Puerto Jimenez is in Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula and is the primary jumping off point for Corcovado National Park. The city itself is not the most attractive locale.
- Scarlet Mawcaws. This is a prime viewing spot.
- Swimming. People swim in the calm waters off Puerto Jimenez and there are some pretty beaches nearby.
- Sunset. You can't miss a sunset in Golfo Dulce. try sea kaking.
- Dolphins and whales. Golfo Dulce's warm water are the home of dolphins and many humpback whales give birth in here.
- Monkeys.In Puerto Jimenez you have the oportunity to see the 4 kinds that live in Costa Rica.
Puerto Jimenez is a small town but offers a lot of things to do:
- Sea kayaking Adventure in Puerto Jimenez, .
- Mangrove Forest Exploration.
- Bike trips.
- Bird watching.
- Jungle hikes.
- Paradise beaches.
- horse back riding.
- Dolphin observation trips.
- Il Giardino Italian Restaurant (Puerto Jimenez Italian Restaurant), 200 m North from Banco nacional, 50 m West, ☎ ++ 506 2 735 51 29, . 17.00 - 22.00. As described in international web and book guides, by several customers,this is one of the best Italian restaurant of the Country, and by far the best in Puerto Jimenez, for the quality of the food served, that reflect the most traditional Italian recipes and for the Original Creations of the Chef Giulio. Prices start from Budget menu at 5.000C. and seafood is always a first choice. The end of week Sushi is often present, depending by the availability of fresh tuna. Quiet ambiance, soft music, no TV, and personalized service for a superior experience. $ 10-15.