The Plains of India are considered to be the country's heartland. The rivers Ganga and Yamuna flow through this region. Major events of India's history took place here. This region contains the largest and politically significant states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar. This region also contains the country's capital, New Delhi.
- New Delhi the Capital of Ancient Bharat(then called "Indraprastha") and Modern India - The political capital of India
- Lucknow - The Golden City of the East
- Chandigarh - at 300Km from Delhi. The city was designed by Le Corbusier
- Agra - Home of the Taj Mahal.
- Amritsar- Contains the Golden temple, the most important peregination center for the Sikh religion
- Varanasi - A sacred Hindu city located on the banks of the Ganga.
- Example, . To create a footnote style external link the syntax is [http://www.example.com/].