now and then.
- Café Aspendos, Møllegade 11, ☎ +45 5767 0509. M-Sa 11AM-10PM, Su noon-10PM. Café serving drinks and light meals.
- Café Slabberas, Butik 26, Klosterparks Alle 1, ☎ +45 5040 5303 (email@example.com). M-F 10AM-6PM, Sa 10AM-5PM. Café serving drinks and light meals. Outdoor seating when wheater permits.
- Cafe Valdemar, Torvet 6 (at the towns main square), ☎ +45 2395 0510. M-F 10AM-8PM, Sa 10AM-6PM. Café serving drinks and light meals. Outdoor seating when wheater permits.
- Annegaarden Bed & Breakfast, .
- Annettes Bed & Breakfast, .
- Danhostel, Sct. Bendtsgade 18 (just beside the church), ☎ +45 5761 1526, .
- Gyrstinge Village Hostel, .
- Hotel Sørup Herregaard, .
- Merløsegaard Manor, .
- Skjoldenæsholm Hotel and ConferenceCenter, .