Rimini  is a resort town in Emilia-Romagna, on Italy's east coast.
There has been a settlement at Rimini since prehistoric times. Founded by the Romans in 268 B.C., Rimini boasts a 2,000-year history that has left important marks testifying to its grandeur. To the Romans, Ariminum was a link between the "Italic" and the "Gallic" lands, a stronghold on the Adriatic and a gateway to the Po valley. Three major roads converged here - the Flaminian Way, the Aemilian Way and the Popilian Way.
Rimini today is a thriving, bustling resort on the Italian Riviera that boasts "over a thousand hotels". It is one of the least pretentious towns in Italy, and has a well-deserved reputation for.
This is a place where the Italians go for their sea and sun, and therefore the food is excellent as well as the people being friendly and helpful. You won't find many tour buses filled with Americans or English here! This also means, however, that few speak anything but Italian, so be sure to take your phrase book with you. The locals will work with you and are always happy to see a foreigner at least trying to communicate in their language.
As a renowned resort area, Rimini has its own airport. Rimini International Airport (IATA: RMI)  Buses run the 7 km from the airport to the railway station in the centre of the town.
Low Cost Airline Ryanair Fly to/from Rimini. check to 
Some discount airlines go to Forli, Forli Airport (IATA: FRL)  which is about 55 km from Rimini.
There is a train line  that runs up and down the coast from Rimini, to Ravenna and Bologna in the north and Ancona in the south, via any number of smaller resort towns.
The A14, a six-lane motorway known as the autostrada del mare runs away to the north. The SS 72 heads inland towards San Marino. The SS16 heads in from the North and Ravenna.
Most hotels are within walking distance of the beach and the centre, but if you want to take a trip along the coast or inland, buses run regularly from the train station and are frequent and cheap.
- The Augustus Arch, a Roman arch built to celebrate the Roman emperor who lent it his name
- The Tiberius Bridge, the Roman bridge that marks the beginning of the Aemilian Way
- The Domus of the Surgeon an impressive archeological area documenting 20 centuries of Rimini history.
- The Federico Fellini Museum, Via Clementini 2, Rimini, Fellini's Museum is located within Rimini's historic centre and is popular with both Italian public and foreign visitors alike. This museum covers everything related to the great film director's life and career, from the earliest days of Federico Fellini (1920 - 1993) to his greatest masterpieces, including five Oscars. The Museo Fellini hosts regular exhibitions of drawings, photographs and sketches.
Rimini museum open: Tuesday to Friday - 16:00 to 19:00, Saturday to Sunday - 10:00 to 12:00 and 16:00 to 19:00
Rimini museum admission: free
- Tempio Malatestiano, 35 Via IV Novembre, ☎ +39 0541 51130. open M-Sa 8:30AM-12:30PM, 3:30PM-7PM, and Su, 9AM-1PM, 3:30PM-7PM. Bizarre burial chapel for Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, the lord of the city, together with his mistress Isotta degli Atti and the Malatesta family.
Lounge on the 15km of beaches. Known as La Marina, the beachfront is by far the number one reason anybody comes to Rimini. Yes, there is an old town, but this is generally ignored by most tourists although its major historical and cultural value with valuable monuments dating back to Roman and medieval era.
Over winter, the marina side becomes a ghost town with a lot of shops shutting until the warm season starts up again, but the city centre is open all year round offering cultural events, good restaurants and great shopping opportunities, especially during sales period (jan-feb).
The new Rimini Fair host several important congress and fairs with a busy autumn-winter-spring schedule Rimini Fiera .
In late 2009 the new congress center will open very near the center of the city.
Remember to take a dip in the Adriatic. The bay is warm and inviting and home to many interesting and friendly mammals.
Downtown are the best fashion boutiques, where is it possible to find the best Italian designer brands (Gucci, Prada, Armani, D&G, ...). In early 2006 the first and one of the biggest (in Romagna) shopping malls, called "Le Befane", opened. It's so big that it changed the landscape of the west side of the city.
For typically tourist stuff, the beachfront has small souvenir shops. If you enjoy scandalising the family or even your home country's postal service, don't miss some of the more risqué postcards on sale at any one of a number of the little shops on the seafront.
In Rimini you can find several good places to eat. Since the city is on the seashore it is suggested to have a fish-based dish. Some of the best restaurant are: Lo Squero, Il Lurido, Da Guido, Marinelli. Usually with every dish you will get the famous "Piadina", a thin and very tasty sort of bread.
At the beach in the San Guiliano a Mare area, there are restaurants on the beach where one typically dines Al Fresco in warm weather. Although one might be wary of such establishments, the food is excellent and inexpensive. A typical dinner might cost only €5-€6 for the meal alone. Sometimes they offer a multi-plate dinner (good for 2 or even 3 persons) for €18 that includes a 1/4 litre of wine.
There are also excellent restaurants just off the main streets.
- Yummy (Bar & Restaurant), via Mantova 70, Rivazzurra di Rimini (close to Carnaby Club), ☎ +39 0541452838, . 17:30 - 06:30. Famous for steaks, it's a combination of local Rimini style restaurant & international snack-and-burger bar. Nice and friendly atmosphere with young and multilingual staff. € 10 - 20.
Near Rimini, at the Montegridolfo Castle
- Osteria dell'Accademia (Osteria), Via Roma, 20 Montegridolfo RN, ☎ + 39.0541.855335, . Inside the Montegridolfo Castle, the osterie dell'Accademia is famous for the typical italian cusine: for example tagliatelle, cappelletti, carne alla griglia, tartufo and mushroom. A beautiful panorama in front of the sea in a medioeval castle between the hills. € 30/35 drink included. (43.8592222,12.6909444)
The whole town is geared towards tourists, so the night life is very good and there are bars everywhere. Once the sun goes down, the streets of Rimini come alive with lights, colour and noise as the sunbathers of the day become the revellers of the evening.
There are however no "real" clubs in Rimini; only bars with dance floors. For real clubbing you have to go to Riccione, the next town over, which is about a 15 minute drive away. There is however one club called Carnaby's which is on the outskirts of Rimini and it has a free shuttle bus; the club is also within walking distance.
- Carnaby Club . Open every night from March to October. The Club itself is a 3 storied building, each level having a different atmosphere, music style, bars and DJs. Free shuttle service on whole Rimini Area.
- Life club, Viale Regina Margherita 11, . Lively nightclub boasting two floors. Open all summer long with a variety of music styles on both floors. Outdoor smoking area fitted with seats. Free bus to and from the club and free giveaways and drink promotions.
- Opéra Marano, viale D'Annunzio 150, Riccione (seafront bathing area 134), ☎ +39 3384430837 (for reservations, quotes and promotions call Federico) (firstname.lastname@example.org), . 9PM-5AM. Open from May to half September. Dance club on the beach with a tropical setting and live music (Italian music, commercial/dance and revival on Fridays, commercial/dance and house on Saturdays). A dinner menu of meat and fish is also available 9:30PM to midnight. On request shuttle service on whole Rimini Area or you can take Bus Line 11.
- Jammin' Party Hostel, Viale Derna 22, ☎ +39 0541 390800 (email@example.com), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12am. Clean and large private rooms 1-2-4-6 beds and dormitories 4-6-8 beds. Free breakfast, kitchen facility, Free WiFi, Free Bicycles, self laundry, Cocktail bar, DJ-set and dance hall, Discounted tickets for discos and amusement parks, every day happy-hour and weekend pasta-pizza parties. Reception open h24. Special offers for groups, stag parties, bachelor parties and events (check the website). Open April-September. from 13EUR. (44°3',12°34')
- Jammin' Backpackers Hotel, Viale Bengasi 2, ☎ +39 0541 390800 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 2pm (at Jammin' Hostel, 100m); checkout: 12am. Clean large private rooms 1-2-4-6 beds all bathroom ensuite. Bar and reception 24h. Linen included hand given at check-in. Discounted tickets for discos and amusement parks. Small pets allowed upon authorization. At Jammin' Party Hostel, with a small extra, you can also have: buffet breakfast, Free WiFi, bicycles hire, self laundry, cocktail bar. Open June-August. from 11EUR. (44°3',12°34')
- Hotel Europa Rimini, Viale A. Vespucci, 83, ☎ +39 03631830407 (email@example.com, fax: +39 03631830407), . Affordable, clean and modern 3 star hotel with private beach, located on the seafront. Easy access to main services, amenities and nightlife.
- Hotel Morfeo, via Enna 22, Marebello di Rimini (200 m from the beach), ☎ +39 (0)541 373322, . For young people only. Part of the Young People Hotels group devoted to party going people between 16 and 35 years. 24hr reception, breakfast until 12.30 for daysleepers, bed & breakfast or half board, with all you can eat buffet, all rooms with air-conditioning, sunbeds and beach facilities included.
- Hotel River, Via Ortigara, 21, ☎ +39 0541/26904, . A nice little hotel right on the beach with private parking with breakfast bar laden with healthy and tasty treats and unlimited coffee from a machine. Charge extra €5 for aircon. Doubles from €60 per night, singles from €40..
- Liverpool Hotel Rimini, Viale Bergamo, 8 - Rivazzurra di Rimini (Family Zanotti since 1964), ☎ +390541-370999 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +390541-370999), . checkin: 10.30 a.m.; checkout: 10.00 a.m.. Elegant Family Hotel near the sea, with fantastic offers all inclusive for the holidays in Rimini. Pizza Party every Sunday evening at 10.00 p.m. - Piadina Party every Thursday evening at 09.30 p.m. - Special Dinner Fish every Tuesday at 08.20 p.m. for all the guests that love fresh fish. Free Internet Wifi and parking. Full Board € 35,00 - All Inclusive € 44,00.
- Residence Paradiso, Viale Tirrenia 2, ☎ +39 0541 377439, . Doubles €80-150.
- Sunflower Beach Backpackers Hostels and Bar, via Siracusa 25, ☎ +39 0541373432 (email@example.com), . The Official Hostelling International of Rimini. Suggested on Lonely Planet, Lets'Go and Rouge Guide.Free breakfast and WiFi, laundry facilities, fully equipped kitchen, 24h security, bicycles, bar open 24h, parties and concerts. Europe Famous Hostels Member. The Sunflower Bar has happy hour every night and organise the Rimini pub & disco crawl. By Bus : Line 11, Stop 24 from €15 per person.
- Sunflower City Backpackers and Bar, via Dardanelli 102, ☎ +39 054125180 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Located 200 meters from the beach. Sister operation to Sunflower Beach Backpackers. Each room has its own theme and character and is decorated. Free breakfast, Internet and WiFi, laundry facilities, fully equipped kitchen, 24 hr security, bicycles, bar open 24h, parties and concerts. Open all yearBy Bus : Line 11, Stop 8 from 14 € per person.
- Sunflower Surf Youth Hotel and Bar, via Siracusa 8, ☎ +39 0541372675 (email@example.com), . Free breakfast and WiFi, laundry facilities, fully equipped kitchen, 24h security, bicycles, bar open 24h, parties and concerts. The Sunflower Bar has happy hour every night and organise the Rimini pub & disco crawl. By Bus : Line 11, Stop 24 from €15 per person.
- Albergo Aquila, Via Porto Palos 13, ☎ +39 0541 734504 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +39 0541 734504), . checkin: 12,00; checkout: 10,00. 25 - 60. (12°31'56,44°05'32)
- Hotel Baia (Viserbella di Rimini), Viale Porto Palos 33, ☎ +39 541 721061 (email@example.com), . checkin: 12; checkout: 10. Located directly on the beach. Fully modernized and restored recently, the hotel offers to the guests wide and well-lighted rooms, air conditioned dining room, car park, well equipped rooms with modern and functional furnishing and comforts as air conditioning, safe-box and hairdryer. Double room from 60€.
- Hotel Elba, viale Brindisi 21, Rivazzurra di Rimini (in front of Carnaby Club), ☎ +39 (0)541 373539, . A 3 star hotel for youths only, situated right in front of th Carnaby Club. Within walking distance from the beach. Part of the Young People Hotels group.
- Albergo Viking, Viale Galatea 4 (Family Antonioli), ☎ +39 (0)541 721064 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +39 (0)541 721064), . checkin: 12 a.m.; checkout: 10 a.m.. Near the beach, pool, hydro jacuzzi in the garden, car parking, garden with games for children.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!