Pleasanton is a city in the East Bay (Bay Area) lying across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco.
The Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) is a train service that travels from Pleasanton to the nearby areas of Stockton and San Jose.
There are two BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) stations within the city, Dublin/Pleasanton and West Dublin/Pleasanton. From the city BART lines travel to San Francisco, Pittsburg, Richmond and Fremont.
Bus services within Pleasanton are provided by WHEELS and runs between the Tri-Valley cities of Pleasanton, Dublin and Livermore.
Pleasanton, like most California cities, is very car friendly. Highway 680 runs through the west of the city and intersects with Highway 580, which borders the northern section of the city.
- Driving is not so hard in Pleasanton
- There are many places to park in Pleasanton
- Many transit companies exist for Pleasanton. The main bus is WHEELS, which goes to Dublin and Livermore also. The County Connection has a few buses in Pleasanton.
Pleasanton taxi cab companies are at it's peak with min fare starting from $3, majority of Taxi Cab Companies are in Business Since 1930.
there is also reverse peak service from here to Modesto
AM to Modesto and PM return to Dublin/Pleaston bart station
fare is $11 o.w $13 round trip (must be in the same day)
Every summer Pleasanton hosts the Alameda County fair.
- Good Guys Car Shows, Alameda County Fairgrounds, . Pleasanton is the home of the Alameda County Fairgrounds, which host numerous events. The Good Guys Rod and Custom Association holds 4 car shows (approximately quarterly, but bunched into the best weather of March through November) at the fairgrounds. Clubs and individuals show off their hot rods, muscle cars, and customs in the main showgrounds, while a growing area of parts and vehicles for sale is a blast to walk around and look for great deals. A must to see for car nuts. edit
- 3rd Thursdays Art Walk, Downtown Pleasanton (From 580: Exit Santa Rita, head south following signs to downtown. From 680: exit Bernal, head east following the signs to downtown.), ☎ +1-925-400-8190, . 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.. The 3rd Thursdays MerchantArts Walk is a collaborative event bringing together local downtown merchants, arts groups and area artists in an effort to continue adding interesting and lively events to Downtown Pleasanton. It's a nice walk, on a nice evening, and an opportunity to join the community, support local artists and help this community thrive. Free. edit
Pleasanton is home to many fine shopping areas. Stoneridge Mall is a large enclosed regional mall with Macy's, Nordstrom, Sears, and JC Penney. It is considered a favorite by locals. Downtown Pleasanton is loaded with unusual shops, antiques, and numerous quality restaurants. Pleasanton residents love to stroll its streets in the evening. Downtown has become an upscale destination and is safe for families with children. Rosewood Plaza is a neighborhood center with Long's Drugs, Levitz Furniture, and Macy's Home Store, among others. The city also features a Wal-Mart, Border's Books, Kohl's, and Home Depot.
- Watch Racehorses Training (Eddie Rich Racing Stable), Alameda County Fairgrounds (Gate 12), ☎ 209-839-9137, . Plan a morning & go behind the scenes to experience the exciting world of thoroughbred racing. Learn what it takes to get a thoroughbred racehorse ready for the races. Watch horses gallop & workout on the oldest active racecourse in America. Contact thoroughbred trainer, Eddie Rich at (209)839-9137 to schedule a morning. Free. edit
- Stoneridge Mall, . Stoneridge Mall is the local shopping mall and features Sephora,H&M,Lush,Forever 21,Sephora,Build A Bear Workshop,Lego,The Cheesecake Factory,PF Changs China Bistro,California Pizza Kitchen,Lulemon Athletica, Banana Republic and is anchored by Macy's Sears, JCPENNEY and Nordstrom edit
- Hap's Original, 122 West Neal Street. Just off Main Street, Hap's has an old school cocktail sign visible from the main drag. From there you might think it's an old watering hole until you walk up to the restaurant, and the upscale nature of the establishment becomes evident. This is an American Steak House, with fantastic steaks and somewhat pricey side dishes. Meals are ala carte. Stop in the bar for a Manhattan before dinner. Moderately Expensive. edit
- Kasper's, 4275 Rosewood Dr Ste 27, (925) 463-2617. Part of the Oakland based hot dog stand, theres the story behind it that the two brother got into a fight and they split up with one calling it Kaspers and the other calling it Caspers. Has very good hot dogs and is a Bay Area favorite for Hot Dogs.
- The Hop Yard Amercian Alehouse & Grill, 3015 Hopyard Road, ☎ (925) 426-9600, . Lots of beers on tap, mostly American Microbrews but including imports. Good food that is nothing to write home about (burgers, salads), but the beer is worth the trip. Outdoor seating fills up in the warmer months. Prices are very reasonable. edit
- Chicago's Metropolitan Deli, 6003 W. Las Positas Blvd., ☎ 925-462-1678, . Enjoy a delicious Italian Beef or any of the creative sandwiches this Chicago style eatery has to Offer. Famous not only for it's food, but also as the place leading thoroughbred jockey, Martin Garcia, once carved sandwiches. edit
- Courtyard Pleasanton, 5059 Hopyard Road, (925) 463-1414, Fax: (925) 463-0113, .
- Crowne Plaza Pleasanton Hotel, 11950 Dublin Canyon Rd., (925) 847-6000, .
- Motel 6, 5102 Hopyard Road, (925) 463-2626, Fax: (925) 225-0128, .
- Residence Inn Pleasanton, 11920 Dublin Canyon Road, (925) 227-0500, Toll-free: (800) 331-3131, Fax: (925) 828-1199, .
- Summerfield Suites Pleasanton Hotel, 4545 Chabot Dr., (925) 730-0070, Fax: (925) 730-0075, .
- Wyndham Garden Pleasanton Hotel, 5990 Stoneridge Mall Rd., (925) 463-3330, Fax: (925) 463-3315, . Adjacent to Stoneridge Mall.
- Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, 5115 Hopyard Rd, ☎ (925) 460-8800, . edit
- Sheraton Pleasanton Hotel, 5990 Stoneridge Mall Rd, ☎ (925) 463-3330, . edit
- Pleasanton Marriott, 11950 Dublin Canyon Blvd, . checkin: 3:00PM; checkout: 12:00PM. edit
- The Larkspur Landing Pleasanton, 5535 Johnson Drive, ☎ 925.463.1212, . Outdoor spa, fitness room, laundry facility and free shuttle within 5 mile radius. edit
|Routes through Pleasanton