Placentia was originally the French capital of Newfoundland in the early seventeenth century.
- Ferry - The Argentia Ferry run by Marine Atlantic takes passengers and cars from Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. The ferry terminal is minutes away from Placentia. Marine Atlantic ferry service runs from North Sydney to Port aux Basques throughout the year, and to Argentia during the summer. The duration of the ride depends on the weather and water conditions, so patience is of the essence. It is advisable to call Marine Atlantic ahead of time to make a reservation (call 1-800-341-7981). If you are bringing a U-haul or something other than a passenger vehicle, you will likely be considered a Commercial Vehicle. Commercial Vehicles can only make reservations by doubling the usual fare. It is cheaper to simply take your number, wait in line and hope for the best.
- Angels Cove
- Cape Saint Mary's
- Castle Hill Historic Site
- Gooseberry Cove Provincial Park
- Placentia Bay Lookout
- O'Reilly House Museum
- The Cape Shore Drive
- Bridgeway Hotel, 15-19 Prince William Drive, ☎ 709-227-1700. new hotel, located in Placentia, Newfoundland, approx 15 minutes from the Argentia Ferry. Beautiful view from all rooms. for more info call Jeanette 709-227-1700
- Rosedale Manor - Offers waterfront private rooms for $60 per night.
WikiPedia:Placentia, Newfoundland and Labrador