Prestwick  is a town in Ayrshire, South West Scotland. It hosted the first ever Open Championship golf tournament is known as the only place in the UK ever visited by Elvis Presley.
Glasgow Prestwick International Airport  dominates the town, and was Scotland's primary airport in the early days of commercial aviation. While it has slipped down the pecking order in modern times, it is still an important hub for budget airlines, including Ryanair  and Wizz Air .
Both Prestwick Town and Prestwick Airport stations are served half-hourly by trains on the Glasgow Central to Ayr line.
Prestwick is located just off the M77/A77 Glasgow to Stranraer road and the A78 Ayrshire coastal road.
- Golf. Prestick has 3 golf courses. The best known, Prestwick Old Course , played host to the first 12 Open Championships, from 1860 to 1872. St Nicholas and St Cuthberts are the other two courses.
- Taj Tandoori, 141 Main Street, Prestwick, ☎ 01292 477318, . Family-run Indian restaurant, a fixture in the town since 1981
- Elliots, 132 Main Street, Prestwick, ☎ 01292 677677, . Award winning restaurant and bar in the heart of Prestwick
- Fairways Self Catering Cottages, 19 Links Road, Prestwick, . 3 cottages, each sleeping up to four. Conveniently located for the town and airport.
- Carbieston Lodge (Carbieston Lodge), Ayr, ☎ 0845 268 1553, . Small detached cottage set in stunning country, ideal for birdwatching £332.00. (55.45,-4.55)