Puerto Jimenez is in Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula and is the primary jumping off point for Corcovado National Park. The city itself is not the most attractive locale.
- Scarlet Mawcaws. This is a prime viewing spot.
- Swimming. People swim in the calm waters off Puerto Jimenez and there are some pretty beaches nearby.
- Sunset. You can't miss a sunset in Golfo Dulce. try sea kaking.
- Dolphins and whales. Golfo Dulce's warm water are the home of dolphins and many humpback whales give birth in here.
- Monkeys.In Puerto Jimenez you have the oportunity to see the 4 kinds that live in Costa Rica.
Puerto Jimenez is a small town but offers a lot of things to do:
- Sea kayaking Adventure in Puerto Jimenez, .
- Mangrove Forest Exploration.
- Bike trips.
- Bird watching.
- Jungle hikes.
- Paradise beaches.
- horse back riding.
- Dolphin observation trips.
- Il Giardino Italian Restaurant, (200 m north from Banco Nacional, 50 m west), ☎ ++ 506 2 735 51 29, . 5PM-10PM. Great Italian restaurant. Serves the most traditional Italian recipes and original creations of the Chef Giulio. Seafood is always a first choice. The end of week sushi is often present, depending by the availability of fresh tuna. Quiet ambiance, soft music, no TV. Budget menu 5,000C.