For other places with the same name, see Rincon
Rincón  Town of Beautiful is a town located on the Porta del Sol (West Coast) Region of Puerto Rico, and is southwest of Aguadilla. Rincón, well known for its world-class surfing beaches, and mentioned by name in the Beach Boys song "Surfin' Safari" ("at Rincón they're walking the nose"), was site of the World Surfing Championship in 1968.
The community is composed of local Puerto Ricans, international surfers, Americans and other nationalities who come to surf the legendary waves. Locals are friendly to tourists, but it can be helpful to be able to exchange some words in Spanish.
Most visitors fly into Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU) in San Juan. Rincón is about 2.5 hours via PR-22 to PR-2 to PR-115.
From Aguadilla (BQN), Rincón is about 30 minutes via PR-115
From Mayaguez (MAZ), Rincón is about 20 minutes via PR-115.
From Ponce (PSE), Rincón is about 70 minutes via PR-2.
Coming to Rincón is possible by State-Road 115. PR-115 to the north, connects Rincón to Aguadilla via Aguada and to the south to Añasco.
Roads in Rincón can be uncomfortable due to their narrowness, but they sure lead you to a natural paradise. In Rincón you can use famous Rincón-413.
- Rincon Tours & Taxi, ☎ +1 787-823-0906.
View of Desecheo Island from El Faro Lighthouse
- Desecheo Island National Wildlife Refuge. Desecheo Island, 14 miles from the coast, is not open to visitors; however, diving, snorkeling and fishing around the island is allowed.
- Rincón Lighthouse Park / El Faro Lighthouse, Route 4413, just off Route 413, ☎ +1 787 823-2244 (fax: +1 787 823-3240). Erratic hours; sign on door says 'usually open at 10:30'. Recreation site with a beautiful view of the Desecheo Island National Wildlife Refuge on Mona Passage. The park has a gift shop and a snack bar.
- Rincón Nuclear Plant. Unusual dome shaped building that is currently being converted into a museum.
- Whale watching. Usually December-March, February being the peak season. While impossible to predict what time whales will show up, usually before 10AM and evenings are the best time. The Rincón Lighthouse is a great place to whale watch.
- Katarina Sail Charters, Black Eagle Marina, ☎ +1 787-823-7245 (email@example.com), . Day Sails: 10:30AM-1:30PM; Evening Sails: 4:30PM-After sunset. Day sails includes snorkeling, whale watching and lunch, and evening sails include whale watching and free drinks. Day Sails: $60/30 (Adults/Children under 12); Evening Sails: $40/20 (Adults/Children under 12).
- Rincón Skate Town, Calle Nueve Carr. 115 km 5.2, ☎ +1 787-823-2897. M-F: 11AM-9PM; Sa-Su & Holidays: 9AM-9PM.
- Taino Divers, Black Eagle Marina, ☎ +1 787-823-6429 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Daily 9AM-9PM. Diving and snorkeling, whale watching tours and fishing.
- Almirante Beach
- Córcega Beach
- Los Almendros Beach
- Punta Higüero Beach
- Rincón Public Beach
- Sandy Beach
- Dogman's Beach
- Domes Beach
- Indicator Beach
- Maria's Beach
- Spanish Wall Beach
- Steps Beach - Show up mid-morning to early afternoon for the best place to surf or watch surfers. Named "Steps" for the set of concrete stairs a few feet in the water.
- Tres Palmas
There are shops along the street of the town center and state-road 413. Rincón is also near Aguadilla which is home to various shopping malls. There are also several surf shops in Rincón.
- Secret Garden Art Gallery, Carr. 429 k3.7 (between the Horned Dorset and the Lemon Tree), ☎ +1 787-823-4758 (email@example.com), . Tues-Su 11AM-5PM. Art gallery: Paintings photography and jewelry from local artists.
- Parrotphernalia & More Gift Shop, Carr. 413 Km 4.1 (Lazy Parrot Inn), ☎ +1 787-823-5654 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Gift shop with typical souvenirs, along with work by local artisans, including sea glass jewelry, photographs, and other unusual pieces.
- Mango Beach Shop, 413 Puntas, Rincon (Next to the Tamboo), ☎ 1+787-823-2100 (email@example.com,"), . 9am-6pm. Mango Beach Shop: Sea glass jewelry, t-shirts, bathings suits and much tropical crafts.
- Brasas Grill & Pelican Grill, Road 115 km 5.8 (Rincón Beach Resort), ☎ ''+1'' 787-589-9000 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Brasas Grill offers steaks and seafood, and Pelican Grill serves lighter food.
- Club Bon-Accord Bistro Restaurant & Bar, ☎ +1 787-823-2525, . F-M: 6PM-10PM; Su: 10AM-2PM. Dinners $16-25.
- El Cerdito, Road 155 (Corner of 115 and Calle 14. Great food but inexpensive. Sandwiches, like pulled pork, and turkey legs. Great place to get food to go and eat on the beach. Lunches 5-6.
- Horned Dorset Primavera, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-4030.
- Il Bambino Italian Restaurant, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-3744. Italian and Puerto Rican dishes.
- KaPlash. For empanadillas.
- La Ana de Cofresi Restaurant, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-2450.
- Natural High Cafe, 99 Calle Sol , Route 115 km. 14.3 (Between the two ends or Route 413), ☎ 787-823-1772 (info@NaturalHighCafe.com), . The only place in North West Puerto Rico to get organic food! Vegetarian, vegan, living food, and raw vegan gourmet. You can dine in a relaxed atmosphere and have an organic coffee or smoothie while checking your email, or come in for a four-course veg dining experience. Hours vary dependent upon the season. Call for this week's hours and specials. Moderate.
- The Paradise Restaurant. Comida criolla breakfast and lunch.
- Rincón Tropical Restaurant, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-2017. Closed Tuesday. Creole dishes.
- Rock Bottom Grill, ☎ +1 787-823-3756. Daily: 10AM-?.
- Smiling Joe's Restaurant, Carr. 413 Km 4.1, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-5654 (email@example.com, fax: ''+1'' 787-823-0224), . Entrees $20-30.
- Church's Chicken
- Burger King
- Banana Dang Coffee (Banana Dang Internet Cafe), Carr. 413 Km 4.1 Puntas, Rincon (2 doors next to the Lazy Parrot Inn on Rte. 413 Km 4.1), ☎ 1+ 787 823-0963, . 7am-5pm. Banana Dang Coffee is a neighborhood coffeehouse in Rincon, Puerto Rico passionately committed to serving the best coffee and healthiest banana smoothies. We have Wi-Fi and internet access too. $2 - $5.
In addition to these, several hotels also have bars.
- Calypso, Road 4413 Bo. Puntas Maria's Beach, ☎ +1 787-823-3762 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Daily: 11AM-?.
- Rincón Nativo, Carr. 115 Km 10.4 (Behind the Sports Complex), ☎ +1 787-823-4922 (email@example.com). Su-Th: 5PM-1AM; F-Sa: 5PM-3AM.
- Sandy Beach Inn, Road 413, Km 4.3. Great ocean views and friendly atmosphere.
Or, if you prefer, you can have alcohol delivered to you:
- EV Vacation Rentals Rincon Puerto Rico, Carr 429 Km 2.7 (Rincon), ☎ 787-431-3288, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12 noon. Vacation Rentals Puerto Rico. EV Vacation Rentals located Rincon Puerto Rico has 3 large affordable vacation rentals.Discounts on groups and stays longer than a week. $75/night-$525/week.
- Coconut Palms Inn at the Beach, 2734 Calle 8, Comunidad Estela, tel: +1 787 823-0147 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . This inn has eight rooms and is located directly on the beach. $75-150.
- The Pineapple Inn, 2911, Calle 11, tel: +1 787 823-1430, (email@example.com), . Located across the street from the beach. $95-140.
- Beside the Pointe Inn, Road 413, Km. 4, Sandy Beach Road, Puntas, tel: +1 787 823-8550, (toll free: +1 888 823-8550 firstname.lastname@example.org), . $70-156 (low season), $90-180 (high season).
- Vista Vacation Resort, tel: +1 787 823-3673, (toll free: +1 866 958-4782 mailto:email@example.com), . All rooms have a kitchen or kitchenette. $90-215.
- Lazy Parrot Inn, Carr. 413 Km 4.1, Bo. Puntas, tel: +1 787 823-5654 (toll free: +1 800 294-1752 firstname.lastname@example.org), . Located 1/2 mile from the beach, this small inn has seven rooms. It also has a bar. $110-125.
- Parador Villa Antonio, Road 115 Km.12.0, tel: +1 787 823-2645 (email@example.com), . The Parador Villa Antonio is located on the beach, although not all rooms have an ocean view. Each room, whether it is an apartment or a beach front cottage, comes equipped with air conditioning and a kitchen. $115-150.
- Villa Cofresí Hotel, Road 115 KM. 12.0, tel: +1 787 823-2450, (firstname.lastname@example.org), . The hotel has a restaurant and bar on premises. $115-160.
- Amapola House Ocean View Villa, toll free: +1 877-413-4133, (email: mailto:email@example.com), . $175-245/night. Brand-new three-level vacation home with 4 bedrooms, three full baths and rooftop spa tub. Sleeps up to eight.
- Punta Beach Vacation Apartments, toll free: +1 866-727-8682, (email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), . $125-165/night. Vacation home. Sleeps up to six.
- El Mirador Guesthouse, SR 413, Km. 4, tel: +1 787 317-2280, (toll free +1 888-883-0188, email: mailto:email@example.com), . $135-$185/night. Vacation home. Sleeps up to 10.
- Tres Sirenas Beach Inn, tel: +1 787 823-0558, . $150-260 (low season), $160-280 (high season).
- Lorraine Beach House, tel: +1 787 890-3382. $175/night; $1200/week. Vacation home. Sleeps up to six.
- Rincón Beach Resort, Road 115 KM 5.8, Añasco, tel: +1 787 589-9000, (toll free: +1 866 589-0009 firstname.lastname@example.org), . This hotel has a bar. $195-545 (low season), $230-625 (high season).
- Rincón of the Seas - Grand Caribbean Hotel, Road 115, Km 12.2, tel: +1 787 823-7500, (toll free: +1 866 274-6266 email@example.com), . This hotel has a bar. $190-410 (low season), $235-495 (high season).
- Lemontree Oceanfront Cottages, Carr 429, Km. 4.1, tel: +1 787 823-6452, (toll free +1 888-418-8733, email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), . $95-$295/night. Beachfront vacation rental inn. Sleeps up 2-6.
Pelican Point Apartments on Sandy Beach location/location/location $150 night (2 bedroom 1 bath) 706.206.7625
- Villa Lomas, Road 413, On Pineapple Hill, 5 minutes to Steps Beach, $125 night, 1 bedroom, swimming pool. . 787-823-1273
- Tres Amigos Beach House, . $1800/week. Vacation home.
- Rincón Escape Villa, . $300/day. Vacation home.
- Casa Hines, . $3125-3750/week. Vacation home. Sleeps up to 26.
- Caracol Ché, . $1650-5800/week. Vacation home. Sleeps up to 8.
- Relais & Châteaux Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel, Apartado 1132, tel: +1 800 633-1857 (email@example.com), . $717-1023/night (low season), $1377-1865/night (high season).
- Beachfront Vacation Home: Villa Orleans, . $2275-$3850/week. Vacation Rental. Sleeps 10-14.
Since Puerto Rico is roughly 160 km by 56 km (100 miles by 35 miles), just about any town is with a half days drive.
Nearby towns include:
WikiPedia:Rincón, Puerto Rico