The Puget Sound is a region in Washington.
- Seattle is the major city in the region, indeed the state, and a major travel destination in its own right
- Seattle is located within King County and this article deals with Seattle's neighbors
- West of Seattle is the Kitsap Peninsula, the heart of the Puget Sound with miles and miles of shoreline
- In the North Sound Region are a group of islands, such as Camano Island and Whidbey Island, plus Everett and surrounding towns on the northern end of the Seattle metropolitan area,
- In the South Sound Region are major industrial cities like Tacoma, as well as the state capital at Olympia
- Tacoma — County capital of Pierce County
- Olympia — capital of Washington state and of Thurston County
- Ebey's Landing National Historical Reserve - Historical features of the reserve appear to today's visitors much as they did a century ago, when New England sea captains were drawn to Penn Cove
- Klondike Gold Rush - Seattle Unit National Historical Park - offers a glimpse at the stories of adventure and hardship of the gold rush
- Mount Rainier National Park - an active Cascade volcano encased in over 35 square miles of snow and glacial ice
- Big Four Ice Caves — caves carved in the year-round glaciers on the shadowed side of Big Four Mountains by streams of snowmelt
- Mt Pilchuck State Park — features a trail to the top of Mount Pilchuck (5324') and breathtaking views in all directions. Located some 35 miles north-east of Everett
- Quil Ceda Creek Casino — 6410 33rd ave NE, Tulalip WA (I-5, Exit 200)
- Tulalip Casino — 10200 Quil Ceda Blvd., Tulalip WA (I-5, Exit 200)
- Sunset Falls — some 25 miles east of I-5
- Wallace Falls State Park, 2 miles northeast of Gold Bar
- Wenberg State Park, on Lake Goodwin 18 miles northeast of Everett
Puget Sound is a sheltered arm of ocean between Seattle and the mainland of Washington State to the east and the Olympic Peninsula to the west. The southern boundary is marked by where the mainland and the Olympic Peninsula meet, near Tacoma. The northern boundary is marked by Admiralty Pass and the Strait of San Juan de Fuca. The San Juan Islands are, contrary to frequent belief, not in Puget Sound.
For our travel guide purposes, the Puget Sound region consists Puget Sound itself, the islands of Puget SOund, plus the mainland which forms the eastern boundary of Puget Sound. That is, it consists of Island, Snohomish, Kitsap, King, Pierce, and Thurston Counties.