Remoulins is a town in Languedoc-Roussillon in France.
- Buses operated by Edgard  run from Avignon (route A15) and Nîmes (route C21) to Remoulins where it is a short walk to le Pont du Gard. A one-way ticket costs 1,50€ per person.
Buses do not go to the visitor's center despite the presence of a bus stop pole and Timetable (out of date)
- Car, A9 motorway, exit 23 at Remoulins, direction Uzès then follow the signs to the left or right bank. There are two car parks which open from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (5 € per day). There are 800 places on the left bank and 600 places on the right bank.
From the main road it is a short 5 minute walk to the visitor center of le Pont du Gard. The Aqueduct is a further 5 minute walk from here.
- Le Pont du Gard . A massive Roman aqueduct that was placed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1981. It was originally part of a 50km canal supplying fresh water to the Roman city of Nimes. The museum by the main car park explains beautifully how the Romans built the 50km canal, including the aqueduct, and how they used the water. Descriptions are in French and English and should interest visitors of all ages. There is a not-too-pricey restaurant by the side of the aqueduct.
Access to the bridge is free
Cultural activities and shops:
Opening: from 9:00 or 09:30 to 17:30 or 19:00 depending on the season.
N.B.: the discovery areas are closed on Monday mornings.
- This is a popular place for Hikers and cyclists and is on several well marked trails. A booklet is available from the visitors center for €4 detailing trails around the bridge.
- Canoe France  offers the chance to canoe along the Gardon and under the bridge on several different trips.
- It is possible to swim in the water near the bridge, it is quite cold and very rocky so best be prepared with old shoes.
The Pont du Gard is the most visited antique site in France, with over one million visitors per year. It is, however, located in a fragile Mediterranean environment.
A few basic rules should therefore be observed, please:
take your waste away with you, do not pick any plants, stay on the marked paths, keep dogs on a lead.
It is also formally prohibited to light fires or to dive into the Gardon from the bridge.
There are many Tourist orientated shops in the visitors center.
The only shops are at the Visitors center.
The only food can be bought at the visitors center
The only drinks can be bought at the visitors center
- Camping International: Des Gorges du Gardon, 30 210 Vers-Pont-du-Gard (By A9 freeway, exit REMOULINS direction UZES (D 981)), ☎ +33 4 66 22 81 81 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +33 4 66 22 90 12), . This is a well equipped campsite very near le Pont du Gard. €12.50-€18.50 depending on season.
It may be best to visit as a day trip from a base in Avignon or Nimes