| || |
The nearest pub is the '''Catacol Bay Hotel''' [http://www.catacol.co.uk], which is 5 miles away in Catacol.
Chilled bottles of beer are also available from the Pirnmill Store. |+|
The nearest pub is the '''Catacol Bay Hotel''' [http://www.catacol.co.uk], which is 5 miles away in Catacol. also available from the Pirnmill Store.
| || |
Revision as of 17:47, 25 September 2011
Pirnmill is a small village on the Isle of Arran in Scotland with a population of roughly 90 people.
Pirnmill is served by the 324 bus service which is operated by Stagecoach . All buses going to Brodick (except the 07:52 bus heading for Lamlash via Brodick) connect with the CalMac  ferry there. Timetables are available on board the CalMac ferries, on board the buses, at most convenience stores on the island and on the Stagecoach website.
The A841 costal road passes through Pirnmill, as well as most other places on the island.
The best way to get around and explore the area is by foot. Cars can also be taken up the gravel track to the hamlet of Penrioch, which is about half a mile up the hill behind the village.
- Great views of Kintyre!
- The surrounding hills
- The spectacular sunsets - the sky can turn into very strange colours at times!
- The long, quiet beach with few, if any, people around!
- Go walking into the hills and see Penrioch and the abandoned houses of High Pirnmill.
- The Lighthouse Tearoom (telephone 01770 850 240) offers excellent food. People come from all over the island just to eat here! Try a world famous meringue as well!
- The Pirnmill Village Store and Post Office offers food for those on a self catering budget. It is the only 'proper' village shop between Brodick and Blackwaterfoot if you are coming around the north of the island , and the staff are helpful and friendly. Telephone 01770 850 235.
The nearest pub is the Catacol Bay Hotel , which is 5 miles away in Catacol. Alcohol is also available from the Pirnmill Store.
There are one or two guest houses properties in Pirnmill - notably the 3 star rated Clisham  (telephone 01770 850 294 to book), otherwise there are a few rooms at the nearby Catacol Bay Hotel (phone 830 231). In terms of self catering, Meadow Cottages (4 star, telephone 01770 850 236) is at the south end of the village.
The rest of the island, including Lochranza, makes a good day out. Skipness, on Kintyre, is also a good day trip.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!