Port Townsend is a city in the Olympic Peninsula region of Washington.
- Washington State Ferries, . There is a ferry connecting Port Townsend and Coupeville .
Everything is in a easy walking distance. When you don't feel like walking it is easy to catch a bus to anywhere in the town.
- Fort Worden State Park - Features beaches, many trails, and abandoned military bunkers.
- Manresa Castle - Located in Port Townsend, is on the National Historic Registry. Also one of the most haunted buildings in America.
In the summer, relax on the beaches at Fort Worden. (You can camp there too either on the beach or furter inland.)
See a movie at the Rose Theatre, which gets mostly indie films that only open in certain theatres.
See a movie at the Uptown Theatre.
In mid to late September Port Townsend has it's film festival where there's movies indoors and outdoors during the night. This is one of the biggest independent film festivals in the world.
Stroll around on the downtown strip, visiting the interesting shops.
Port Townsend also holds a Wooden Boat Festival also in September.
- The Broken Spoke, 835 Water Street, Port Townsend, WA 98368 (Downtown on the main street), ☎ 360-379-1295, . Rent a bicycle and pedal around town or on local trails! Many styles and sizes to choose from at The Broken Spoke bicycle shop.
- The Fountain Cafe. Great little place up the hill from the fountain with mostly organic foods.
- Waterfront Pizza, Water Street. The best pizza in town! Buy it by the slice or order a full pizza with all your favorites and dine upstairs in the funky atmosphere.
- Lanzas. located uptown has really great Italian food.
- Kuhu Larb. Really great Thai food, a favorite with the locals.
- Ichikawa, Water Street. Japanese cuisine from it's sister city.
- The Silverwater Cafe, Taylor Street. Great atmosphere and is known for their exceptional seafood dishes.
- Fins, Water Street (inside Flagship Landing). Possibly the best seafood in town, great view of the water and deck seating in the summer.
- The Public House, Water Street. A great family restaruant with an all around burger/seafood/linguini menu with a full bar.
- 1012 coffee bar, 1012 lawrence street port townsend wa (uptown). 7AM to 1PM. artisan espresso with a cozy local feeling
- The English Inn. Built in 1885, this is a historic place to stay.
|Routes through Port Townsend