Rehoboth Beach is a city in Delaware.
Rehoboth is easily accessible from Delaware Route 1 from most points to the north such as Philadelphia and Wilmington.
- DC2NY, , ☎ +1 202-332-2691. operates weekend service to to/from Washington, D.C. ($39) in the summer.
- Delaware Area Resort Transit  Route 305 operates in the summer to/from Wilmington and Dover.
- Jolly Trolley  operates between Dewey Beach and Rehoboth Beach. Fares are $2.50 each way and the trolley operates from 8:00 AM to 2;00 AM.
It is not advised to travel around Rehoboth by car. Park the car when you get here and don't use it again until you leave.
There are several bike rental shops, and bike racks are ubiquitous. There are no bike lanes, however.
From May 15 to September 15, riding on the Boardwalk may be done between 5AM and 10AM only.
- Lewes Historical Society Complex at Shipcarpenter St. and West Third. Restored buildings and country store. Marine Museum next to Post Office. Walking tour of historic homes. Call Lewes Chamber of Commerce at 302-645-8073.
- Nanticoke Indian Museum at Routes 24 and 5, Oak Orchard Intersection, Millsboro, 302-945-7022. Native American library and artifacts. Open Tu-Sa from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.; closed Sunday and Monday.
- Overfall Maritime Museum, in historic Lewes on the Lewes & Rehoboth Canal just north of the Savannah Road Bridge, 302-645-4733. Guided tours available F-Su, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Sightseeing Enjoy a narrated tour of the beautiful resort community! Various options are available to "see" the area…on foot, by boat, by bus, or by trolley. Opportunities are offered by the following businesses: Jolly Trolley and Fisherman's Wharf.
- Indian River Life Saving Station, 25039 Coastal Highway, (302) 227-6991. Excellent museum operated by the state park system with life saving station meticulously restored to its 1905 appearance. Approximately one mile north of the Indian River Inlet bridge.
Cape May-Lewes Ferry
Dolphin and Whale Watching
During late July through early October. Dolphins can often be spotted just off-shore along the coast. Close encounters can be arranged through . Also contact at 302-249-3538.
Water & Nature Cruises
- Bandstand on Rehoboth Ave. Band concerts begin at 8PM. For additional information about events at this location, call 302-227-6181.
Surf and deep sea fishing along the East Coast. Fishing is also excellent in the Indian River Inlet area, Rehoboth Bay and Delaware Bay.
Golf in Southern Delaware is abundant with 12 public golf courses and a number of private courses. Par-3 golf is available at Midway Par 3 Golf Course and Driving Range.
Contact Cape Henlopen State Park at 645-8983 (off season only; must bring your own horse) or Delaware Seashore State Park at 302-227-2800.
- Fisherman's Wharf, 302-645-8862
- Rehoboth Bay Marina, 302-226-2012
- Indian River Marina at Del. Seashore State Park, 302-227-3071.
- The Movies at Midway, 29 Midway Shopping Center, Route One, 302-645-0200, Milton Theatre, 108/110 Union Street, Milton, 302-684-3400.
For rentals and school call the Rehoboth Bay Sailing Association at 302-227-9008. Also contact Love Knots II at 302-249-3538.
- Kindred Spirit Sailing Charters, Rehoboth Bay Marina (Dewey Beach), ☎ 267.377.7724, . by appt.. Private day and sunset sailing charter aboard the 26' sailboat Kindred Spirit. Small groups of 1-4 persons. Sailing instruction or just cruising.
Surfboard riding is available on the Atlantic Ocean near Indian River Inlet on Route One, south of Dewey Beach. Surfing lessons are available from Rehoboth Beach's Boarding School, 302-270-8103, .
Ocean swimming can be found anywhere along our 30 miles of Delaware beaches. You will find patrolled beaches for your protection in Rehoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Cape Henlopen State Park, Bethany Beach and portions of Delaware State Park.
The First State Webfooters, year round walking event (YRE) is held from January 15 through December 15. The starting point for the walk is the Atlantic Sands Hotel on the Boardwalk. For information call 302-945-2020 or 302-697-1191.
Weddings and Civil Unions
Clerk of Peace, Sussex County, Delaware: 302-855-7834. For permission to have a beach wedding or civil union, contact the local municipality (City of Rehoboth at 302-227-6181 or Town of Dewey Beach at 302-227-6363).
- Bonkersville Play & Party Place, 17601 Coastal HWY Unit 1 (Five Pointe Plaza (across from Lowes)), ☎ 302-645-8774, . Indoor inflatable play place for kids. The beach's newest family fun attraction. Bonkersville, where your kids can go bonkers, so you don't.
- Antiques More than 100 Antique stores throughout Sussex County.
- Shopping Enjoy both small town unique specialty shopping, factory outlets and malls. Shopping areas are located in downtown Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach, and along Route One. All purchases in Delaware are TAX FREE. Be sure to look for the Chamber of Commerce emblem on store windows.
- Gifts of Serenity, 42 Rehoboth Ave (round the corner from Grotto on the Ave), ☎ 302-226-3691, . Distinguished gifts for body, soul and spirit. Featuring Trapp and Yankee candle as well as Crabtree & Evelyn. Do not forget the ever so fun and whimsical peace frogs.
This quaint beach town offers a variety of eateries to accommodate a wide range of tastes and budgets.
- Grotto Pizza, . A modestly-priced pizzeria chain with a local feel and three locations on the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk.
- Espuma restaurant, located just two blocks from the beach, . Serves up eclectic cuisine while maintaining a comfortable, beach-inspired atmosphere.
- Royal Treat, 4 Wilmington Ave. Offers old-fashioned breakfast (think: scrambled eggs) at relatively cheap prices and is cash-only. Royal Treat is closed October to March and also serves up ice cream.
- Futty Dutty's, 7 S. 1st Street, 302-227-1884. For a sweeter breakfast this definitely has "the best buns on the beach". The small, informal bakery is known for its friendly service and incredible homemade baked goods, and should definitely be put on your "to-visit" list. Not only do they bake fresh pastries like croissants and muffins daily, they also serve iced coffee drinks and smoothies, along with several flavors of hot coffee.
- Victoria's Restaurant, Boardwalk and Olive Avenue, ☎ +1 302-227-0615. Located inside the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel, serves (slightly pricey) breakfast daily and weekend brunch. By putting their own, exciting twist on classic favorites, Victoria's has come up with delicacies like Raspberry Swirl French Toast and a Cinnamon Apple Crepe. Reservations for brunch are recommended.
- Cafe Sole. Daily for dinner in the summertime and W-Su during the off-season.. For outdoor dining, Cafe Sole- "where it's always a sunny day"- creates a comfortable atmosphere, inside and out. Lunch is served daily from 11AM-3AM and consists of a variety of small plates (like their Roasted Garlic Hummus with Pita), sandwiches (Tomato and Mozzarella = mmm) , and inventive vacation cuisine (Jumbo Lump Crab Cake). Save room for desserts like key lime pie and bread pudding.
- Double Dippers, 11 N First St, ☎ 302-226-1374. Old-fashioned ice cream parlor. Over 40 flavors of Hersheys ice cream. Soft serve as well. Shakes, malts, floats, old-fashioned sodas, sundaes and banana splits. Huge scoops and friendly sit down service.
- Go Fish, 24 Rehoboth Ave, ☎ +1 302 226-1044, . 11:30AM-8PM daily. It's a small, slightly cramped little place, and the prices are a little high, but the fish and chips are absolutely spot on, they have good ales on tap, friendly and efficient service, plus they are right around the corner from the heart of the boardwalk. The fried sausages (made by some British expat in town exclusively for the restaurant) are a real treat, as is the sticky toffee pudding. $11-24.
- Nassau Vineyards, 36 Nassau Commons, Lewes, 302-645-9463. Orchards, Winery, Picnic Tables. Bring your lunch and have a glass of wine. Open Tu-Sa 11AM-5PM, Su Noon-5PM, Closed Mo.
- Dogfish Head Brewery and Eats, 320 Rehoboth Ave, ☎ +1 302 226-2739, . M-Th,Su noon-11PM, F-Sa noon-1AM. A craft brewery/distillery with fun, out-of-the-ordinary beers, spirits, and food. From "Ginger Peach Wheat" beer to wood-grilled pizzas, to the stacked indulgence burger, you are guaranteed a pretty decadent meal. Service is pretty unimpressive, but in fairness, it is a big noisy place and they still get the job done efficiently. To get a behind-the-scenes look at how they brew their beer, DFH invites guests to take a free tour every Wednesday at 5PM. Outdoor seating available. Prices are really a steal. Food: $7-15.
- Hotel Rehoboth (Hotel Rehoboth), 247 Rehoboth Avenue, ☎ 877-247-7376, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Opened in March 2008 as Rehoboth Beach's first boutique hotelWithin walking distance to all in-town attractions, beach/ocean and boardwalk.
- The Henlopen Hotel, 511 North Boardwalk, Rehoboth Beach, Toll Free: 800-441-8450, . Mid-range hotel right on the beach.
- Boardwalk Plaza Hotel, 2 Olive Avenue Boardwalk, Rehoboth Beach, Toll Free: 800-33-BEACH, . Antique Victorian-themed hotel right on the boardwalk.
- The Bellmoor, 6 Christian Street, Rehoboth Beach, Toll Free: 800-425-2355, . A fine Rehoboth Beach Hotel Spa & Conference Center offering all resort amenities in the heart of Rehoboth's beachside community.
- Oceanus Motel, 6 Second Street Toll Free: 800.852.5011, . Access to both Rehoboth and Dewey Beach, Delaware, Oceanus Motel offers families affordable vacation lodging accommodations. All dining, shopping, water activities, sailing, fishing, jet skiing & windsurfing are nearby.
- Atlantis Inn, 154 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 (located inbetween 1st and 2nd Street on Rehoboth Avenue), ☎ 800-245-2112, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. In the heart of downtown Rehoboth Beach, 1.5 blocks from the beach and boardwalk. Deluxe accommodations, suites and efficiencies with sleeping arrangements up to six people per room. Rooms feature a refrigerator and microwave, or a full kitchen. Your room also includes free wireless internet access, parking, and outdoor pool and large sundeck overlooking Rehoboth Avenue. $69-299. (38.716059,-75.080586)
- Holiday Inn Express (Holiday Inn Rehoboth Beach Hotel), 19953 Shuttle Road, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 (On Route 1 adjacent to Rehoboth Avenue), ☎ 302-227-4030, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Beautifully renovated in 2009, 81-room resort property in the heart of Rehoboth Beach, next to Tanger Outlets. Free amenities include hot breakfast buffet, wireless internet access (wifi), fitness room, outdoor swimming pool and parking. Rooms feature a refrigerator, microwave and wet barsink to name a few. $69-279. (38.712615,75.108282)
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!
WikiPedia:Rehoboth Beach, Delaware