Puerto Jimenez is in Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula and is the primary jumping off point for Corcovado National Park. The city itself is not the most attractive locale.
- Scarlet Mawcaws. This is a prime viewing spot.
- Swimming. People swim in the calm waters off Puerto Jimenez and there are some pretty beaches nearby.
- Sunset. You can't miss a sunset in Golfo Dulce. try sea kaking.
- Dolphins and whales. Golfo Dulce's warm water are the home of dolphins and many humpback whales give birth in here.
- Monkeys.In Puerto Jimenez you have the oportunity to see the 4 kinds that live in Costa Rica.
Puerto Jimenez is a small town but offers a lot of things to do:
- Sea kayaking Adventure in Puerto Jimenez, .
- Mangrove Forest Exploration.
- Bike trips.
- Bird watching.
- Jungle hikes.
- Paradise beaches.
- horse back riding.
- Dolphin observation trips.
- Il Giardino Italian Restaurant, (200 m north from Banco Nacional, 50 m west), ☎ ++ 506 2 735 51 29, . 5PM-10PM. Great Italian restaurant. Serves the most traditional Italian recipes and original creations of the Chef Giulio. Seafood is always a first choice. The end of week sushi is often present, depending by the availability of fresh tuna. Quiet ambiance, soft music, no TV. Budget menu 5,000C.
- Lapa's Nest TreeHouse, Near Puerto Jimenez Costa Rica Osa Peninsula, ☎ 508-237-0812, . Treehouse resort style rental wit private pool, hiking trails, 24/7 caretaker. On 120 acres with only three other homes. High above the Gulfo Dulce with both rainforest and ocean views. Sleeps six to eight in queen and king beds. Six levels 50 feet in the air wrapped around a giant guanacaste tree (the national symbol of Costa Rica). Totally furnished. $1,800 weekly.