Pleasant Hill is in Contra Costa County in the Bay Area of California.
Pleasant Hill is also accessible by car from highway 680 with exits at Contra Costa Boulevard, Monument Boulevard, and Willow Pass Road (technically in Concord but the closest exit to northern Pleasant Hill).
The Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) stops at the Pleasant Hill station.
By public transportation
The County Connection bus system has a main station at Diablo Valley College, a community college in the area.
Small aircraft can land at Buchanan Field Airport in nearby Concord but most people coming to Pleasant Hill by air use the larger Oakland Airport and then drive in or take BART the rest of the way.
Although biking and walking is certainly an option, it is advisable to have access to a car while staying in Pleasant Hill. Bus service (County Connection) is also available.
Taxi service is available, but on a much reduced scale as compared to major cities. Occasionally you might be able to hail a cab at the Bart Station and in the downtown area but don't expect it; it is always better to call and arrange for a taxi to pick you up.
- Patrick Rodgers Farm , 315 Cortsen Road. Built in 1868, The house is open to the public on the second Sunday of each month from 2–4 p.m.
- Contra Costa Canal Trail. This trail is built along the canal system and passes through Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, and Concord. It connects Concord's Lime Ridge with Pleasant Hill's Las Juntas Park and Walnut Creek's Larkey Park and Heather Farm. Pedestrians, bicyclists, and equestrians are allowed on the trail.
- Downtown Pleasant Hill. Although this area is often frequented by middle and high schoolers, Downtown Pleasant Hill offers many delightful activities both during the day and at night. Century 16 Movie Theaters is located downtown, which shows all of the biggest movies that are released. There are many shops and restaurants.
- CineArts at Pleasant Hill, nicknamed the Dome because of its roof that is shaped as a dome, plays current movies and has a very nostalgic feel to it. Usually cheaper than the corporate theaters around.
- Century Theatres. Located in Downtown Pleasant Hill, this cinema boasts sixteen auditoriums and is relatively modern. Restrooms are located near every auditorium.
- Sunvalley Mall- is the local shopping mall. It features a Macy's, a Sears, and a J.C. Penney store.
Downtown Pleasant Hill offers a variety of restaurants, ranging from Chipotle to Redbrick Pizza to the more upscale French restaurant Left Bank.
Restaurants available outside the downtown area include:
- Melo's, Contra Costa Blvd. Offers casual Italian meals. The pizza and pasta are traditional, yet delicious.
- Back Forty Barbecue, Oak Park Blvd. A tiny barbecue joint that maintains a bit of old California character. The food is reasonably priced and more than edible, and the bar serves decent drinks.
- Casper's, 6 Vivian Drive Contra Costa Blvd, ☎ (925) 687-6030. A small hot dog joint which is well-known to locals. Besides made-to-order hot dogs, good thick milkshakes are served.
- DeVino's, 2221 Morello Ave, ☎ 689-6666. Great family place for pizza and pasta.
- Nation's Hamburgers, 1900 Contra Costa Blvd, ☎ 796-4280. A small but good hamburger place.
- Three Brothers from China, 2001 Contra Costa Blvd, ☎ 671-9100. Chinese cuisine.
- Donut King. Contra Costa Blvd. Best donuts ever.
- Monsoon Masala, 2375 Contra Costa Blvd. Suite A, ☎ (925) 685- 9100, . Electic Indian Cuisine. Traditional Indian dishes along with signature dishes from Bombay and Goa. Bright and contemporary, speciality cocktails and a solid wine list. Meals come well presented.
- Kinder's Custom Meats, 2227 Morello Ave, . Known for having some of the best sandwhiches around, part of the local Kinder's franchise that is local here in the bay area only at the moment. Try the ball tip sandwhich best sandwhich they have
- Giant Chef, 10 Golf Club Road, ☎ (925) 689-6094. An old hamburger restaurant located in one of two shopping centers on Golf Club. NOTE: Cash only.
Farrington's, 1938 Contra Costa Blvd, . Irish style bar recently remodeled, has 21 hd tv's, pool, darts and shuffleboard. They have a DJ every friday and saturday night, has decent parking
- Courtyard Pleasant Hill, 2250 Contra Costa Boulevard, ☎ +1 925-691-1444 (fax: +1 925-691-0616), .
- Residence Inn Pleasant Hill Concord, 700 Ellinwood Way, ☎ +1 925-689-1010 (toll free: +1 800-331-3131, fax: +1 925-689-1098), .
- Summerfield Suites Hotel by Wyndham, 2611 Contra Costa Blvd, ☎ +1 925-934-3343, . In downtown Pleasant Hill, The Suites are located in Contra Costa County, just minutes from Walnut Creek and Concord and 30 miles east of San Francisco.
- Concord - Concord is one of the largest cities in the East Bay and has a variety of shopping and dining options.
- Walnut Creek - Downtown Walnut Creek is perhaps Contra Costa County's best option for restaurants and bars. Shopaholics will also be more than satisfied with the variety of downtown boutiques.
|Routes through Pleasant Hill
wts:Category:Pleasant Hill (California)
WikiPedia:Pleasant Hill, California