Perdido Key  is a barrier island at the western tip of Florida's Panhandle.
Perdido means "lost" in Spanish, and this means a lot. This is the Florida experience we remember from years ago but with a modern, upscale twist. Like its sister towns, Perdido Key boasts sugar white sands and crystal water. Although boutiques and quaint eateries dot the landscape in Perdido Key, the area feels somewhat removed, enjoying a slower pace. Boating and fishing are naturals in this relaxed community.
The unspoiled, white sands of Perdido Key enjoy a history rich in lore. Rumor has it that pirates buried treasure along the precarious shoals of Perdido Bay where it enters the Gulf. Today, people still wander the beach hoping to uncover the lost treasures. Because of its unique geography the Key is one of the most natural and beautiful areas along the Gulf Coast. Here, the waves invite laughter and surfing, diving and sport fishing. The back bays and lagoons are ideal for boating or waterskiing. No doubt you’ll believe Florida's Perdido Key brims with treasure, whether or not you find anything buried.
The closest airport is Pensacola Regional Airport (IATA: PNS)  in Pensacola.
Florida State Route 292 links Perdido Key with Pensacola.
Perdido Key Drive, part of Florida State Route 292, is the island's main road and follows the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Good Time Tours Inc. Daily trips to the casinos in Biloxi, 455 Corday St, Pensacola, 1-800-446-0886, .
- Orange Beach Helicopter Tours, 25405 Perdido Bch Blvd, Orange Beach, Alabama, 1-866-980-4354. .
- Perdido Key Parasail Tours, P O Box 34428, Pensacola, 1-850-492-4000.
- A-1 Charters, 5574 Ponte Verde Ct, 1-888-272-7985, .
- Reel Surprise Charters, 24964 Wolf Bay Terrace, Orange Beach, Alabama, 1-800-806-7889, .
- Lillian's Pan Pizza, 13821 Perdido Key Dr., 1-850-492-0131, .
- The Original Point Restaurant, 14340 Innerarity Pt Rd., 1-850-492-3577.
- Vallarta Mexican Restaurant,13584 Perdido Key Dr., 1-850-492-1701.
- Eden Condominiums 16281 Perdido Key Drive, 800-523-8141 . Aptly named; feel like you're in the French Riviera at this fine resort overlooking the beach.
- Island Paradise at Purple Parrot Island Resort, 13555 Perdido Key Blvd., . Newly redecorated villa offers elegant, yet comfortable, tropical décor which will immediately set the mood for an exciting but relaxing vacation.
- Perdido Key Resort Rentals, 14758 Perdido Key Drive, 800.598.1888 . Stay in beautifully furnished, Gulf front condos and beach houses on Perdido beach. Choose from 100s of rentals for a fantastic family vacation.
WikiPedia: Perdido Key, Florida