| || |
* <sleep name="Anchalee Inn" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="http://www.anchaleeinn.com/" checkin="" checkout="" price="600-3,600 depending on room and season">Basic, clean, en suite rooms with no windows at south end of beach. About 15 min walk from Bangla Road. Helpful staff.</sleep>
* <sleep name="Anchalee Inn" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="http://www.anchaleeinn.com/" checkin="" checkout="" price="600-3,600 depending on room and season">Basic, clean, en suite rooms with no windows at south end of beach. About 15 min walk from Bangla Road. Helpful staff.</sleep>
| || |
Revision as of 21:50, 9 February 2013
The south end of Patong Beach
Patong (หาดป่าตอง pronounced bpaa dtaawng) is the largest beach resort on the island of Phuket. This article also includes Kalim, a series of small beaches just north of Patong.
Patong is a party capital of Asia, with a world famous night life and a great beach. Mostly made up of hotels, world class restaurants, nightclubs and various tourist attractions, this is a hedonists' heaven of night life, with numerous entertainment complexes and countless bars clustered together in and around Bangla Road and the beach road. The town has a very obvious female, transgender and male sex industry to cater to every taste, however to only view it as this is a mistake, it offers so much more, for families and couples too.
Massage parlours of the erotic as well the therapeutic (Nuad Thai) genre provide less alcohol/drug infested venues for punters and wellness seekers. One can even find masseuses practising this medical art atop bamboo mats on the beach sands (100 baht and up).
Prices are higher than in Phuket Town, but there's more budget accommodation here than at the more southerly beaches.
This may not be a good destination for the average backpacker, except in the rainy season when prices are far lower. However this is not Patong's stated market, it is fairly and squarely aimed at holidaymakers and does it rather well.
Rooming houses ('mansions') a few blocks inland provide nice, clean air-con rooms and suites as cheaply as 300 baht/day (less without air-con), or 3,000-10,000 baht/month. However Patong has every type of accommodation imaginable, from home stays to 5 star palaces.
Beach Road and the immediate surrounding areas were hit hard by the December 2004 tsunami, however the only signs now remaining are the "tsunami" titles on sale at the VCD/DVD vendors.
Phuket Island in general and Patong Beach in particular are visited about once per year by ships of the United States Navy. The sailors are generally well behaved and are policed by their own Shore Patrol. As Phuket is not considered big enough, very large navy ships usually visit Pattaya instead.
Patong's three main axes are the aptly named Beach Road (Thanon Thawiwong) and Thanon Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi (the last bit means "200 years" and is pronounced song roi bee) running parallel a few hundred metres inland, bisected at the midpoint by the world famous Soi Bangla.
Running parallel to the Beach Road and Rat-U-Thit about half a kilometre inland is Nanai Rd which is the residential expatriate area and has many cheaper guest houses and hotels. The restaurants on this road tend to be cheaper as well as beers which can be had for 50 baht a bottle generally.
Between Nanai Rd and Rat-U-Thit is the new bypass road which is almost open, suitable for motorbikes at present and braver car owners. This road runs behind the huge Jungceylon shopping centre and past the local fresh fish and vegetable market 'Baanzan', well worth a visit if you are self catering.
Phuket International Airport is 35 km to the north of Patong. "Limousine" taxis from the airport to Patong are a steep 600 baht (45 min); meter-taxis 400+ baht (from the meter-taxi stand at the airport: ignore the touts and turn right as you exit the terminal); shared minibuses limit the damage to 150 baht (but 180 baht in the Patong to airport direction, presuming you book through an agency). An even cheaper (however, also more time consuming) option is to take the comfortable air conditioned airport shuttle bus to Phuket Town (85 baht, 1 hr), and switch there to a local bus to Patong (see "By bus" section, below). Alternatively, if you know the right road, you can get off the bus after you pass the Big C shopping centre on the right (the airport bus goes to the left there, and the road to Kathu and then Patong is to the right from the same intersection), and try to catch a local bus to Patong there, which also passes that intersection. Local buses to Patong are clearly marked in English and in Thai.
Regular buses connect to Phuket Town (25 baht, 30-45 minutes) every 30 minutes or so between 07:00 and 18:00. The route starts from the southern end of the beach, after which the bus crawls through town (via Bangla Road), stopping to pick up passengers, before finally heading off across the hills, and going via Kathu, then passing near Big C before entering the Phuket Town.
In Phuket Town, those buses are usually waiting for passengers near the local market (1.5 km west of the Phuket bus station), however, some huge (almost bus-sized) songthaews marked "Phuket - Patong" were seen near Phuket bus station too. If you're coming by public bus from other areas in Thailand (like Bangkok or Surat Thani), or if you are coming on the airport bus, you will end up in this bus station. Local motorbike taxi drivers can and will offer fares like 40 baht to the market or 250 baht straight to Phuket - just walk (there's a city map in the terminal), bargain hard, or just wait for an arriving songthaew; even if he's not going to Patong, he will drop you to the bus station for no more than 20 baht, or probably 10 baht if there's more than 2-3 of you.
To get to the market from where the large songthaews go, turn right into Phang Nga Rd on leaving the bus station and walk to where the road ends. Turn left then right at the roundabout immediately after. Walk along this road and you will see them several hundred metres along. Choose the one to the beach you want. The ones returning from Patong will arrive here, but if enough persons want to go to the bus station (in our case six persons) we were charged an extra 10 baht each and were dropped off there. Some songthaews come into the bus station heading to Patong, as well as a couple parked and then leaving next to the airport bus.
Limousine usually refers to a larger sedan or saloon car, such as a Toyota Camry, with leather seats. They cost around 600-700 baht to go to Kata Beach. Considering the drive is about an hour long, this is one of the best options to get to Kata Beach.
Patong can just about be covered on foot, but there are plenty of taxis and motorbikes to get you around. The cost of these is one of the main downsides to Patong as they are unregulated and charge what they please.
Phuket has two types of taxi: a multitude of small songthaew-style minivans which are usually bright red or occasionally bright yellow, and very few conventional sedan-style taxis which are yellow and red, with a "TAXI-METER" sign on top.
The minivans have no meter, and their drivers are notoriously mercenary, so always agree a price beforehand and do bargain hard. Short hops typically cost 200 baht since the one-way system was implemented.
For longer distances the metered taxis are generally more suitable.
Motorbike taxi rides within Patong start around 40 baht, though for any lengthy distance you might find it hard to get a ride for less than 100 baht.
There are many types of beaches on Phuket, if one wants unspoiled and natural then Patong is not your kind of place, but there are many unspoiled beaches in the north and south of this beautiful island. Patong is for those of you who like a developed resort with a wonderful night life.
- Kalim Beach (หาดกะหลิม Hat Kalim). Just north of Patong Bay, starting from about the Novotel Phuket Resort Patong to Thavorn Beach Village, this area consists of rocky but quiet beaches, and an interesting road leading up into hills with high viewpoints and a few good quality restaurants perched on the edge and top. Some housing compounds are now being built on the hillsides and the whole area is steadily moving upmarket.
- Cocktails and Dreams, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Road (near Bangla, opposite the Pizza Company and underneath Seduction Discotheque), ☎ You can talk to Jim at +66 83 5974001 in English or Ning Nong at +66 81 8955242 in Thai or English., . 20:00 till late. See a ladyboy cabaret for free. You may also like the free-wheeling, highly eccentric, no holds-barred website.
- Simon Cabaret, 8 Sirirach Road. Patong Beach, Kathu, ☎ +66 76 342011-5, . 3 times daily: 18:00, 19:45, and 21:30. Set designs are outstanding, costumes extravagant and the performers glamorous! Luxurious and intimate theatre with hi-tech sound and lighting equipment. International show featuring modern and traditional acts from around the globe in English and other languages. You will leave confused as our performers are more manly than you, and even more of a woman too. VIP Seat: Adult, 800 baht; Children, 600 baht; Regular seat: Adult, 700 baht; Children, 500 baht.
Massage and spa
- Oriental de Phuket, 2nd floor of 49/145 Raj-U-Thid 200 Pi Road (at the entrance of Deevana Patong Resort & Spa), ☎ +66 76 290387-8, . 10:00-22:00. High-end services are Thai-style with 24 beds for Thai massage, 16 private rooms for oil massage and foot massage. Free pick-up in the Patong area. Pricey: 800 baht for a foot massage and up from there.
Snorkelling and scuba diving
- The Phuket Dive Shop, Patong Beach, ☎ +66 87 8882789 (email@example.com), . Liveaboard at Phuket and Similans. PADI Scuba and IDC Courses. Scuba & Snorkelling for the whole family. On-line bookings 10% discount.
- Phuket-Diver, . Snorkelling and scuba diving, gear rental, maps and information.
- Thailand Divers, . Day trips to Ko Racha Yai for either scuba diving or snorkelling. A full day trip can provide amazing scenery both above and below the surface. Trips are available daily, all year round.
- Underwater Holidays-Similan Islands Liveaboards, ☎ +66 76 292052, . Scuba diving holidays to the Similan National Marine Park.
- Jet-skiing, para-sailing and other water-sports. Be very careful when renting a jet-ski in Phuket. There is a well-known and notorious scam where tourists are falsely accused of damaging the jet skis and extorted out of huge sums of money (in the many tens of thousands of baht). The extortionists are extremely persistent and are known to use threats of physical violence and the police will not help because they get a cut of the proceeds. See . The general consensus seems to be that to stay safe you should *not* rent a jet ski in Thailand and if you do make sure it is through an agency you trust, eg your hotel (if you trust your hotel). Note: There is no insurance when renting a jet-ski.
- Patong Language School, 5/11-12 Had Patong Road (two minutes walk from the beach), ☎ +66 76 340373, . M-F 09:00-19:00, Sa 10:00-16:00. Great school! Teaches languages (Thai, English, German, and Japanese. Rates depend on group or private and length of study). Approved by the Thai Ministry of Education, accredited by CSN Sweden, and Bildungsurlaub Germany.
One of Patong's main attractions, besides the night life, is shopping. Patong Beach transforms into a large night bazaar every evening, when all the main roads become clogged with stalls selling handicrafts, silk scarves, sarongs and a variety of beach clothes, leisure wear, leather goods and luggage, CDs, etc. Bargain hard for anything you buy from these stalls, as everything is negotiable in Patong and starting prices are often ridiculously high. Get a local to help you haggle rather than complain about it. Shopping at shopping malls in Phuket is a lot safer and cost effective. The price of a pair of sunglasses for example will be the same price as stalls on beach road, and will not be a bargain.
Fake goods from the many stalls are all over the place, and normally of poor quality. The Thai government recently introduced a new law making it a criminal offence to buy or sell pirated goods. Although no cases involving tourists have been reported the risk does exist that goods that violate intellectual property rights may be liable to confiscation at the airport.
- Jungceylon (จังซีลอน), 181 Rat-U-Thit Road (near the northern end of Bangla Rd), . Patong's first full-fledged modern, air conditioned shopping mall, complete with 200 shops, integrated hotel, etc. The food court in the basement has various types of local food, mostly Indian and Thai. It is a good value commercial canteen in style with tables in the middle and food vendors set into walls around table area.
- Ocean Plaza Bangla Patong. Small department store on Bangla Road.
- Patong OTOP Shopping Paradise, Rat-U-Thit Road (south end). You might be excused for thinking that this has something to do with the "One Tambon, One Product" scheme to promote local industry, but rather this market sells exactly the same copies of branded clothes and mass-produced handicrafts as everybody else. However, there is a fairly wide selection to choose from.
- Jaspal Tailor, (off Bangla Road), . Get a designer-style suit or dress made for comparatively low cost.
- RK Tailor and Fashions, ☎ +66 76 344543, . 11:00-23:00. An experienced and high quality bespoke tailor.
Patong offers an amazingly cosmopolitan array of eating options, including Arabic, French, German, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Scandinavian and many others. By Thai standards the prices are high at about 150 baht for basic meals such as fried rice. Seafood is priced by weight and is not cheap either. There is a good food court at Jungceylon (See Buy).
- 99 Seafood Restaurant, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Road (opposite the Royal Paradise Hotel). An open-air restaurant that has excellent seafood selections. The prices are fairly low, and the place is usually busy at night.
- The 9th Floor Restaurant & Bar, Sky Inn Condotel, 47 Rat-U-Thit Road, ☎ +66 76 344311 (after 16:00), . The 9th Floor is an open air restaurant in Phuket and has a 270 degree panoramic view of Patong. Has a varied menu of Mediterranean and international dishes, a large selection of wines and a humidor with Cuban cigars.
- Ali Baba and Ali Baba 2, 2 Ruamchai Road and 206/17 Rat-U-Thit Road. These two restaurants have two separate menus for two separate cuisines, namely Indian and Arabic. Both locations offer air-con inside and smoking waterpipes outside. Watch out for the 150 baht portions of rice and tomato-heavy curries which may not be to everyone's taste. Appetizers 60-100 baht, mains around 200-350 baht.
- Baan Rim Pa, Prabaramee Road, ☎ +66 76 340789, . Impressive wooden carving decor, fabulous location on the cliff, excellent Thai Food.
- Baan Yin Dee Restaurant, 7/5 Muen Ngen Road, ☎ +66 76 294104 (-5), . Baan Yin Dee offers a fusion of European and Thai food in a warm and relaxed atmosphere, with a discreet ambience and outstanding service.
- Casablanca Restaurant (ร้านอาหาร คาซาบลังกา), 135/23 Rat-U-Thit Road, ☎ +66 76 340666. Arabian cuisine.
- La Diva, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road (is in a dead-end alley off Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee). It is a bit off the beaten path but you can find it right next to an Austrian, a Belgian and a Mexican restaurant at the bend of the alley. La Diva itself has a Latin theme and plays Latin pop non-stop, however the menu is entirely Thai.
- Floyd's Brasserie, (at Burasari Resort), ☎ +66 76 370000, .
- Green House and Balcony Restaurant, Bangla Road. Extensive menu covering Thai and Western food, plus pastries and snacks from the in-house bakery. Terrace seating outside and air-con restaurant inside. A bit pricey though with most everything over 100 baht. 100+ baht.
- Karlsson's Restaurant & Steak House, Soi Patong Tower, 108/16 Taweewong Road, . 15:00-00:00 daily. A good choice for imported steaks and Scandinavian specialities.
- Lim's Restaurant & Bar, Kalim Beach (follow Beach Road out of Patong, turn right at Soi 7 after Kalim Beach, on your right 500m into the soi), . 18:30-22:30 daily. Lim's is a nice hide-away from the busy streets of Patong, with modern Thai cuisine served. LIM's also has an adjacent art gallery of modern style.
- Oceanview Restaurant, Patong Lodge, 284/1 Prabaramee Road, . 11:00-00:00 daily. Serving various kind of international and Thai food. Good value for money.
- The Old Fisherman's, Novotel Phuket Resort (at Kalim Beach). 18:30-22:30 daily. This restaurant has Thai and international food. Reasonable prices for a hotel outlet.
- Patong Seafood Restaurant, 130 Thaweewong Road, ☎ +66 76 341244/5. One of the finest seafood restaurants on Phuket serving local delicacies.
- The Roma, (down one of the little streets along Patong but easy to see as you do go past MacDonalds). Good for imported Italian pasta and pizza, has indoor and outdoor seating.
- Sam's Steak House, Holiday Inn Resort, 52 Thaweewong Road, . 18:00-22:15 daily. Sam's serves the finest steaks only from top quality Australian and US beef, free salad bar with all steak orders. Moderate to high price depending on the kind of food ordered but good value.
- Savoey (เสวย), 136 Thaweewong Rd, ☎ +66 76 341171, . One of the better seafood restaurants in Patong.
- Spice House, Jungceylon Shopping Centre, Rat-U-Thit Road. 12:00-22:00 daily. Offers authentic Russian, modern Thai and traditional Japanese cuisine.
- The Yorkshire Inn, Soi Sansabai. Serves good European and British food, and an amazing Sunday lunch which is repeated on Wednesday.
Patong's nightlife spills out in all directions but the centre of the maelstrom is Bangla Road and its four sois - Crocodile, Eric, Gonzo, and Seadragon, packed with a frenetic mix of pubs, beer bars, and go-go bars. Soi Crocodile is also known as Soi Katoey, a reference to its many transexuals. There are also a couple of good nightclubs with dance floors, a rarity in Thailand. Watch out for the lady bars in Bangla, a few of them offer cocktails but the drinks are known to be spiked by the aggressive "ladyboys".
- Irish Bar, (on Beach Road). Another nice and less expensive place, though not with a view of the beach. One of the only places in Patong to sell Guinness, it also has a Celtic cross made with Guinness cans.
- Molly Malone's. A nice place to sit down and have a decent pint or two. The prices are a bit high, but if you need some good pub food and want to sit back and watch the human traffic plus the great music band, this is a good enough pub.
- Rock City, (at the very top of Bangla Road, opposite end from the beach,). A palace built to rock music. They promise to 'rock your ass off' and they do with excellent rock tribute bands. It's like going to a mini gig every night. A bit pricey but well worth it..
- Saxophone - on the beach road is the little brother of Bangkok's most famous live music venue. They have top quality Jazz, Blues, funk and soul outfits there each night and the place is very well designed. Can be hit and miss with the bands but usually very good quality.
- De Tapas Bar, 91/1 Nanai Road, ☎ +66 84 8522404, . 22:00-24:00. Only Spanish restaurant on the island of Phuket, with Spanish chef. Medium prices, high food quality 220 baht.
There is a sex industry, but it easily avoided if you stay off Bangla Road. It's populated with curious voyeurs and sex tourists.
- Andaman Queen (อันดามัน ควีน) Patong Beach (a Go Go Cabaret)
- Atrium Lobby Lounge (แอทริม ลอบบี้ เล้าจ์) ☎ +66 76 233333, Fax:+66 76 233335 (hotel lobby cafe & restaurant)
- Banana Disco (บานาน่า ดิสโก้) Patong Beach
- Baya Beach Disco (บายา บีช ดิสโก้) Patong Beach
- Clublime Disco, Patong beach road, ☎ +66 87 871195 (disco)
- La Saisa Bar (ลา ใสสา บาร์) Patong Beach
- Old Dutch Bar (โอ ดัช บาร์) Patong Beach
- New Star Club (นิว สตาร์ คลับ) Patong Beach, Bangla Rd
- Little Aussie Town Aussie Bar - OTOP Shopping Paradise, Rat-U-Thit 200 Year Road, Patong Beach 
- Reggae Bar (แรกเก้ บาร์) End of soi Seadragon, Bangla Rd, Patong Beach
- Relics Pub (รีลิกซ์ ผับ) Patong Beach, Sai Namyen Road
- Rock Hard (ร๊อค ฮาร์ด) Patong Beach, Bangla Rd (a go-go bar)
- Siam Indigo Bar & Restaurant (สยาม อินดิโก้ บาร์ แอนด์ เรสเตอร์รอง) ☎ +66 76 256697, Fax:+66 76 256697 (exotic hotel & restaurant)
- Tai Pan Bar (ไทยป่าน บาร์) Patong Beach (a go-go bar)
- Tiger Disco (ไทเกอร์ ดิสโก้) Patong Beach, Bangla Road
- YoYo's Bar (โยโย่ บาร์) Patong Beach
- Banana Disco, Thanon Thawiwong (50 m south of Bangla Road) - entry 300 baht, including 2 drinks. Small, but good DJ.
- D Club, Soi Crocodile, Bangla Rd  - recently opened nightclub under joint Thai/Swedish ownership
- Hollywood Club, Bangla Road  - Popular, pulling in many of the nearby bar girls after work, and a lot of young tourists. Plays dance and contemporary pop music, unfortunately not over the best sound system/acoustics. Features 'prize throw' giveaways.
- Pinky Bar,  the most famous bar of Bangla Road in Soi crocodile, dance music and lap dances.
- Tai Pan, the granddaddy of all Patong's discos and is always very busy, at the top of Soi Bangla at the traffic lights.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:
|| Under 1,000 baht
|| 1,000 baht to 2,500 baht
|| Over 2,500 baht
Accommodation is rather expensive during the peak season with simple air-con rooms ranging from 500-1,500 baht; fan rooms start around 300 baht but availability is limited. In the low season, air-con rooms are easily found from around 300 baht and up. You can usually get a better deal for the more expensive rooms by using one of the local travel shops. It pays to haggle with them.
- Haven Lagoon, 6/7 sirirad rd patong, ☎ +66806932833, . Apartment for rent near Simon cabaret and the Life spa massage with Two swimming pools, 24h security and a Fitness center. 1200-1500 THB depending on season.
- Anchalee Inn, . Basic, clean, en suite rooms with no windows at south end of beach. About 15 min walk from Bangla Road. Helpful staff. 600-3,600 depending on room and season.
- Andaman Place Guest House, (firstname.lastname@example.org), . A friendly, clean, safe guesthouse situated at Patong Beach. All rooms have air-con, refrigerator and cable TV.
- Arimana Hotel, 64/1 Nanai Road, Patong Beach, Kathu. (close to Jungceylon (big department store in Patong Beach and Banzaan Market), ☎ +66 76 342 782 (email@example.com, fax: +66 76 342707), . Well-isolated from noisy traffic of beach road. Easily accessible by car and public transport, Wi-Fi, cable and swimming pool.
- Baan Nitra Guesthouse, 47 Nanai Road, Patong Beach (next to Royal Crown Resort), ☎ +66 81 0812000, . Al1 rooms and 2 dorm rooms with 2 bunk beds each (4 people/room), one shower and a big fan. Each bed has a locker. Clean simple and cheap. 199 baht. (7.893053990132159,98.30482721328735)
- Golden Buddha Guesthouse, 157/9 Nanai Road (close to Mae Ubol and Banzaan Market), ☎ +66 84 8431776 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Comfortable rooms, easy bus trip to the beach, no joiner fee, Wi-Fi, cable, food and coffee downstairs. 700-1,100 baht.
- The Grand Orchid Inn-Patong Beach, 78/17-18 Soi Dr Wattana, Beach Road, ☎ +66 76 292350, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. 50 m from Patong Beach and very close to the entertainment of Bangla Road. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, air-con, mini-bar, satellite TV, complimentary bottled water and free beach towel use. 600 baht.
- Hollywood Beach Hotel, 10/3 Sawatdirak zroad Patong Beach, ☎ +66 76 341718, . 28 full air-con units including superior room and deluxe room at economical rates, all have balcony, cable TV and mini bar. Internet, pool table and professional massage room. From 1,700.
- Hotel Orchid Residence, 171/22 Soi Sansabai Road, Patong Beach,, ☎ +66 76 345176, . air-con,TV, DVD, Wi-Fi. 100 m to nightlife on Bangla Rd. Low season from 650 baht. High season from 1,500 baht.
- Patong Palmview Resort'', 135/1 Nanai Road, ☎ +66 76 344837, . 20 spacious rooms on the lower slopes of the mountains of Patong Beach Bay. 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. Hotel swimming pool. 711-3,000 baht.
- Patong Sunbeach Hotel, 207/4 Soi 6 Nanai Road Patong Beach, ☎ +66 76 292912, . 16 rooms and 2 big apartments, all of which have balcony, air-conditioner, cable TV, DVD player and mini bar. Jacuzzi/bath in the tropical garden, Internet kiosk in the bar. Airport transfers. From 1,755 baht.
- Hotel Swiss Garden, 169/20 Soi Sansabai (100 m to Bangla Road nightlife), ☎ +66 76 345176 (fax: +66 76 345177), . Low-season 650 baht, high-season 1,500 baht.
- Sea Blue Phuket Hostel and Guesthouse, 74/11 Soi Banzaan. (250 m behind Jungceylon Mall, near the corner of Banzaan Market Road and Nanai Road), ☎ +66 76 344405 (email@example.com, fax: +66 76 344405), . Private rooms and shared hostel dormitory rooms. Clean, quiet and safe. Free Wi-Fi, lockers, cable TV, friendly, relaxed atmosphere. 150 baht for shared hostel dorm beds (300 in high season), private rooms and family rooms from 450 baht, varies by season. (+7.890057,+98.303411)
- SquareOne, 241/34 Rat-U-Thit Road, ☎ +66 76 341486 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +66 76 340873), . Swimming pool, Wi-Fi, free Internet.
- Tanawan Phuket Hotel, 162/44-45 Phung Muang Sai Kor Road, ☎ +66 76 322850-1 (email@example.com, fax: +66 76 322852), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. 5 minute drive from Patong Beach and Jungceylon Shopping Mall. Has a fitness centre, sauna and non-smoking rooms with a 32-inch flat-screen TV. Free Wi-Fi and free parking. Low-season 650 baht, high season 1,500 baht. ]
- The Tavern, 104/37 Thaweewong Road Patong Beach. (end of Soi Post Office, 100 m from beach), ☎ +66 89 8681073 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +66 76 344491), . Rooms above a bar run by a Thai/British couple, close to the beach. air-con, minibar, hot water. From 500 baht (low season). ]
- Add Mansion, (แอ๊ด แมนชั่น), 209/25-26 Rat-Uthit 200 Pi Road. ☎ +66 76 29430, +66 76 294431. 15 rooms. From 1,300-1,500 baht.
- Aloha Villa, (อโลฮา วิลล่า), 145/2 Rat-Uthit 200 Pi Road. ☎ +66 76 345 733, +66 76 345742. (fax: +66 76 345743) , 121 rooms. From 1,100-2,500 baht
- Amici Miei Hotel, Soi Banzaan 74/38, ☎ +66 76 296062. Italian owner. Clean & stylish rooms. Located only 1 min. from the main shopping mall, but that means also at the far end of things from the beaches, so expect a ~20 min. walk. Street-side rooms can be noisy. From 1,300 baht for double.
- Bamboo Beach Hotel and Spa, 2 Soi Prabaramee 7, Prabaramee Road, ☎ +66 76 344380, . 38 rooms in three low-rise buildings surrounded by a tropical garden. Each room has air-con, mini-bar, satellite TV, coffee & tea making facilities and a safety deposit box.
- The Belle Resort, 104/31-33 Soi Prisanee, Thaweewong Road, Kathu. (Patong Beach), ☎ +66 76 292782, . Rooms have a modern design, air-con, cable TV, and a coffee/tea maker. High-speed Internet, swimming pool, and massage service. From 1,500 baht.
- C&N Hotel, 151 Rat-U-Thit Song Roi Pi Rd., Patong Beach. (on its own soi about 50 m from the corner of Bangla Road). . ☎ +66 76 341892, +66 76 341893, (fax +66 76 341 895). 3 storey hotel with friendly management. Double glazed throughout and therefore relatively peaceful at night in spite of its location in the heart of the night life action. Has its own massage parlour, restaurant and beauty salon in addition to free overnight parking facilities. Complimentary free airport transfer for bookings of 3 days or more. Rooms from 1,000 baht.
- Citin Plaza Patong, 34/50-57 Prachanukhro Rd (walking distance to Patong Beach), ☎ +66 76 358100 (email@example.com, fax: +66 76 358199), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: noon. Location is good, a short walk to Patong beach, 248 rooms hotel with roof-top swimming pools, a restaurant, bistro cafe serving local and international food. Bar lounge and a gym. 1,550+ baht.
- Citrus Heights Patong, 160/36 Phang Muang Sai Kor Road (walking distance to Patong Beach), ☎ +66 76 358000 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +66 76 358099), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. 77 rooms hotel with large rooms, quite modern facilities and has private balconies overlooking the mountains. Swimming pool; car park. Close to restaurants and pubs.
- Club Bamboo Boutique Resort, 247/ 1-8 Nanai Road, ☎ +66 76 345345, +66 76 345346, . 46 air- con rooms, a bathtub or Jacuzzi, satellite TV, 24 hr in-house movie channel, IDD telephone, Internet, and a veranda or balcony. Swimming pool and waterfall, spa & fitness centre and 24 hr reception.
- KN Guesthouse, ☎ +66 76 294151, . (off Ratuthid Road on Soi Jintana, near the Paradise complex). Swimming pool and restaurant. Squeaky clean and great hosts. From 1,200 baht.
- Komma Bar & Guest house, (south end of the main Patong strip, across the road from the beach). Food, warm vibes and hotel quality rooms for 1,400 baht.
- Mussee Patong Hotel, 34/44 Prachanukrao Road, Katu, ☎ +66 90 4799053, . Superior and deluxe rooms, all equipped with air-con, 32-inch LCD TV and telephone. The Chali Restaurant & bar, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and free Wi-Fi. From 1,700 baht.
- Patong Paragon Resort & Spa, 280 Prabaramee Road, Patong, Kathu., ☎ +66 76 290555, . 7 suites and 114 rooms have modern spacious tropical interiors, large bathrooms and balconies most of which overlook the sea and the beach.
- Phuvaree Resort, 20/45-49 Siriraj Road, ☎ +66(0) 76 294 099, . All rooms have air conditioning, refrigerator, balcony, LCD TV, IDD telephone, mini bar, safety box and WI-FI internet. Some of its facilities and services are Varee swimming pool, exercise room, bar, Chomvaree restaurant, baby sitting, free shuttle bus from hotel to Patong Beach, internet service, money exchange, medical on call service, room service and airport transportation. Rates start at 2000.00 THB.
- Phuket Tropical Inn, 147/1 Nanai Road. Baankanchana 6, Patong Beach, ☎ +66 88 7651826, . A relatively new small boutique hotel. 12 good sized, clean rooms in a quiet corner of Nanai Road.
- Patong Inn, 128 Taweewong Road ☎ +66 76 292545. Right in the middle of everything, just across the road from the beach and steps away from Bangla Road. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable. 2,000 baht including breakfast for 2 people.
- Patong Lodge Hotel, 284/1 Prabaramee Road ☎ +66 76 341020, . On a hill between the end of Patong and Kalim beaches, overlooking the Andaman Sea. Walking distance to the beach, 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. From 1,000-5,000 baht.
- Patong Palmview Resort, 135/1 Nanai Road, ☎ +66 76 344837, . 20 spacious rooms in the foothills of Patong, 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. Swimming pool and relaxation area. 790-3,000 baht.
- Sensive Hill Hotel, 79/67 Moo 6, Kathu, ☎ +66 76 203012, . air-con rooms, bathroom with shower, cable TV, mini-bar, Internet, telephone, radio, hair dryer, safe and daily breakfast. Restaurant, bar, 2 outdoor swimming pools, fitness room and parking. From 1,900 baht.
- Silver Resortel, 3/37 Sawadirak Road, ☎ +66 76 341200, +66 76 341201 (email@example.com), . The rooms are decorated in Asian and Lanna style. From 1,000 baht.
- Yorkshire Inn, . Nice people and great rooms and suites starting from 1,200 baht.
- Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort (แอ็บโซลูท ซีเพิร์ล บีช รีสอร์ท), 42/11 Taveewong Rd, ☎ +66 76 341901-10 (fax: +66 76 341122), . 65 rooms. 3,000-10,500 baht..
- Amari Coral Beach Resort (อมารี คอรัล บีช รีสอร์ท), 2 Mun-Ngoen Rd, ☎ +66 76 340106-10 (fax: +66 76 340115), . The only resort up on the small hill at the east end of Patong Beach away from the noise of the town. Very peaceful. Nice staff. 4,140+ baht.
- Andaman Beach Suites Hotel (อันดามัน บีช สวีท), 60/12 Rat-Uthit Rd, ☎ +66 76 341879-83 (fax: +66 76 340893), . 91 rooms 4,500-18,000 baht.
- Burasari, 18/110 Ruamjai Rd, ☎ +66 76 292929, . Boutique resort in a quiet soi on the south side of Patong. 15 m from the beach. Swimming pool, deluxe pool access rooms. 4,600-6,800 baht.
- Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, 43/2 Raj-U-Thid 200 Pee Rd, ☎ +66 76 341414-5,, . On 12 acres of tropical gardens on Patong Beach. 45 minutes from Phuket International Airport and a 10 minute walk to Patong beach. 4,700-6,600 baht.
- Diamond Cliff Resort, 284 Prabaramee Rd (north end of Patong on the hillside above the town), ☎ +66 76 340501-6, . Views of Kalim Beach. 333 rooms and suites in 20 acres of gardens, all with private balconies. Low-season from 5,797 baht for double/twin rooms.
- Holiday Inn Resort, . 30 min from Phuket town in its own grounds and near Patong Beach. 265-room main wing or 140 studio and villa rooms in the Busakorn wing with 2 swimming pools. 3,700-5,600 baht..
- Horizons Patong Beach Resort, 64/39 Thaweewong Rd, ☎ +66 76 292526, . 160 rooms in 1-3 storey buildings. All rooms have bathtub/shower, toiletries, cable TV and air-con. 2,700+ baht.
- Impiana Phuket Cabana, 41 Taweewongse Rd, ☎ +66 76 340138, . Boutique resort at Patong Beach. 70 rooms with full services and amenities. From 8,500 baht for a superior, Patong-facing room. 15,400 baht/night for Impiana suite..
- Novotel Phuket, . Next to the Diamond Cliff with views over Patong Beach and the sea. 6 restaurants including the "Old Fisherman" seafood restaurant. 215 rooms. From 3,260 baht..
- The Par Phuket, 91/155 Vichitsongkram Rd, Moo 7, Kathu, ☎ +66 76 510960-62, . Rooms equipped with air conditioning, refrigerator, shower, telephone, satellite TV, private balcony, safety deposit box, hot and cold water. Swimming pool, spa, parking area, restaurant, bar, room service, free Wi-Fi, complimentary shuttle bus to Patong, laundry and dry cleaning service. 1,800-2,500 baht.
- Patong Beach Lodge, 207/21-25, 207/29-31 Rat-u-thid Road, ☎ +66 76 292400, . A swimming pool is a short walk from the rooms. 2,800 baht.
- Royal Phawadee Village, 3 Sawatdirak Road., ☎ +66 76 344622 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Thai-style pavilions are placed strategically throughout the resort leaving pleasant open green spaces. 2,500+ baht.
- Thavorn Beach Village & Spa, . Beach and sea views. 119 villas and 75 bungalows.
- Kamala — next beach to the north
- Karon — next beach to the south
- Khao Lak — two hours to the north, well-regarded for its diving opportunities
- Ko Phi Phi — are a popular day trip via tour packages
- Phuket Town
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!