Revision as of 13:16, 4 December 2009
The Plains of India are considered to be the country's heartland. The rivers Ganga and Yamuna flow through this region. Major events of India's history took place here. This region contains the largest and politically significant states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Bihar. This region also contains the country's capital, New Delhi.
- New Delhi the Capital of Ancient Bharat(then called "Indraprastha") and Modern India - The political capital of India
- Lucknow - The Golden City of the East
- Chandigarh - Situated 300Km from Delhi,the city also known as The City Beautiful was designed by Le Corbusier.
- Patna- The Gateway to the Buddhist and Jain pilgrim centres
- Agra - Home of the Taj Mahal.
- Amritsar- Contains the Golden temple, the most important peregination center for the Sikh religion
- Varanasi - A sacred Hindu city located on the banks of the Ganga.
One of the most pleasant and safest ways to travel around India is by hireing a guide. There are tons to choose from, and the quality of knowledge, price, veichels, trustworthyness and communication skills may vary.