South Philly is in Philadelphia.
- The Italian Market, heading south from 9th and Christian, is always worth a visit. Like an old European market, the sidewalks are lined with stands selling cheap produce, hundred-year-old butcher shops, spice shops and Italian and Mexican delis. Get a roast pork sandwich with broccoli rabe.
- Bella Vista, a traditionally Italian neighborhood just south of Washington Square, is home to the famous Italian Market, as well as an increasing number of restaurants of various ethnicities. Currently more and more people in their 20's and 30's are moving into this neighborhood, and it is becoming an increasingly popular destination for shopping, food, and drink, all within easy walking distance of South Street.
- South West Center City This new vibrant area of the city extends south of South St. and west of Broad St. to the Schuykill River. Much of the movie "The Sixth Sense" was filmed in this location.
- Queen Village Another vibrant area extending roughly from Lombard St. to Washington Ave. between Sixth Street and the Delaware river.
- Philadelphia sports complex
- FDR park
- Navy Yard Business Center
- If you are a bicycling fan, can bike along the Schuylkill River from Valley Forge all the way into South Philly. A riverside park, including a multi-use trail, extends down to South St. It is hoped that further biking improvements will be made, allowing easy access across town, as 22nd St. and Washington Ave. already have bike paths.
- Fabric Row(4th Street from Bainbridge to Catharine) popular with locals and visitors seeking unique fabrics.
- Bicycle Therapy 2211 South St. Considered THE place to go for everything on 2 wheels. 
South Philly has quite a few Italian restaurants plus diners and many places to eat.
The block of South St. between 22nd and 23rd St houses several good eateries worth checking out.
- My Thai
- Ants Pants Cafe. 
- Grace Tavern
- Balkan Express