Qinhuangdao (秦皇岛; Qínhuángdǎo) is a city in Hebei province.
Qinhuangdao has three urban areas:
- Beidaihe: a seaside resort.
- Haigang District: the harbor area and considered Qinhuangdao proper.
- Shanhaiguan: the eastern end of the Great Wall.
It is a 3 hours journey from Beijing by train. There are express trains that can get to Beidaihe station in 2 hours, but is about double the price at ¥86.
- Pu Shi (樸石西餐厅), Taiyangcheng Zhengyang Street No. 39, ☎ 3252286, . 10:00 - 24:00. This is a favorite for pizza in the city. You can dine in, take out, or have it delivered straight to your door. The handmade crusts and ample toppings make this the best Chicago style pie in the city. The private rooms are classy and elegant. You will not be disappointed with the service and comfort. Watch a movie or a sports match on your own personal flat screen. If you do want some company, the piano bar is wonderful. You can curl up in the oversized, overstuffed furniture and take in the scene. This is the place to see and be seen in QHD. $$.
- Vietnam Youyou Cafe (越南悠悠咖啡), baojie) Sidaoqiao Nanxing 100m, ☎ 3034585 / 15133557977. 9:30 - 24:00. The Vietnamese owner makes this the only place to go in Qinhuangdao for Vietnamese fare. The décor is refined, the owner speaks English, the food tastes just like what you’ll find in Hanoi, and the live music is a hit. The menu is pleasantly inexpensive considering the posh surroundings and classy atmosphere. It’s a great choice for a night away from the masses. Private parties large and small are always welcomed. $$.
- Butterfly (蝴蝶时尚餐厅), Qinhuangdao Haigang District Kanglejie No. 1 (Renmin guangchang yingu xice), ☎ 3289777. 9:30 - 24:00. Located right next to People's Square, it sits in the heart of the entertainment district of the city. This is the place to go for quality cuts of meat and plump steaks. The prices are reasonable, and are on par with other western style steakhouses in China. The bar serves a full line of spirits and wines,and has a nice list of imported beers to choose from. A must visit for anyone who needs a "meat" fix. $$$.
- Haitianyise Hotel (海天一色度假村), Qinhuangdao Haigang District Dongshanjie No. 51, ☎ 3417799, . 9:00 - 21:00. Nestled among the rocks overlooking the ocean, this is the place to go for weekend brunch. The restaurant is connected to the Haitianyise Hotel and Seaside Resort. It’s a top pick among travelers and locals alike. The seafood buffet is always fresh and includes all the sides and drinks (including alcohol) that you care to consume. Enjoy your meal while watching the waves roll in. $$$.
- 2046 — disco
- N-Bar (嗯吧), Qinhuangdao Xinbaojie No.78. 13:00 - 4:00. N-Bar is a good place to go for an all nighter. Most nights the party starts late and goes until whenever the last of the last feel like heading home. Three spacious floors allow patrons to choose the atmosphere they like. The first floor is a traditional beer hall; the second floor has comfy lounge chairs and a massive projection screen showing films and games; the third floor has a free billiards table and private suites that you can curl up in to enjoy some alone time. $$.
- Gin & Tonic Bar (金汤力酒吧), Xinbaojie No. 50 (Bohai Mingzhu Xiaoqunance sidaoqiaoxixing 100 meters), ☎ 13102501912. 19:30 - 3:00. Gin & Tonic Bar is a top pick for nightlife in Qinhuangdao. Nightly DJ's pump out live music as patrons dance on the clubs multi-floor stages. Gin & Tonic features a rotation of DJ's from around China as well as their own in house DJ, DJ Paradise who is making a name for himself outside of Qinhuangdao. Nightly sets of hip-hop, electronica, R&B, and rap get mixed together to create a true nightclub destination. Gin & Tonic combines a state of the art lighting system with advanced sound technologies to make sure you feel like you're in the club. Monday's ladies night where ladies drink free; Thursday's showcase Gin & Tonic's in house mixologist DJ Paradise; and Sunday's are mixed rhythem nights where there is something for everyone. Gin & Tonic is growing a culture of entertainment and nightlife in Qinhuangdao that sets it apart from the typical drinking establishment. They understand the value in giving patrons access to different drinks and cocktails while not gouging them on price. Drink, dance, be merry, and enjoy the night. $$.
|Routes through Qinhuangdao