Peniche is a city in the Lisbon Region of Portugal.
Take the A8 high-way from Lisbon, it's about an hour drive. Or the A17 from Porto which is 250 km
Surf, Cliff climbing and mountain biking on cliffs in nearby Ferrel, Stand up Paddle, Visit Berlengas Islands, Party until the morning, eat fresh fish
- Tasca do Joel, Rua do Lapadusso 73. Fishermen meeting place turned into serious gourmet place. Got a local's recommendation as a favourite. Prato do dia ~8euro. A bit off center but worth the hike. 8-10.
- Fereleja, Ferrel (from Baleal to Ferrel). Traditional Portuguese Pastry Yummies
- Bar da Praia (Bar da Praia Baleal), Baleal Beach (From Peniche to Baleal), . 8:00 - 4:00. Chilled out bar by the beach by day, smashing party venue by night
- Mar Azul Hotel, 1 Largo Padre José C. Leal, ☎ +351 262 909 640, . A two star hotel located 8 kilometres outside Peniche in an area called Serra Del Rei. From €40 per night.
- Welcome Hostel, Rua dos Hermínios Nº16. Welcome Hostel seems to be the least expensive place to stay. Family atmosphere, clean rooms, breakfast included. 35e for private, 14e for dorm (in November, 2012) 14.