- Camelback Mountain, (East McDonald Drive at Tatum Boulevard), ☎ (602) 256-3220, . The most recognizable landmark of the area, Camelback Mountain rises to 2,704 feet at its summit and is . It sits between Phoenix to the south and Paradise Valley to the North. The lower areas of the mountain contain some of the most exclusive residences in the Valley, with the upper sections now part of a park. There are very challenging and difficult hiking trails to the summit that are not recommended for any but experienced hikers. As well, parking near the mountain is extremely limited. The mountain consists of red rock, and is in the general shape of a camel's silhouette. A rock formation on the mountain is known as Praying Monk. The park also contains Echo Canyon.
- Desert Botanical Garden, 1201 N. Galvin Parkway, . 7am-8pm. 50 acres of exhibits showcasing desert plants, with an emphasis on plants native to the Southwestern United States. Located in Papago Park, near the Phoenix Zoo.
- Arizona Biltmore Hotel, 24th St. and Camelback Rd, . Visit this legendary Phoenix landmark built in 1921 and has hosted famous guests such as Fred Astaire, Marilyn Monroe, Bob Hope, and the President of the United States when he is in town.
- Wrigley Mansion, 2501 East Telawa Trail, . Take a tour of the amazing architecture and grounds of this historic mansion built by the famous chewing gum magnate.
- Biltmore Fashion Park, 24th St. and Camelback Rd., . Includes many high-end tenants such as Saks Fifth Avenue, Ralph Lauren, Cartier, and Escada; and many highly-acclaimed eateries.
- Donovan's Steakhouse Restaurant, 3101 East Camelback Road, ☎ (602) 955-3666, . Daily - Wine & Cocktails at 4pm, Dinner service beginning at 5pm. Upscale steakhouse serving high grade steaks with high grade service. Complementary valet parking provided. High end pricing.
- Zen 32, 3160 East Camelback Road (Safeway center on northwest corner of 32nd Street & Camelback), ☎ (602) 954-8700, . M-F 11-2am, Sat-Sun 4:30pm-2am, Grill open until 11pm, Sushi served until Midnight, Zen Bar open until 2am. Sushi bar and fusion grille. Lunch and dinner served on weekdays, dinner only on weekends.
- Phoenix City Grille, 5816 N 16th St, . M-Th 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 10am-9:00pm. Southwestern themed variations on grill fare is offered by this local restaurant.
- TEXAZ Grill, 6003 N. 16th Street (Northeast corner of 16th Street & Bethany Home Road), ☎ (602) 248-STAR, . M-Th 11am-10pm, Fri 11am-11pm, Sat 12pm-11pm, Sun 4pm-10pm. Originally named "Lone Star Steaks" the restaurant changed its name when a national chain moved to town and wanted to sue, the restaurant offers reasonably priced steaks and standard Texas fare. Budget priced.
- Chicago Hamburger Company, 3749 E. Indian School Road, . M-Sat 10:30a-8pm. "Home of the Original Windy City Slider" is the restaurant's slogan, and the small burgers (along with larger fare) are found here. A Chicago themed sandwich shop offering hot dogs, sandwiches and even Frito Pie (according to the menu, a former manager from Texas added it to the menu and they've left it on). This place is more what you would expect of a traditional burger joint than Delux Burger, also listed in this guide. Delux is when you want something more formal, Chicago Hamburger Company is when you want to grab a traditional burger shop lunch. Budget priced..
- Pita Jungle, 4340 E. Indian School Rd. (44th Street & Indian School Road), ☎ (602) 955-7482, . Daily 10:30am-10pm. Offers a selection not only of pitas, but also of other Mediterranean inspired meals in a sit down environment. Mid-Range Pricing..
- La Grande Orange Grocery, 4410 N. 40th Street (southwest corner of 40th Street & Campbell), ☎ (602) 840-7777, . Sun-Thu 6:30am-9pm, Fri-Sat 6:30a - 10p. Popular neighborhood cafe featuring breakfast, sandwiches and grocery items, as well as pizzeria next door. Parking is often difficult in the area, though valet parking is offered as well as curbside service.
- Thai Lahna Restaurant, 3738 E Indian School Rd (38th Street Shops Center), ☎ (602) 955-4658. Mon-Th 11am-2:30pm, 5pm-9:30pm, F-Sat 11am-2:30pm, 5pm-10:30pm, Closed Sunday. East Phoenix neighborhood Thai food restaurant. Budget priced.
- Baby Kay's Cajun Kitchen, 2119 East Camelback Rd (inside Town & Country Center at 20th Street & Camelback Road), ☎ (602) 955-0011, . M-Sat lunch and dinner. Camelback area local cajun cuisine restaurant featuring po boys and, in season, crawfish boils on Wednesday nights.
- Tee Pee Mexican Food, 4144 East Indian School Road, ☎ (602) 956-0178, . M-Sat 11am-10pm, Sun 11am-9pm. Neighborhood Mexican food restaurant featuring fairly standard Arizona Mexican food fare at reasonable prices.
- Wildflower Bread Company, 4290 East Indian School Road (Arcadia Commons Center), ☎ (602) 850-8585, . M-F 6am-9pm, Sat 7am-9pm, Sun 7am-8pm. Arcadia location of restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, featuring a bakery. Lunch menu consists of sandwiches and soups, while pasta is added for dinner. Free wi-fi access and power outlets are available at the location.
- Delux Burger, 3146 E. Camelback Road (In Safeway center on northwest corner of 32nd Street and Camelback Road), ☎ (602) 522-2288, . 11am-2am. An upscale burger location, also known for its mini-shopping cart baskets of fries and a wide selection of micro-brews on tap. Has an interesting variety of salads as well as the sandwich fare. A good place when you want to have informal food but not in a totally informal setting. Upper mid-range pricing..
- L'Amore Ristorante, 3159 East Lincoln Drive (In the shopping complex on the southeast corner of 32nd Street & Lincoln Drive), ☎ (602) 381-3159, . M-F 11am-10pm, Sat 4pm-10pm. Local italian restuarant located on the border of Phoenix and Paradise Valley, features fresh seafood and home made pasta.
- Tarbell's, 3213 East Camelback Road, ☎ 602.955.8100, . M-Sat 5pm-10pm, Sun 5pm-9pm. Chef Mark Tarbell's namesake restaurant, it features Southwestern themed cuisine and local organic ingredients. Per the website, dress is "resort casual" defined as "everything from denim to diamonds."