|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
| || |
* Eastern Outdoors
Rooms are available at Eastern Outdoors |+|
| || |
Latest revision as of 04:01, 15 December 2010
Ramea is a small island village in Southern Newfoundland, with a population of 618. In 2004, Ramea was chosen as a wind-diesel generation project.
Ramea is accessible via the Provincial Ferry Service, from either Burgeo or Grey River.
The Ferry from Burgeo to Ramea is capable of carrying vehicles, and there are roads in Ramea for cars. The relatively small size (1.89 km2) of the town, however, means that any destination is within walking distance.
- Operational wind-diesel generation plant
- Northwest Head Lighthouse, one of the last remaining manned lighthouses in Canada
- Several hiking paths can be found, including one that takes hikers on a circuit around the island
- Eastern Outdoors provides guided tours of the island, including kayak tours
- Food and amenities can be purchased from general stores
- Food and drinks, including beer, can be bought at Eastern Outdoors
- Ramea Retreat (Eastern Outdoors), 2 Main St, ☎ +1 709 625-2522, . Dorms $30, private rooms $59, houses $189. edit