Red Hook is the name of both a village  and a township  in Dutchess County New York. The town encompasses the villages of Red Hook and Tivoli, as well as the hamlets of Annandale-on-Hudson, Barrytown, and Upper Red Hook. Red Hook Area Chamber of Commerce  provides additional tourist information, and it is not to be confused with Red Hook, Brooklyn. This Hudson River town offers spectacular fall foliage and has farmers' markets and apple orchards where you can pick your own fruits and vegetables.
The Taconic State Parkway runs through the center of the county and connects Albany and the I90 east-west portion of the Thruway system to New York City via the Saw Mill River and the Henry Hudson Parkways.
- Stewart International Airport, 1180 First Street, New Windsor, ☎ (845) 564-2100. This is the closest major airport, and is across the river from Beacon. Currently, it offers few direct flights to major destinations.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- Albany International Airport, 737 Albany-Shaker Rd, Albany.
- Metro-North Railroad. There is service between New York City's Grand Central Terminal and Beacon, New Hamburg, and Poughkeepsie.
- Amtrak. Runs on the Hudson River side of the county. Long distance connections are available at Metro-North's Poughkeepsie station. Rail service from Rhinecliff station to New York City's Penn Station and other points.
- Town Taxi-Red Hook Rhinebeck/Country Cab, 8 Chestnut Street, ☎ (845) 785-1010.
- Red Hook- Rhinebeck- Tivoli Taxi Service, ☎ (845) 758-1478, . 5am to 12 midnight. A local taxi service serving the northern dutchess ny area. We also handle airport transportation to all of the major airports. We have regular taxis and town cars. We also have 14 passenger vans.
- Northeast Transport Service Ambulette & Limousine, 54 Elizabeth Street, ☎ (845) 758-5050.
- Taxi Cabs, ☎ (845) 876-6600.
- Tony's Taxi Limo, 30 Lehmann Lane, ☎ (845) 677-5560.
- The Museum at Bethel Woods, 200 Hurd Road, Bethel, NY, ☎ 1-866-781-2922, .
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum, 4079 Albany Post Road Hyde Park, NY, ☎ (845) 486-7770, .
- Bard College, 30 Campus Road Annandale-on-Hudson, NY, ☎ (845) 758-6822, .
- Alison Wines & Vineyards, 231 Pitcher Lane, +1 845 758-6335 . Tours and tastings from mid-April through December, Sa-Su 11AM-5PM. Views of the Catskill Mountains.
- Pick your own fruit and and vegetables at Mead Orchards, 15 Scism Rd, Tivoli, +1 845 756-5641, . Seasonal: August through October, 10AM-5:30PM, weekends and Monday holidays.
- Greig Farm, 223 Pitcher Lane (TACONIC STATE PARKWAY: to exit 199/Red Hook/Pine Plains go West on Route 199 for 8 miles to the traffic light in the village of Red Hook (2nd light). Turn right on to Route 9 North for 3 miles, then left onto Pitcher Lane.), ☎ (845) 758-1234, . 9:00 am - 6:00 pm seven days a week.. Pick your own fruits and vegetables at this local farm market, open 9:00 am to 6:00 pm seven days a week.
- Poet's Walk Park, scenic River Road (Crossing Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge from west to east, turn left at first traffic light onto River Road. Entrance is 0.6 miles on left.), ☎ (845) 473-4440, . A romantic landscape intended to celebrate the connection between landscape and poetry.
- Tousey Winery, 1774 Rt 9, Germantown, ☎ (518) 567-5462, .
- Montgomery Place, River Road, Annandale-on-Hudson. A national historic estate in the Hudson Valley.
- Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome, 9 Norton Road, ☎ (845) 752-3200, . A volunteer run, not-for-profit aerodrome, museum, antique air show, and provider of biplane rides.
- Mid-Hudson Children's Museum, 75 North Water Street Poughkeepsie, NY, ☎ (845) 471-0589, .
- Richard B. Fisher Center for the Performing Arts, 60 Manor Avenue Annandale-on-Hudson, NY, ☎ (845) 758-7900, . World class opera, music, theater, and dance. Tickets can be purchased online at https://maxtix.bard.edu/scripts/max/7000/maxweb.exe?ACTION=ORDER
- Red Hook Recreational Park, 7340 South Broadway, ☎ (845) 758-4625. 7:00 am - 10:00 pm. A town recreational park open to the public. Offers amenities such as a pool, tennis courts, a roller hockey rink, a skateboard park, a basketball court, baseball/softball fields, jungle gyms, and a pavilion that can be rented out.
- Santa Fe, 52 Broadway, Tivoli, +1 845 757-4100, . Exceptionally popular Mexican with emphasis on fresh produce and bold flavors.
- Flatiron Steakhouse, 7488 South Broadway (From the Taconic Parkway North: Take Red Hook/Pine Plains exit. Make left onto Rt. 199. Follow for 7 miles and make a left on South Broadway.), ☎ 845-758-8260, . 5:30 - 9:30 pm Wednesday - Thursday 5:00 - 10:30 pm Friday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:30 pm Sunday Brunch 5:00 - 9:00 pm Sunday Dinner. All vegetables, ground beef, and lamb come from local farms. Flatiron Steakhouse also supports local breweries and small production wines and liquors. Everything is made in house, including the breads and desserts. Burgers, seafood, steaks, soups, salads.
- Mercato, 61 East Market Street (From the Taconic (North or South): Take exit for Rhinebeck/Red Hook Route 199. Go West on 199 (left if you’re coming from the south, right from the north). Follow route 199. Go through one stop light and bear right to stay on 199. Mercato is on the right.), ☎ 845-758-5879, . Wednesday – Thursday 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Friday- Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Sunday 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Italian cuisine. Wine bar.
- Max's Memphis BBQ, 736 South Broadway, ☎ (845) 758-6297, . Tuesday - Sunday 5-10 p.m. Family style BBQ restaurant serving burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc. $5-$25.
- Lucy's Tacos Inc., 8 East Market Street, ☎ (845) 758-8055. Casual restaurant serving Mexican cuisine.
- Charlie O’s Bar & Grill, 23 East Market Street, ☎ (845) 758-2119, . Monday 11:30 am to 10:00 pm, Tuesday Closed, Wednesday 11:30 am to 10:00 pm, Thursday 11:30 am to 10:00 pm, Friday 11:30 am to 10:00 pm, Saturday 11:30 am to 10:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Casual restaurant, specialize in wings - Wing Night Wednesday 50¢ wings all night on Wednesdays $4-$17.
- Rusty's Farm Fresh Eatery, 5 Old Farm Road, ☎ (845) 758-8000, . Sunday-Thursday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 11:00 am - 9:00 pm. Serves local, organic foods such as salads, wraps, paninis, burgers, subs, and smoothies $4.50-$7.99.
- Holy Cow Ice Cream, 7270 South Broadway, ☎ (845) 758-5959.
- Taste Budd's Chocolate and Coffee Cafe, 40 West Market Street, ☎ 845-758-6500, .
- The Red Hook Country Inn, 7460 South Broadway, ☎ (845) 758-8445, . Bed and Breakfast located just outside the Hudson Valley.
- Gaslight Inn, 8049 Albany Post Road, ☎ (845) 758-1571, . Relax with views of the Catskill Mountains in the backdrop of the Hudson Valley landscape.
- Hearthstone Motel, 7958 Albany Post Road, ☎ (845) 758-1811, .
- The Grand Dutchess Bed and Breakfast, 7571 Old Post Rd, ☎ (845) 758-5818, .