Redondo Beach  is in the South Bay of Los Angeles County in California.
- Redondo Beach Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau, 200 N. Pacific Coast Highway, (310) 376-6911. An ideal Southern California vacation spot, Redondo has something for everyone: unique shops and restaurants, sport fishing and a great seafront esplanade. *California Vacations
Nine miles from Los Angles International Airport.
Take PCH (US-1, Pacific Coast Highway) South, through El Segundo, Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach.
What a great use for nn old missile site! The park used to be a Nike radar site during the Cold War. It was the IFC (Integrated Flight Control) radar site for Nike-Ajax LA-57, one of sixteen Nike sites that formed a protective ring around Los Angeles from the 1950s to the 1970s.
Now it is home to ducks, turtles, rabbits and other small creatures. Some finding they way there, others abandoned. The kiddos will love it, and there are picnic areas scatterred around the park -- some near the two ponds.
Redondo's King Harbor has many restaurants, a boardwalk with shops and an arcade, and a large pier with great views.
Several miles further south is Riviera Village, a charming little shopping and eating district. As property values have soared in the area, the Village has "Yuppified", but retains its small seaside feel.
A drive further south along Esplanade offers great ocean views and access to a superb stretch of beach.
- Cheesecake Factory
- Joe's Crab Shack
- Rinaldi's: An Italian deli that makes you think twice about what goes into the perfect sandwich. There are so many options that it may lead to an obsessive urge to include everything. If you can't decide on one after five minutes then just ask for the "Shack Attack."
- La Salsa
- Chez Melange
- Chicago Rios
- Mexican Riviera
- Good Stuff
- Captain Kidd's Fish Market
- El Torrito: An awesome Mexican restaurant located on the Redondo Beach Pier. This restaurant not only offers great drinks and food, but also has a fantastic ocean view by most seats.
- Rice Things
- Tony's Fish Market - on Redondo Pier - this is a classic restaurant with amazing seafood (try the salmon chowder & any salad with the "house" dressing) and a spectacular view (you're literally sitting right over the ocean.) It's dark, great for dates, and their "firehouse" mai tai lives up to it's name, created by Tony himself back in the 50's. You get to keep the custom glass it's served in. There is also a nice lounge area with some great piano entertainment. The "old world" ambiance is the best.
Old Tony's - The original "Tony's" with the same great food & drinks. The atmosphere is a little more casual and not as quiet as Tony's Fish Market...ascend up the spiral staircase and gaze at the signed portaits of stars who have visited - then you have arrived at the Top o' Tony's - the unique hexagon bar - a fun place to watch the sunset and listen to some great guitar.
- Bull Pen
- H.T. Grill
- Redondo Beach Brewing Company
- Ortega 120: Dangerously good 120 margarita makes a good starter for the night
- Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn, 2740 Artesia Boulevard, +1 310 370-4353, Toll-free: +1 800 233-8059, Fax: +1 310 793-7135, . Is within walking distance to Los Angeles shopping, dining and entertainment centers, including the famous South Bay Galleria Mall.
- Best Western Redondo Beach Inn, 1850 S Pacific Coast Highway, +1 310 540-3700, Fax: +1 310 540-3675, .
- Best Western Sunrise at Redondo Beach Marina, 400 N Harbor Drive, +1 310 376-0746, Toll-free: +1 800 334-7384, Fax: +1 310 376-7384, .
- Crowne Plaza Hotel, 300 N. Harbor Dr, +1 310 318-8888, .
- The Portofino Hotel and Yacht Club, 260 Portofino Way, Redondo Beach hotel located directly on the Pacific Ocean offering waterfront lodging accommodations including luxury suites and hotel rooms. 8,000 square feet of meeting facilities, banquet space, and a freestanding meeting pavilion.
Only minutes away are Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, South Bay and the city of Torrance. Palos Verdes Drive West begins at the South end of Redondo and is a lovely scenic drive (about 10 miles long) along the Coast and through the beautiful Palos Verdes residential neighborhoods.