Pictou is a small town in Pictou County, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Trans-Canada Highway - TCH 102 to TCH 104
It's the closest town in Nova Scotia to the Prince Edward Island ferry
- Walk - around town
- Drive - around to the different attractions in Pictou County
- Cabs - a $5 cab ride gets you just about anywhere
- The Hector
- Pictou Waterfront
- The local Beaches
- Friendly locals
- The Pictou Lodge
- Historic Stone Buildings
- Water Street
- New Scotland Days
- The Pictou Lobster Carnival
- The Hector Festival
- Stonehame Lodge and Chalets, 310 Fitzpatrick Mountain (12 kms west of Pictou), ☎ (902) 485 3468, . Stonehame Lodge and Chalets is in central Nova Scotia on Fitzpatrick Mountain (GPS Co-ordinates: N 45 38.749' W 062 51.603' - this takes you to the start of our driveway off the O. MacLean Road), Pictou County. Pictou County is nestled along the shoreline and quaint inlets of the Northumberland Shore which boasts the "warmest waters North of the Carolinas". Whether it is the serenity of nature on a year-round basis or the excitement of the coastline and attractions, the region draws visitors who return year after year, and many choose to become seasonal or permanent residents. It is also an area rich in culture and heritage; sports; and music. It is an area known for its year-round festivals and events, diverse peoples and outstanding hospitality. Pictou County is unique because it encompasses five towns, including the historic town of Pictou, the Birthplace of New Scotland. Pictou County is centrally located in the province of Nova Scotia and is only a stone's throw from three distinct coastal experiences, the Fundy Shore, the Eastern Shore and, of course, the Northumberland Shore. Our cottage accommodation and lodge is a convenient destination when traveling to Cape Breton Island or to the wonderful city of Halifax. We at Stonehame invite you to make us your destination of choice and spend your time making short trips in any direction to experience all that Nova Scotia has to offer.
Many fine Motels and Bed & Breakfast available
- Lionstone Inn and Cabins, 241 West River Road, Pictou, ☎ 1-866-785-4157, . checkin: 3:00 p.m.; checkout: 11:00 a.m.. Clean and comfortable accomodiations, very close to PEI ferry terminal on a 3 acre park-like setting. Very good value for the money. $59-$99.