Red Wing is a beautiful little town in Minnesota, set among the bluffs along the Mississippi River, about 50 miles southeast of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Red Wing is the home of Red Wing Shoes and the Red Wing Pottery. In the 1870s, Red Wing was the number one wheat port in the world. The population is comprised of many people of German and Scandinavian origin. The original pottery closed in 1967, and the building is now an outlet mall. There is a new Red Wing Pottery at the extreme west end of town, still making wonderful f pottery.
Located on the banks of the Mississippi, Red Wing is known for its wooded bluffs and neighborhoods that nestle into the valleys between the bluffs. Most prominent of the bluffs is Barn Bluff, which rises steeply above downtown and the river. Sorin's bluff offers commanding views of the town and the river. Other bluffs rise throughout the city, adding scenic variety.
Red Wing has a number of parks and two golf courses. Colvill, Bay Point and Levee parks are on the river bank. Colvill park, near the east (downstream) end of town, is home to the city's water park and is a popular picnic destination. Bay Point park, near downtown, the Pottery district, and marinas, is also a popular picnic destination. Levee park lies along the downtown riverfront, across the tracks from the railroad depot. Memorial Park covers most of Sorin's bluff and offers road access, scenic overlooks and hiking. Barn Bluff is also city parkland and offers hiking trails to the summit. It is also a popular rock climbing destination. Several other parks are also scattered around town.
The harbor in Red Wing is spectacular, and includes the Boathouse Marina. Red Wing has one of the few bridges south of the Twin Cities connecting Minnesota with Wisconsin (the others are in Hastings, Wabasha, Winona, Dresbach and La Crescent). The town is largely a tourist town now, and it offers considerable charms. There are also many beautiful and historic homes in Red Wing, including an octagon house on 3rd Street, which is also a bed & breakfast.
From the Twin Cities, follow US Highway 61 south into Red Wing.
Amtrak, . Amtrak's Empire Builder service, which runs between Chicago and Seattle/Portland, stops in Red Wing. The train station is located at 420 Levee Street.
- Sunsets from Sorin's Bluff. You can see some unbelievably peaceful sunsets from the top of Sorin's Bluff, and many locals go up there every evening to watch it. It's an absolute don't miss if you're there. If you don't know where Memorial Drive is, which leads to the top of Sorin's Bluff, ask. It's unlikely you'll find the road by yourself. Scenes from the movie "Grumpy Old Men" were filmed here.
- The Goodhue County Historical Society, . Located on College Hill.
- The Boathouse Marina
- T. B. Sheldon Auditorium Theater . Believed to be the nation's oldest municipally-owned theater, built in 1904 and restored in 1986, presents live performances by local and touring groups and artists.
- Levee Park
- The Historic Pottery District
- The St. James Hotel
- Red Wing Farmers Market, at Red Wing Train Depot, . The Summer Market opens June 2 and runs through October 15 every Saturday 8 till 2pm. Local musicians, activities for kids, craft demonstrations, master gardeners at your service. edit
- Climb Barn's Bluff. For the athletically inclined, Barn Bluff, which overlooks the town, can be accessed by foot.
- Mississippi National Golf Links. Those looking for a golf game should visit this scenic 36 hole course.
- Treasure Island Casino  Located in Welch, MN 5734 Sturgeon Lake Road Welch, MN 55089 800.222.7077
- Ride a bike on the paved 19.7 mile Cannon Valley Trail. 
- Red Wing Framing Gallery - 312 West Avenue, Red Wing, MN 55066, (651) 385-0500 is a unique custom framing, fine-art printing and original art gallery located on the park mall in the heart of downtown Red Wing. Past exhibits have included Max Becherer, a NY Times photojournalist featuring life in Iraq, an original pin-up and illustration art exhibit (Brown & Bigelow) and original advertising art from the Cream of Wheat Company. The gallery is a featured contractor on the PBS television show "HomeTime". 
- The Candlelight Inn Bed & Breakfast, 818 West Third Street, ☎ 1-800-254-9194, . Offers elegant Victorian accommodations, culinary delights and peaceful surroundings that set the stage for a relaxing getaway. $119 - $229. edit
- Moondance Inn, 1105 West 4th St, ☎ +1-866-388-8145, . Within walking distance of downtown. edit
- Round Barn Farm Bed and Breakfast, 28650 Wildwood Ln, ☎ +1-651-385-9250, . Country inn located near Pepin Lake. edit
Wikipedia:Red Wing, Minnesota