Pauri is a city in Uttarakhand.
The closest airports to Pauri is Jollygrant, Dehradun 130km,
Nearest railway station is Kotdwar at a distance of 109km. From Kotdwar station, one has to travel only by road. Public taxis like bolero, tata sumo etc. are available. They will charge around 150 to 200 for a person. If on tight budget GMO buses are available on scheduled timings. The ticket will be around 100 rs. Taxis will take roughly 3.5 hrs while buses may take around 4.5 hrs to reach pauri.
Another Railway station that is quite close is Dehradun Railway station. It is easier to come to kodaikanal using this station as it is a much bigger city. Once you get down at the Dehradun Railway station, you can get an autorickshaw for around ₹50 to come to the Rispana Bridge from where taxis are available to pauri for Rs. 200 approximately. If you do not get a direct taxi to pauri take a taxi to Srinagar from where pauri is just 30 kms and frequent buses & taxis will be avialable.Travel time will be around 5 hrs.
Rishikesh is also a railway station around 110 kms from Pauri. From Rishikesh no taxi services are available. One has to depend on Bus services towards pauri. Ticket may be around 120 Rs.
Pauri is about 160km from Dehradun city and there are plenty of taxis plying towards Pauri.
Buses are available from Rishikesh (Tehri Bus stand) to Pauri at regular timings.
One can hire a car from Dehradun or Kotdwar or Rishikesh. It may cost around rs. 3000 or more.
Kandoliya Mandir- Kandoliya devta is the local deity, referred in the local language as the bhumi devta. The temple has been in the area for years, amidst thick pine forest. In the region, it is a custom to begin every auspicious work with the blessings of Kandoliya thakur. Every year, a bhandara(feast) is held in the month of May–June in the temple. It is attended by lakhs of devotees.
- Nag Dev Mandir- Nag Dev is a small temple located in the Pine and Rhododendron forest region. The temple belongs to the nag devta(the snake god). Located away, from the hustles and bustles of town, the place offers solace to the tired soul.
- Kyunkaleshwar Temple- This is an 8th Century old, Shiv temple believed to be raised by Adi Shankracharya. The presiding deity of the temple are Shiva, his wife Parvati and sons, Ganesha and Kartikeyan. The temple in itself is popular as a historic shrine and therefore visited by thousands of Shaivaites. Kyunkaleshwar temple is known for the artistic stone work done in the temple premises. The temple also has a Sanskrit Vidyalaya and Gurukul where young children come to learn Veds and Purans.
- Laxmi Narayan Temple- Located on the main Laxmi-Narayan Temple Road in the main city and is visited by locals round the day. The temple is named after Lord Laxmi Narayan or Vishnu. It also houses a Shiv temple, Hanuman temple, Durga temple, Ganesha Temple.
- Hanuman Mandir- The Hanuman Mandir in Pauri is located in the Deodar Forest. It is located around 2 km from the main city.
- Methodist Church, Chopra- The church is over 100 years old and is located in the lower chopra region of the town. The church is located a stone throw away distance from MIC Pauri.
- Catholic Church, Gadoli- The church belongs to the catholic community based in Gadoli region.
- Dhara Road- It is a flourishing market area in the city, having small and big shops selling a variety of things.
- Upper Bazaar- This is also a dense market place ahead of dhara road.
- Khirsu- It is located 15 km away from the Pauri city. This small, tourist village has Apple orchards and huge gardens which remains filled with flowers and fruits in Spring. The region is known for offering a spectacular view of Himalayas.
- Chaukhamba View Point-It is located 4 km away from Pauri and overlooks the Idwal Valley and Chaukhamba Peak. It is situated in the dense forest of oak and rhododendron.
- Ransi Ground- It is located at a distance 2.5 km from the town. One of the highest points in Pauri, Ransi is a beautiful picnic spot. It has a Sports Stadium - the second highest stadium in Asia where games and tournaments are frequently organised. An ideal picnic spot, the stadium set amidst deodar trees.
- Kandolia Ground- Most of the local sports are organized in this ground.
- District Library- The library is open round the year for enthusiasts and houses a variety of books.
- Nagdev Evergreen Forest - Pleasant walk during the whole year.
- Trekking - Pauri offers several scenic trekking spots. The best trek in my view is through the Nagadev forest. There is a gate to Nagadev TEmple, which is around 1 km trek from the main road. The deodar forest around nagdev temple is a scenic beauty and once in a lifetime opportunity. Other good trek is from the knadoliya to Ransi stadium. This trek is actually just behind the mountain on which Pauri is situated. The is a breathtaking view of valley from this trek. Another trek will start from Kyunkaleshwar Mandir. Half and Hour Trek with incredible scenary of Lwalli Ghatti.
- Ambrosia - Near main bus stand pauri. It provides variety of food including indian, chinese etc.
- Relish - This is the best restaurant in Pauri. It is situated at Mall Road around 1 kms from main bus stand. It has a good variety of veg an non veg cuisines.
- Great Value Restaurant - This is situated in Upper Bazaar near Agency Chowk. This hotel is not highly recommended since the service is very poor and atmosphere around also is not very good for family customers.
- Madhuban - Situated in Mall Road. A Family restaurant. There is a Hotel also