Peniche is a city in the Lisbon Region of Portugal.
You can take a bus (Rede Expressos) from Lisbon (1.5h, 9€), Porto (4h, 20€) or Faro (6h, 25€).
A good alternative is a rental car at any of the airports.
Take the A8 high-way from Lisbon, it's about an hour drive or the A17 from Porto which is 250 km.
The beach life, the surf and the night life happens in Baleal, which is a small village at the north end of the town. While Peniche is an old working town and fishing village, Baleal was always the weekend escape and traditional holiday spot for the portuguese. The beaches and cafés are alive with surfers from all over the world. In the bars in Baleal (Bar da Praia, Bar do Bruno, Danau Bar, The BASE) nightlife is pumping into the early morning almost every day.
Portugal has a large network of bus connections which is run by comfortable long-distance carriers. The buses are as comfortable as a train, cheaper, equipped with air condition, wi-fi and usually quiet empty so that you can use two seats for your own
Visit Berlengas Islands, Watch the sunset from a Baleal Beach Bar, Visit Obidos and drink a Ginja
Surfing, Take a walk around the Peninsula of Baleal, Skateboarding, Stand up Paddling, Eat fresh fish, Visit the Farmers Market, Party until the morning
Food and fresh Fish at the Farmers Market (Every Day except Sunday and Monday)
ADN Surfshop Baleal, 58 Surfshop
- Tasca do Joel, Rua do Lapadusso 73. Fishermen meeting place turned into serious gourmet place. Got a local's recommendation as a favourite. Prato do dia ~8euro. A bit off center but worth the hike. 8-10. edit
- Fereleja or Doce Dia, (from Baleal to Ferrel). Best Pastry Yummies worldwide try Tosta Mista at Ferreleja or Pão com Choriço at Doce Dia edit
- Taberna do Ganhao, Largo dos Amigos do Baleal, 2520-001 Baleal,. Good wine, good tapas and nice view. 5-10. edit
- Bar da Praia (Bar da Praia Baleal), Baleal Beach (From Peniche to Baleal), . 8:00 - 4:00. Chilled out bar by the beach by day, smashing party venue by night edit
- Supermarket Baleal, Avenida do Mar, 162, 2520-101 Baleal. Cheapest Beer in town! 0,4€ Every day during 6pm till 8pm (Happy Hour) edit
- The Base Baleal, Rua Infante Dom Henrique | Lote 2, 2520-160 Baleal. Good for Cocktails and hang out. Nice sunset electro partys once in a while. Every day Happy Hour (6pm till 8pm) edit
- Mar Azul Hotel, 1 Largo Padre José C. Leal, ☎ +351 262 909 640, . A two star hotel located 8 kilometres outside Peniche in an area called Serra Del Rei. From €40 per night. edit
- Welcome Hostel, Rua dos Hermínios Nº16. Welcome Hostel seems to be the least expensive place to stay. Family atmosphere, clean rooms, breakfast included. 35e for private, 14e for dorm (in November, 2012) 14. edit
- Tribo da Praia (Hostel and Camping), Rua do Catalo 65, 2520-141 (In Ferrel, after Cantinha Restaurant, follow sign, take left), ☎ +351-262381829, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Very nice hostel on top of a hill, with garden and ocean view, overlooking the Peniche peninsula. 5 minutes from cliffs, 8 minutes from the beach. Bedrooms and dorms with unique wooden design. Living room and fully equipt kitchen. Free bikes, free wi-fi, free towels, free pick-up and drop-off from Peniche bus station. 15-20/person. (39.37199,-9.31803) edit
- Highway To Swell Motel (Hostel and Apartments), Rua Casal dos Ninhos 12, 2520-053 Baleal, . Its a hidden and quiet place close to the beach. Nice tiny houses with kitchen and bathroom. The interior is made of wood and driftwood. there is also a lush garden with orange and lemon trees and a small pool for skateboarding in Baleal. 10-25€ per night (September 2015). edit
Take a Taxi or a Bus (Rede Expressos) to Lisbon (1.5h, 9€), Porto (4h, 20€) or Faro (6h, 25€).