Rehoboth Beach is a city in Delaware.
Rehoboth is easily accessible from Delaware Route 1 from most points to the north such as Philadelphia and Wilmington. You can also ride Delaware's resort transit from Dover or Wilmington.
Your feet are more than enough to get you around the town of Rehoboth. For travel between beach towns, a car or Delaware's Resort transit provided by DART First State is the best way to go.
- Lewes Historical Society Complex at Shipcarpenter St. and West Third. Restored buildings and country store. Marine Museum next to Post Office. Walking tour of historic homes. Call Lewes Chamber of Commerce at 302-645-8073.
- Nanticoke Indian Museum at Routes 24 and 5, Oak Orchard Intersection, Millsboro, 302-945-7022. Native American library and artifacts. Open Tuesday-Saturday from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.; closed Sunday and Monday.
- Overfall Maritime Museum, in historic Lewes on the Lewes & Rehoboth Canal just north of the Savannah Road Bridge, 302-645-4733. Guided tours available Friday-Sunday, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Sightseeing Enjoy a narrated tour of the beautiful resort community! Various options are available to "see" the area…on foot, by boat, by bus, or by trolley. Opportunities are offered by the following businesses: Jolly Trolley and Fisherman's Wharf.
- Theaters Rehoboth Mall Cinema, 4493 Highway One, Rehoboth Mall, 302-644-8840; The Movies at Midway, 29 Midway Shopping Center, Route One, 302-645-0200, Milton Theatre, 108/110 Union Street, Milton, 302-684-3400.
- Airplane Rides See the Cape as you've never seen it before. Call Rob Patterson - B.Sci, CFI - FAR PT-135 Certified, at 302-856-3214. American Aerospace - Lewes (Delaware).
- Attractions Area attractions include: Mile Long Boardwalk, Water & Nature Cruises, Parks, Dolphin and Whale Watching (Fisherman's Wharf), Ferry Ride & Crossing (Cape May-Lewes Ferry), Shuttle Tours (Jolly Trolley of Rehoboth Beach).
- Band Concerts Concerts and other musical events are held during the summer season at the Bandstand on Rehoboth Ave. Band concerts begin at 8PM. For additional information about events at this location, call 302-227-6181.
- Biking There are many opportunities for cycling in the Rehoboth Beach/Dewey Beach area. Bicycles can be rented for the family to enjoy a pleasant outing through the streets of Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach and the surrounding area. From May 15 to September 15, riding on the Boardwalk may be done between 5AM and 10AM only. For additional information call 302-227-6181 or 302-227-2233.
- Dolphin Watching During late July through early October. Dolphins can often be spotted just off-shore along the coast. Close encounters can be arranged through Nature Cruises. Also contact Love Knots II at 302-249-3538.
- Fishing Surf and deep sea fishing along the East Coast. Fishing is also excellent in the Indian River Inlet area, Rehoboth Bay and Delaware Bay.
- Golf Golf in Southern Delaware is abundant with 12 public golf courses and a number of private courses. Par-3 golf is available at Midway Par 3 Golf Course and Driving Range.
- Horseback Riding Contact Cape Henlopen State Park at 645-8983 (off season only; must bring your own horse) or Delaware Seashore State Park at 302-227-2800.
- Marina Facilities Fisherman's Wharf, 302-645-8862, Rehoboth Bay Marina, 302-226-2012, Indian River Marina at Del. Seashore State Park, 302-227-3071.
- Sailing For rentals and school call the Rehoboth Bay Sailing Association at 302-227-9008. Also contact Love Knots II at 302-249-3538.
- Surfing Surfboard riding is available on the Atlantic Ocean near Indian River Inlet on Route One, south of Dewey Beach. Surfing lessons are available from Rehoboth Beach's Boarding School, 302-270-8103, .
- Swimming Ocean swimming can be found anywhere along our 30 miles of Delaware beaches. You will find patrolled beaches for your protection in Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Cape Henlopen State Park, Bethany Beach and portions of Delaware State Park.
- Walking The First State Webfooters, year round walking event (YRE) is held from January 15 through December 15. The starting point for the walk is the Atlantic Sands Hotel on the Boardwalk. For information call 302-945-2020 or 302-697-1191.
- Weddings Clerk of Peace, Sussex County, Delaware: 302-855-7834. For permission to have a beach wedding contact the local municipality (City of Rehoboth at 302-227-6181 or Town of Dewey Beach at 302-227-6363).
- Antiques More than 100 Antique stores throughout Sussex County.
- Shopping Enjoy both small town unique specialty shopping, factory outlets and malls. Shopping areas are located in downtown Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach, and along Route One. All purchases in Delaware are TAX FREE. Be sure to look for the Chamber of Commerce emblem on store windows.
This quaint beach town offers a variety of eateries to accommodate a wide range of tastes and budgets.
- Grotto Pizza, . A modestly-priced pizzeria chain with a local feel and three locations on the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk.
- Espuma restaurant, located just two blocks from the beach, . Serves up eclectic cuisine while maintaining a comfortable, beach-inspired atmosphere.
- Royal Treat, 4 Wilmington Ave. Offers old-fashioned breakfast (think: scrambled eggs) at relatively cheap prices and is cash-only. Royal Treat is closed October to March and also serves up ice cream.
- Futty Dutty's, 7 S. 1st Street, 302-227-1884. For a sweeter breakfast this definitely has "the best buns on the beach". The small, informal bakery is known for it's friendly service and incredible homemade baked goods, and should definitely be put on your "to-visit" list. Not only do they bake fresh pastries like croissants and muffins daily, they also serve iced coffee drinks and smoothies, along with several flavors of hot coffee.
- Victoria's Restaurant, Boardwalk and Olive Avenue, ☎ +1 302-227-0615. Located inside the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel, serves (slightly pricey) breakfast daily and weekend brunch. By putting their own, exciting twist on classic favorites, Victoria's has come up with delicacies like Raspberry Swirl French Toast and a Cinnamon Apple Crepe. Reservations for brunch are recommended.
- Cafe Sole. Daily for dinner in the summertime and Wednesday through Sunday during the off-season.. For outdoor dining, Cafe Sole- "where it's always a sunny day"- creates a comfortable atmosphere, inside and out. Lunch is served daily from 11AM-3AM and consists of a variety of small plates (like their Roasted Garlic Hummus with Pita), sandwiches (Tomato and Mozzarella = mmm) , and inventive vacation cuisine (Jumbo Lump Crab Cake). Save room for desserts like key lime pie and bread pudding.
- Nassau Vineyards, 36 Nassau Commons, Lewes, 302-645-9463. Orchards, Winery, Picnic Tables. Bring your lunch and have a glass of wine. Open Tu-Sa 11AM-5PM, Su Noon-5PM, Closed Mo.
- Dogfish Head Brewery and Eats, 320 Rehoboth Avenue, . A microbrewery/distillery with fun, out-of-the-ordinary beers, spirits, and food. From "Ginger Peach Wheat" beer to wood-grilled pizzas, Dogfish Head promises a great time. To get a behind-the-scenes look at how they brew their beer, DFH invites guests to take a free tour every Wednesday at 5PM.
- Hotel Rehoboth (Hotel Rehoboth), 247 Rehoboth Avenue, ☎ 877-247-7376, . checkin: 3 pm; checkout: 11 am. Hotel Rehoboth offers unmatched luxury and comfort in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware from our elegant lobby entrance to our luxurious guest rooms. Hotel Rehoboth opened in March 2008 as Rehoboth Beach's first luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Within walking distance to all in-town Rehoboth Beach attractions, beach/ocean and Rehoboth Beach boardwalk.
- The Bellmoor, 6 Christian Street, Rehoboth Beach, Toll Free: 800-425-2355, . A fine Rehoboth Beach Hotel Spa & Conference Center offering all resort amenities in the heart of Rehoboth's beachside community.
- Oceanus Motel, 6 Second Street Toll Free: 800.852.5011, . Access to both Rehoboth and Dewey Beach, Delaware, Oceanus Motel offers families affordable vacation lodging accommodations. All dining, shopping, water activities, sailing, fishing, jet skiing & windsurfing are nearby.
- The Bay Resort, Bellevue Street on the Bay, Dewey Beach, Delaware, ☎ 1.800.922.9240, . Ideal family friendly resort offering poolside or bay front rooms. We offer a variety of family and golf packages. Kids 11 and younger stay free. Nearby attractions include Cape Henlopen State Park, Delaware Seashore State Park, Indian River Inlet, Nassau Vineyards, Cape May-Lewes Ferry, Dover Downs Nascar Races.
WikiPedia:Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!