Plano is in Texas. It is north of Dallas.
Plano is easily accessable from highway 75, which connects to interstate 20 and runs straight through it. The nearest airport is DFW International in Dallas, which is approximately 30 minutes outside of Plano. The public rail system, DART, does not yet connect the airport to Plano. However, taxis and cars for hire are readily available.
The public transit system, DART, connects Plano to dallas via the red line which ends at Parker Station located at Parker and 75. From there you can take a Bus to lots of areas in Plano. A day ticket costs US $3.00, $1.50 (Reduced for students with High School Id and elderly), For easier transportation, renting a car is suggested. Plano is a very large city, and a bike will not allow you to get where you want to be in a reasonable amount of time.
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, 6701 W Parker Rd (On Parker 0.5 miles west of Midway Rd. Going west it will be on your right.), . 5am - 11pm. A 200-acre park with a 2.3-mile paved path, a 2-mile unpaved path for off-road cycling, and many unpaved paths for pedestrians.
- The Shops at Willow Bend, 6121 W Park Blvd. Plano, TX 75093 (NW corner of Park and Dallas North Tollway in Plano. DART Bus 347), ☎ (972) 202-7110, . Mon - Sat 10am - 9pm, Sun 12pm - 6pm. A large two-story indoor mall. The mall caters to upper middle class. Most of the shops there are boutiques and expensive clothing stores.
- Collin Creek Mall, 811 North Central Expressway (On Central Expressway between Plano Pkwy and 15th st. DART FLEX route 870 from Downtown Plano station), ☎ (972) 422-1070, . Mon - Sat 10am - 9pm, Sun 12pm - 6pm. A large two-story mall. This is an older mall, and there are stores for just about everyone in most price ranges.
- Plano Market Square Mall, 1717 E. Spring Creek Pkwy. (NW Corner of Spring Creek Pkwy and K Ave. DART bus 350), . Mon - Sat 10am - 9pm, Sun 12pm - 6pm. A small to medium sized outlet mall. It's not as big and exciting as Grapevine Mills, but you can find some interesting things here if you don't mind poking around. The largest business here is Garden Ridge.
- Chettinaad Palace, Central Expwy Service Rd @ W Parker Rd, . Cheap and delicious South Indian joint. Check it out.
- Thai Samba, 621 West Plano Parkway #247, Dallas Metroplex. . Phone: +1 972-509-7979, Delivery: +1 469-330-9700. Just a few of Thai Samba's signature dishes are, pepper steak, garlic chicken, cashew chicken, seafood noodle and seafood chili paste, lemon grass, and crab meat fried rice, which satisfy meat lovers as well as non-meat eaters. Located outside Collin Creek Mall Across From Macy’s Around The Corner From JoAnn Fabrics Next To Verizon Wireless.
- California Pizza Kitchen, 6121 W. Park Blvd., Plano, TX 75093 (Next to Foley's), . Monday - Thursday:11:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Friday:11:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Saturday:11:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Sunday:11:00 AM - 8:00 PM. Serving unique and wonderful types of pizza. They'll make more traditional pizza styles as well if you're not feeling adventurous. Located at Willow Bend Mall.
- Chucks, 6509 W Park Blvd, Plano, Great Burgers.
- Red's Patio Grill, 4005 Preston Rd, Plano, . Unique quality american food also great tequila bar
- Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Plano Super Bowl. 24hr
- Jakes Joint, Parker. great atmosphere with outside patio and palm trees
- Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Park"*, 6840 North Dallas Pkwy, Phone: 1-972-403-0802. Offers 20 meeting rooms with 32,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. Close to Shops at Legacy, high-end shopping and dining. Complimentary shuttle. 
- Holiday Inn Dallas Plano Hotel, 700 East Central Parkway, (972) 881-1881  20 miles from Dallas, 30 miles from DFW Airport, and Dallas Love Field Airport is 20 miles from this Holiday Inn hotel. Plano center is under a mile down the road.
- Microtel Inn & Suites Plano, 19373 Preston Rd., Tel. 972-248-7045,  Free continental breakfast from 6:00am util 10:00am.
- AmeriSuites Dallas/Plano, 3100 Dallas Pkwy, (972) 378-3997  Close to DFW Airport and only 20 miles north of downtown Dallas.
- TownePlace Suites Dallas Plano, 5005 Whitestone Lane, Plano, Texas 75024 USA, ☎ 1-972-943-8200, . checkout: ". TownePlace Suites Dallas Plano is perfect for business or leisure. This hotel offers a comfortable atmosphere that is both productive and relaxing.
- Comfort Inn Plano, 5021 W Plano Parkway (NW corner of Preston & Plano Parkway), ☎ 972-733-4700, . checkin: 4pm; checkout: 11am. Welcome to the Comfort Inn, a Plano hotel minutes from the North Dallas business district Customers really matter at the 100 percent non-smoking Comfort Inn® hotel, which is conveniently located near shopping areas like the Shops at Legacy, Collin Creek Mall and the Galleria Dallas. This Plano, TX hotel is minutes away from many major medical centers and the Legacy business park. The Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport is 25 miles away. Additional nearby points of interest include: Plano Centre event facility Shops at Willow Bend mall Dr Pepper Ballpark, home of the Frisco RoughRiders minor league baseball team Addison, one of the Dallas area's most popular destinations Southfork Ranch (renowned as the filming location for the "Dallas" television series) Plano, proclaimed as the Hot Air Balloon Capital of Texas, hosts the annual Plano Balloon Festival in September. Families will enjoy spending a day or more at the Dallas Zoo, the Fort Worth Zoo and Six Flags Over Texas theme park. Many cultural sites, shopping areas and historical museums are just minutes from this Plano, TX hotel. A variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges are located in the surrounding area. Guests of the Comfort Inn hotel are invited to enjoy many amenities, including: Free continental breakfast Free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access Newly remodeled rooms & public areas with luxurious granite counter tops More than 50 premium cable channels, including HBO The savvy business traveler will appreciate fax and basic copy services, and free access to the business center with printer. The meeting room is perfect for a variety of functions. Be sure to take advantage of the hotel's exercise room. A limited number of free newspapers are available in the lobby. All guest rooms come equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, voice mail, irons, ironing boards, coffee makers and hair dryers. King rooms include a full-size sofa sleeper and desk area. Handicap accessible rooms are also available. Guest laundry facilities are available for added convenience. The Comfort Inn hotel in Plano provides you with all the luxuries of home, as well as a great location to enjoy everything the area has to offer. Stay with us on your next visit to the Dallas area. $69-$119.
- NYLO Plano at Legacy (Plano Texas Boutique Hotel), 8201 Preston Rd. Plano, TX 75024, ☎ 972.624.6990, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm.
It has a great courtyard patio and they screen free outdoor movies there in summer.
- Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway, 4901 West Plano Pkwy, ☎ 9728678000, . The highlight of the new lobby is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect., which provides healthy offerings in the morning, plus dinner service with cocktail selections in the evening. Also has 2 meeting rooms, great for business meetings or social gatherings such as reunions and showers. $149-$159.