For other places with the same name, see Rincon
Rincón  The Town of Beautiful Sunsets is a town located on the Porta del Sol (West Coast) Region of Puerto Rico, and is southwest of Aguadilla. Rincón, well known for its world-class surfing beaches was site of the World Surfing Championship in 1968.
The community is composed of local Puerto Ricans, international surfers, Americans and other nationalities who come to surf the legendary waves. Locals are friendly to tourists, but it can be helpful to be able to exchange some words in Spanish.
Most visitors fly into Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU) in San Juan. Rincón is about 2.5 hours via PR-22 to PR-2 to PR-115.
From Aguadilla (BQN), Rincón is about 30 minutes via PR-115. Direct service from JFK, Newark & Orlando.
From Mayaguez (MAZ), Rincón is about 20 minutes via PR-115.
From Ponce (PSE), Rincón is about 70 minutes via PR-2.
Coming to Rincón is possible by State-Road 115. PR-115 to the north, connects Rincón to Aguadilla via Aguada and to the south to Añasco.
Roads in Rincón can be uncomfortable due to their narrowness, but they sure lead you to a natural paradise. In Rincón you can use famous Rincón-413.
- Rincon Tours & Taxi, ☎ +1 787-823-0906.
- Ramon Full Transportation Services - Bilingual, ☎ +1 787-823-5938.
View of Desecheo Island from El Faro Lighthouse
- Desecheo Island National Wildlife Refuge. Desecheo Island, 14 miles from the coast, is not open to visitors; however, diving, snorkeling and fishing around the island is allowed.
- Rincón Lighthouse Park / El Faro Lighthouse, Route 4413, just off Route 413, ☎ +1 787 823-2244 (fax: +1 787 823-3240). Erratic hours; sign on door says 'usually open at 10:30'. Recreation site with a beautiful view of the Desecheo Island National Wildlife Refuge on Mona Passage. The park has a gift shop and a snack bar.
- Rincón Nuclear Plant. Unusual dome shaped building that is currently being converted into a museum.
- Whale watching. Usually December-March, February being the peak season. While impossible to predict what time whales will show up, usually before 10AM and evenings are the best time. The Rincón Lighthouse is a great place to whale watch.
- Boarding House Surf School (Boarding House Surf School), ☎ 787-823-4191, . located in Barrio Puntas 75.00 and up. (18.362834673348334,-67.25759267807007)
- Katarina Sail Charters, Black Eagle Marina, ☎ +1 787-823-7245 (email@example.com), . Day Sails: 10:30AM-1:30PM; Evening Sails: 4:30PM-After sunset. Day sails includes snorkeling, whale watching and lunch, and evening sails include whale watching and free drinks. Day Sails: $60/30 (Adults/Children under 12); Evening Sails: $50/25 (Adults/Children under 12).
- Rincón Skate Town, Calle Nueve Carr. 115 km 5.2, ☎ +1 787-823-2897. M-F: 11AM-9PM; Sa-Su & Holidays: 9AM-9PM.
- Surf Camp / Surf School, Carr. 115 km 8.2, ☎ +1 787-448-0968, . "M-F:;. Learn to Surf!
- Taino Divers, Black Eagle Marina, ☎ +1 787-823-6429 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Daily 9AM-9PM. Diving and snorkeling, whale watching tours and fishing.
- Almirante Beach
- Córcega Beach
- Los Almendros Beach
- Punta Higüero Beach
- Rincón Public Beach
- Sandy Beach
- Dogman's Beach
- Domes Beach
- Indicator Beach
- Maria's Beach
- Spanish Wall Beach
- Steps Beach - Show up mid-morning to early afternoon for the best place to surf or watch surfers. Named "Steps" for the set of concrete stairs a few feet in the water.
- Tres Palmas
There are shops along the street of the town center and state-road 413. Rincón is also near Aguadilla which is home to various shopping malls. There are also several surf shops in Rincón.
- EV Hair Salon, Carr.429 Km2.7, ☎ +1 787-431-3288 (email@example.com), . CALL For Appointment. Professional Salon for Men & Women's Hair cuts blow outs, color tint, high lights, up dos,pedicures, manicures.
- Mango Beach Shop, 413 Puntas, Rincon (Next to the Tamboo), ☎ 1+787-823-2100, . 9am-6pm. Mango Beach Shop: Sea glass jewelry, t-shirts, bathings suits and much tropical crafts.
- Parrotphernalia & More Gift Shop, Carr. 413 Km 4.1 (Lazy Parrot Inn), ☎ +1 787-823-5654 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Gift shop with typical souvenirs, along with work by local artisans, including sea glass jewelry, photographs, and other unusual pieces.
- Rincon Sports Massage, Carr 413 KM 5.6 (half a mile north of the Lazy Parrot), ☎ 787-431-4216, . 7-5. Rincon Sports Massage is a professional therapeutic & sports massage practice. Neuromuscular, Trigger Point, Deep Tissue, Therapeutic & Sports Massage techniques are used to minimize pain & discomforts - as well as to maximize sports & life performance. Couples & Out Call available 75.00. (18.35927838820592,-67.2467914223671)
- Antojo's, Road 115 Km 11.2, Pueblo, Rincon, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-4377. 10:30am-10:00pm, closed Tuesday. Delicious & affordable local food.
- Brasas Grill & Pelican Grill, Road 115 km 5.8 (Rincón Beach Resort), ☎ ''+1'' 787-589-9000 (email@example.com). Brasas Grill offers steaks and seafood, and Pelican Grill serves lighter food.
- Das Alpen Cafe (German-Italian Restaurant), Rincon Plaza South (close to central square), ☎ 787-233-8009, . 5pm-10pm. German / Italian restaurant. Authentic Southern German / Northern Italian cuisine and beers. Try their Sauerbraten or Rouladen. $15-20.
- EL Bambino Italian Restaurant, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-3744. Italian and Puerto Rican dishes.
- El Fogon De La Curva Restaurant (Oceanview), Hwy 115 (The curve going into Rincon), ☎ 787 826-0096, . 10:00am-11:00pm. Offers traditional Puerto Rican dishes, lechon, fresh daily fish specials, beers and homemade infused rum. Now open Sushi & Martini Den, with fresh sushi and selection of martinis. Attached Fresh Fish market.
- El Pequeno Guavate Restaurant, Carr. 414, Km 4.5. Traditional Puerto Rican fare including mofongo, lechon, arroz gandules, yucca and appetizers.
- Harbor Restaurant, ☎ 787-823-0547, . located right on the beach at Sunset Village. Fresh local fish and lobster mixed with Caribbean Creole cuisine.
- Horned Dorset Primavera, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-4030.
- KaPlash. For empanadillas.
- La Ana de Cofresi Restaurant, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-2450.
- Rincón Nativo, Carr. 115 Km 10.4 (Behind the Sports Complex), ☎ 787-823-4922 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Su-Th: 5PM-1AM; F-Sa: 5PM-3AM.
- Rincón Tropical Restaurant, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-2017. Closed Tuesday. Creole dishes.
- Rock Bottom Grill, ☎ +1 787-823-3756. Daily: 10AM-?.
- Lucky 13 BBQ, Road 155 (Corner of 115 and Calle 14. Great food and inexpensive. Southern Style food. Lunches 5-6.
- Tamboo Seaside Grill, Road 413, Km. 4, Sandy Beach Road, ☎ ''+1'' 787-823-8550 (email@example.com), . Beautiful location directly on the beach. Late evening dance scene.
- The English Rose, Bo. Ensenada,(Pineapple Hill), ☎ 787-589-9000, . Highly regarded as the best breakfast in Rincon. A must‐do while in Rincon.
- The Lazy Parrot Restaurant, Carr. 413 Km 4.1, ☎ 787-823-5654 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: ''+1'' 787-823-0224), . Some of Rincon's favorite restaurants are right here at The Lazy Parrot - whether you're looking for a romantic dinner at our tropical dining pavilion or a quick snack or tropical drink at our Rum Shack Poolside. Visit www.LazyParrot.com see website menu.
- The Paradise Restaurant. Comida criolla breakfast and lunch.
- Tropical Gourmet, Hwy 115,(next to Bonet Liquors). Authentic Puerto Rican fare in a casual atmosphere. Try the mofongo!
- Shipwreck Bar and Grill, Carr. 413,(Black Eagle Marina), ☎ 787-823-6429, . Nightly seafood special fresh of the boat, large salads, burgers, pastas, steaks. Try the tuna tamari salad or Nana’s 7‐Hour meat sauce.
- Church's Chicken
- Burger King
- Rincon Grocery Delivery (Rincon Puerto Rico Services), Carr 414, ☎ 787-632-2889, . Personal grocery shopping and delivery services in Rincon.
In addition to these, several hotels also have bars.
- Banana Dang Coffee (Banana Dang Coffee Bar), Carr. 413 Km 4.1 Puntas, Rincon (2 doors next to the Lazy Parrot Inn on Rt. 413 Km 4.1), ☎ 1+ 787-823-0963, . 7am-4pm (Closed Tuesday). Banana Dang Coffee is a neighborhood coffeebar serving specialty coffee from Puerto Rico and healthy banana smoothies. Wi-Fi and computers too. $2 - $5.
- Calypso, Road 4413 Bo. Puntas Maria's Beach, ☎ +1 787-823-3762 (email@example.com), . Daily: 11AM-?.
- Sandy Beach Inn, Road 413, Km 4.3. Great ocean views and friendly atmosphere.
Or, if you prefer, you can have alcohol delivered to you:
- Bonet Liquor Store & Delivery, Plaza Bonet, ☎ +1 787-823-3504 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Rum Shack Poolside at The Lazy Parrot, ☎ 787-823-5654, . Serves lighter meals and snacks next to the pool during high season. Special theme nights feature Reggae Night, Surfing Slideshows, travelling art shows and more. During low season when The Lazy Parrot Restaurant is closed, they incorporate items from both menus
There are only four actual hotels in town, and remaining lodging options are made up of vacation rentals, guest houses and villas.
- Relais & Châteaux Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel, Apartado 1132, tel: +1 800 633-1857 (787-823-4030) (email@example.com), . $360-1385/night (low season), $596-1385/night (high season).
- Rincón Beach Resort, Road 115 KM 5.8, Añasco, tel: +1 787 589-9000, (toll free: +1 866 589-0009 firstname.lastname@example.org), . This hotel has a bar. $195-545 (low season), $230-625 (high season).
- Rincón of the Seas - Grand Caribbean Hotel, Road 115, Km 12.2, tel: +1 787 823-7500, (toll free: +1 866 274-6266 email@example.com), . This hotel has a bar. $190-410 (low season), $235-495 (high season).
- Villa Cofresí Hotel, Road 115 KM. 12.0, tel: +1 787 823-2450, (firstname.lastname@example.org), . The hotel has a restaurant and bar on premises. $115-160.
- Beside the Pointe Inn, Road 413, Km. 4, Sandy Beach Road, Puntas, tel: +1 787 823-8550, (toll free: +1 888 823-8550 email@example.com), . $70-156 (low season), $90-180 (high season).
- Coconut Palms Inn at the Beach, 2734 Calle 8, Comunidad Estela, tel: +1 787 823-0147 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . This inn has eight rooms and is located directly on the beach. $75-150.
- EV Vacation Rentals, Carr 429 Km2.7 (between Heinz Mansion and Horned Dorsett Primavera Hotel), ☎ 787-431-3288 or 787-930-6545 (prVacationRental@aol.com), . 3 large beautiful studio guest rooms within walking distance to the calm beaches of Rincon. Prices Start $75/night.
- Lazy Parrot Inn, Carr. 413 Km 4.1, Bo. Puntas, tel: +1 787 823-5654 (toll free: +1 800 294-1752 email@example.com), . Guest's are always surprised when they arrive at The Lazy Parrot Hotel and find our unique mix of quaint Caribbean Inn, hillside oasis, restaurants, pool side bar, gift shop, putt-putt, buffet breakfast and resort-style rooms, all available within their budget and located in the beautiful setting of Puntas Rincon Puerto Rico. www.LazyParrot.com
- Parador Villa Antonio, Road 115 Km.12.0, tel: +1 787 823-2645 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . The Parador Villa Antonio is located on the beach, although not all rooms have an ocean view. Each room, whether it is an apartment or a beach front cottage, comes equipped with air conditioning and a kitchen. $115-150.
- The Pineapple Inn, 2911, Calle 11, tel: +1 787 823-1430, (email@example.com), . Located across the street from the beach. $95-140.
- Surf 787 Bed 'n Breakfast, Carr 115, Barrio Calvache, tel: +1 787 448-0968 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . This inn has 6 rooms and is located on hillside near beach. $90-135.
- Amapola House Ocean View Villa, toll free: +1 877-413-4133, (email: mailto:email@example.com), . $175-245/night. Brand-new three-level vacation home with 4 bedrooms, three full baths and rooftop spa tub. Sleeps up to eight.
- Beachside Villas, +1 310-270-5232, (email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), . $175-350/night. Located on a quiet street by the beach, Beachside Villas is a classic beach house in a tropical setting, fully furnished with everything your family will need for a wonderful Caribbean vacation. This Rincon vacation rental is a comfortable family house, with a large private pool and plenty of outdoor space, our villa is a peaceful and relaxing base from which you and your family can explore Rincon & Puerta Rico's, Porta del Sol.
- El Mirador Guesthouse, SR 413, Km. 4, tel: +1 787 317-2280, (toll free +1 888-883-0188, email: mailto:email@example.com), . $135-$185/night. Vacation home. Sleeps up to 10.
- Lemontree Oceanfront Cottages, Carr 429, Km. 4.1, tel: +1 787 823-6452, (toll free +1 888-418-8733, email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), . $95-$295/night. Beachfront vacation rental inn. Sleeps up 2-6.
- Casa Lorraine Beach House, tel: +1 310 270-5232. $200/night; $1400/week. Vacation home. Sleeps up to six. (email: mailto:email@example.com)
- Pelican Point Apartments on Sandy Beach. $150 night (2 bedroom 1 bath) 706.206.7625 Pelican Point Website
- Punta Beach Vacation Apartments, toll free: +1 866-727-8682, (email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), . $125-165/night. Vacation home. Sleeps up to six.
- Tres Sirenas Beach Inn, tel: +1 787 823-0558, . $150-260 (low season), $160-280 (high season).
- Villa Lomas, Road 413, On Pineapple Hill, 5 minutes to Steps Beach, $125 night, 1 bedroom, swimming pool. . 787-823-1273
- Caracol Ché, . $1650-5800/week. Vacation home. Sleeps up to 8.
- Rincón Escape Villa, . $300/day. Vacation home.
- Rincon Ocean Villa, . $2,500-4,000/night (low-high season). 3.5 acre, gated property directly on the Corcega Beach in Rincon. Villa, rented as a whole - Your own private resort. Sleeps up to 28. 10 bedrooms, 9 full and 2 half baths. 65 foot pool, whirlpool, exercise facility, sauna, grand dining room that comfortably seats 22, courtyard and whale watch tower. Vacations, Family Reunions, Weddings, Corporate Events & Fundraisers.
- The 429 Sunset Strip private club, Carr.429 km 2.9 Bo. Barrerro, Rincon (Located next to Posh Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel), ☎ 516-284-4950, . 11,000sqft, 4 levels with 35 mile sea and coastal view of Southwest coast. 2500l.
- Tres Amigos Beach House, . $1800/week. Vacation home.
- Villa Orleans (Puerto Rico Beachfront Villa), ☎ 787-433-6013 (VillaOrleansPR@gmail.com), . checkin: 3 pm; checkout: 11 am. 1 acre, 3 house compound, Sleeps 10-14. 6 bedroom beachfront villa with pool. Rent only the rooms you need from $450 to $695 per night. Weddings, Vacations and yoga retreats. $3150-$4865/week..
- Villa Ocean Mist (Rincon Villa), ☎ 914-843-7040 (email@example.com), . Sandy Beach. 3 bedroom 2 Full Bath 2 Half Bath - Rooftop Bar. $350 night $2450 Weekly.
Since Puerto Rico is roughly 160 km by 56 km (100 miles by 35 miles), just about any town is with a half days drive.
Nearby towns include:
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!
WikiPedia:Rincón, Puerto Rico