Pemberton is a village in the province of British Columbia.
Matier Glacier and Joffre Lake near Pemberton
Pemberton is located 158km north of Vancouver along Highway 99.
Served by Greyhound & BC Transit out of Whistler. Pemberton Taxi service runs a Valley Commuter Service to Mount Currie that meets up with the buses: 604 894 1111. No Rail service any more - the Rocky Mountaineer just passes through. Charter planes & helicopter service to local airport. Sea Planes & Helicopters also service nearby Whistler. 27 miles of Free Trails for X-country skining biking, walking, or riding a horse.
- Tourism Pemberton, Pemberton, British Columbia (20 minutes north of Whistler, BC on Hwy 99), ☎ 604-894-6175, . Official website for Tourism Pemberton with business listings, events, news and travel advice.Its a very useful website with Accommodation broken down into 'Hotels & Motels ' & Bed & Breakfasts, & lists links to local Business & Activities.Or visit in person, the Visitor Information Centre, at the entrance to Pemberton, the intersection of Highway 99 & Portage Road. The Info Centre is a small inconspicuous Brown Trailer so it's less easy to spot than the other buildings. Clock wise around the intersection: Red Pertocan Gas Station across the Highway, Red Clock Tower at Gateway Building, the big green Pemberton Sign & the Husky Gas Station, & finally Info' Centre hidden under large trees . They stock free maps & guides for the whole area & all of British Columbia, are staffed by very knowledgeable & helpful locals.* There are picnic tables under a big willow tree, water & sanitary dump available too. Months: Open Early May to Late September. Hours: 9 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Phone: 604-894-6175 (Summer) Fax: 604 894-5571 (50.321135,-122.799897)
- Pemberton Tourist Info' off Season (Pemberton Tourist Info' other Languages). The Pemberton Chamber Commerce has a simple business directory: http://www.pembertonchamber.com/membe... The Village of Pemberton maintains with a list of all local businesses : http://www.pemberton.ca/business-list... , a community life page, a free downloadable Map page and much more. * English only. For Info' in other languages: Cantonese & Basic Mandarin contact a local Cafe at 604.894.3364 or 604.894.6433 Czech / čeština contact a local business 604.894.5727 firstname.lastname@example.org German / Duetsch contact a local B & B at 604.894.5607 email@example.com Swiss German / Schweiz Deutsch contact a local Cafe at 604.894.9494 firstname.lastname@example.org Spanish / Español & French / Français contact a local Hotel at 604.894.8888 manager@PembertonGatewayVillageSuites.com Tagalog & Basic Taiwanese contact a local Hotel ask for Manuela 604.894.8888 Manuela c/o manager@PembertonGatewayVillageSuites.com Subject: Info Tagalog or Info Taiwanese
Come relax & escape in the beautiful valley of Pemberton BC located 8, 000 ft/ 2500 m. below the peak of Mount Currie & 20 min. north of whistler bc.
- Hike - Pemberton has some of BC's finest hiking and back country camping opportunities
- Joffre Lakes - a moderate hike past three pristine turquoise lakes feed by Matier Glacier.
To the 1st Lake; about 45min ea way in Summer. Its a full day to the 3rd top lake & back. & mountain peaks clustered toghether offering exceptional skiing equal to Charmonie, with slopes orientated to all compass points you can almost always find a face with perfect snow..:* Cerise Creek
- Climbing - surrounded by the Coastal Mountains also refered to some as the Cascade Range now, Pemberton has many opportunities for rock climbing , Bouldering and mountaineering. While not as popular as Squamish, there are several climbing areas located within a short drive of the village. Detailed listings can be found in any of the area's climbing guide books.
- Pemberton Golf  tel. 1.800.390.4653 — A par 72 course with full service club house.
- BigSky: Pemberton Golf  tel. 1.800.668.7900 — Big Sky Golf and Country Club 1690 Airport Road, Pemberton, British Columbia V0N 2L3. ph: 604.894.6106. fax: 604.894.5545. e-mail: email@example.com
- Activities (what to do). There are many activities to enjoy in Pemberton such as Swimming at near by Mile 1 Lake with its sandy beach & boardwalk or skating, hockey & curling in the winter, or take the kids to Pemberton`s new free kids water park at the new Communinty Centre - Library , Fitness Centre etc. Pemberton`s Skateboard Park has just opened on the other side of the Community Centre too. For the outdoor enthusiast there is Biking, Backpacking, Hiking, Horse Riding, Golfing, Skiing, Sledding, & Boarding.
- Flight (flying). For the flight enthusiasts Pemberton is a centre of Hang Gliding, Paragliding, Gliding, Skydiving, & Heli-tours (Ski Helitours in the winter) with the towns own airport for private planes, small jets & helicopters. The Valley just finished hosting the Canadian Paragliding Nationals - it was to host the Hang gliding Nationals too but they were canceled
- Be Natural, herbal apothecary and foods, 108, 7433 Frontier Street (In the AG Foods strip mall), ☎ 604-894-8884. A health food store offering vitamin supplements, herbal blends, homeopathics, essential oils, personal care, bulk herbs and foods, healthy snacks, and specialty and organic groceries. Private health consults available by a trained Clinical Herbalist with knowledge in herbs, vitamins, nutrition, Bach Flowers, Reiki, and Reconnective Healing.
- Silvhorn Automotive, #71 7370 Highway 99 (Hwy 99 at the entrance to Pemberton Village), ☎ 604-894-5556, . Silvhorn Automotive service and repair including electrical problems and diagnostic maintenance. (Latitude, Longitude 50.316243,-122.8017)
- North Arm Farm, 1888 Hwy 99 (5 km east of the McDonalds & PetroCanada gas station), ☎ +1 604 894-5379, . 9AM-6PM daily. Local farm with a produce shop and bakery. They sell their own organic produce and produce and cheese from other B.C. farms. There is also a lunch menu with homemade sandwiches. Coffee $2.15, sandwiches $6-$10, baked goods $2-$5.
- Mile One Eating House (Mile One), 107 - 7330 Arbutus Street (Under the Clock Tower at the 1st Building at, 1st Traffic Light, junction Hwy99 Across from PetroCan at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites), ☎ 604-384-3842, . 11-9ish Tue-Sun. Fast Slow Food: Brunch, Lunch & Dinner. Independantly owned & operated not part of a chain or run by the Hotel. Voted 6 Pemberton's 'BEST's Mile One Eating House They've done it again! Voted Pemberton`s BEST 2011 in 4 Food categories & # 1 Fav' Artist on display Karen Love. Now Pemberton`s BEST 2012 in 6 Food categories, # 1 Fav' Artist on display,& #1 Moto " Get Well Fed", & Best New Business 2011 Pemberton Chamber of Commerce. Offering local Natural Beef & Potatoes from the Valley. BC 100 Mile inspired cuisine: Buns from Blackbird Bakery across the street, Ocean Wise Tuna caught just off the Coast, BC Cheeses & Veg'. $$. (50° 19' 4.6915,-122° 47' 54.8019)
- Pemberton Valley Lodge (Pemberton Valley Lodge Hotel), 1490 Portage Road (From Vancouver, go north on HWY 99, past Whistler to Pemberton, turn right at Harrow Rd.), ☎ 1.877.894.2800, . All-suite Pemberton hotel with a contemporary, lodge style atmosphere. Soak away in the outdoor hot tub with 360 degree mountain views surrounding the property. Reasonably priced and perfect for families, couples and business guests alike. (50.315082,-122.79283)
- Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel (Gateway Hotel), 7330 Arbutus Street ((Turn off Hwy99 at Red Clock Tower at 1st Light by PetroCan)), ☎ 604 894 8888, . checkin: 3:30; checkout: 10:00. Toll Free 1 877 894 5929. # 1 hotel in Pemberton on TripAdvisor 24/01/2013. Right in the hotel,all separate independant businesses, Mile One Eating House - Voted Pemberton's Best Burger & Best Chef- with Licensed Deck, Mynt Salon for men's & woman's Hair, & Revolution Fitness Studio, & Ivy Spa opened Dec 2012, get that Aprés Ski Massage! Pet-Friendly hotel that offers nightly, weekly, or long-term stays to suit the needs of any traveler. Each suite has a full kitchen with fridge, 4 burner stove with oven, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, kettle, dishwasher & a compliment of utensils, cookware, & dishes. Free secure underground parking offers a safe place for your vehicle at night or your bikes, ATV's, & trailers. Free bike lockers & Free WiFi . Conveniently located across from the Blackbird Bakery, & Woods Restaurant, beside Mt Currie Coffee Co., 2 blocks from the Pony Espresso Restaurant, 4 blocks from several more Cafes & Restaurants. $99 +. (50° 19' 4.6915,-122° 47' 54.8019)