Paros is a major island of the Cyclades group.
A view of some of the same roads in the capital, Parikia
Paros is a Greek island in the Cyclades group, neighbouring Naxos and is one of the most popular holiday destinations for visitors to the Greek islands.
Paros is the second largest island of the Cyclades. It has an area of 196 square kilometres and a coastline 120km long.
The island has the advantage of being located centrally in the Cyclades near Naxos, Ios, Sifnos and Syros. Most of the ferries to Naxos and Santorini make a stop first at Paros.
The island is the third in popularity of the group. First are Santorini and Mykonos.
Paros is considered as one of the most beautiful islands of the Cyclades. It is characterized by the many beaches and also the charming villages: Parikia (the main town), Naoussa, Lefkes, Marpissa and other. Naoussa is an old fishing village turned into a cosmopolitan top holiday destination. The village is characterized by its Venetian port and its many fish restaurants. The architecture of the area is also incredible.
In Paros most of the population can speak English except the older generation. In many bars, pubs, restaurants and shops there is somebody who speaks English, Italian, or German.
Ferries and Highspeed catamaran services  run daily from Piraeus, Cyclades and Heraklion - Crete island.
Many travelers probably don’t even consider Rafina a possible departure port if they are heading to one of the Cyclades, but if you are arriving at the airport of Athens you are often better off taking a ferry from Rafina than traveling to Athens and get a ferry from Piraeus.
The ferry landing is haunted by dozens of room-hawkers, and is manic. If you arrive during a high wind and/or at night, it can all be a bit overwhelming. Know where you're going, and book ahead.
Olympic Airways  and AirSea Lines  operate a daily air service from Athens.
Within the resorts walking is the best method of transport. Bus services operate between the towns. Car hire is readily available in all towns and is relatively cheap.
Don't miss the church of Panagia Ekatontapiliani which means the church of 100 doors , in Parikia (very close to the harbour) a 4th century monument, rebuilt after the earthquake of 1773. The original church was built by St. Helen , the mother of St. Constantine, according to the legend .
The old town of Parikia is considered to be the biggest in the Cyclades island. You will find alleys untouched from the touristic wave that reduces the beauty of these settlements.
Lefkes village is in the middle of the island with many nice tavernas, and beautiful alleys.
From Lefkes you can take a very nice walk at the old stones of the Byzantine Route down to Prodromos.
A fantastic place to take the kids is Aqua Park. Boats leave hourly from Naoussa and takes approximately 15 minutes.
Visit as many beaches as you can, don't stay in one every day. Every beach has a different feeling. Try Farangas, Parasporos, Krios, Kato yalos, Agia Irini, Logaras is very nice for families.
Paros is also famous for its watersports, specifically wind and kitesurfing. The eastern coastal town of Dryos with neighboring beaches of "chryssi akti" translated golden beach and "tserdakia" known as new golden beach are the most popular surfing destinations. The latter was the site of the 2000 and 2003 PWA IFCA international windsurfing championships as well as other international events. The location has once again been selected for the 2010 championships.
Tao's  is a retreat and meditation centre located on top of a hill, overlooking the Aegean Sea and the neighbouring islands. There are on-going daily activities, self-development seminars and a long-stay Work & Study program, along with Oriental-Thai cuisine and Cafe-Bar.
- See Naousa (Greek: Νάουσα)- is a village in the north eastern corner of the island of Paros.There are beautiful beaches and place of Naoussa with a fishing harbor and taverns is a beautiful, traditional and interesting
In front of the port of Naoussa is situated the unique Venetian castle of the 15th century, built during the dynasty of Sommaripa. As it is half-sunken beneath the surface of the sea remains a remarkable sight.
In Parikia's sea front you will find many nice tavernas with excellent food,exacly behind in the old town wander along the narrow streets with the many kind of shops, and the unique cycladic atmospfere.
Don't forget to seat in one of the many "Ouzeri" in Naoussa and taste Gouna fish and octopus in vinegar.
The Jazz Bar on Market St in Parikia serves a great Martini!
A popular place to watch the famous sunsets is the windmill bar by Pandrossos Hotel.
One favourite bar to watch the world go by is Pebbles jazz bar on the south harbour promenade.
Resalto bar A very nice bar in the port of Drios, plays the best rock music in Paros.
The Pirates bar in the narrow roads of the Market of Paroikia plays the best jazz music and offers a great lounge environment!
Alexandros Cafe This is a unique cafe in an old windmill, nowadays a cafe with magnificent view to the traditional settlement of Parikia and the sunset.
The main night life destination is the quaint town of Naoussa where you can enjoy a meal by the sea.
- Apollon Hotel Paros, Paroikia, ☎ 0030 694-8590908, . checkin: 12.00; checkout: 12.00. 3 star hotel with 23 fully equipped rooms. Traditional Cycladic style villas with panoramic views of the sea, the bay of Parikia and the surrounding islands. €20. (37.08933,25.157313)
- Ampeli Studios  Family run studios located in Parikia close to the beach and the port.
- Anna Platanou  This is a friendly family run accommodation offering rooms and apartments in Parikia close to the beach and the old town with sea view. Very nice and helpful owners.
- Argonauta Hotel, Paroikia, ☎ +30(22840)21440,22278 (fax: +30(22840)23442), . A pleasant family run hotel in a characterful building on a quiet square.
- Corali Hotel, Piso Livadi, ☎ +30 22840 41880, . checkin: 12:30PM; checkout: 11:30AM. €50.
- Dryades Gardens & Studios Drios  phone +30(22840)41422 mobile +30 694 848 0564. Located in the seaside village of Drios, these studio apartments operated by a young Greek-American family offer a clean, comfortable accommodation away from the crowds. All studios are equipped with a kitchenette, wc, air-conditioning, tv and a private balcony or terrace with an unobstructed ocean view. The 4 acre property is landscaped with a wide variety of flowers and fruit trees.
- EpiStudios Matsas Windmill, Naoussa, ☎ (+30) 210-6626878, 210-6026454, 22840-53017 (email@example.com), . A set of apartments, 150 meters from the beach of Aghii Anarghyri.
- Ragoussis House  - traditional Cycladic rooms, studios and apartments located on a small hill between the Logaras beach and Pounda Beach. The Athens-based owners are very helpful, and offer transfer to the hotel from both the port and the airport.
- Aloni Hotel, Piso Livadi, ☎ + 30 22840 43238, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. The Aloni Hotel is situated in the seaside village of Piso Livadi. It offers 37 furnished rooms, an apartment (up to 6 persons) and a suite that may host from 2 to 4 people, all of which are air-conditioned and have a veranda with sea view. €40-185.
- Manis Inn, Piperi beach, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 51744, . Situated on a sandy beach front known as Piperi Beach, just a five minute stroll from the port of Naoussa and the Main Square.
- Kallisti Paros hotels  is 400 meters from the center of Naoussa, overlooking the Aegean.
- Lefkes Village Hotel, Lefkes, ☎ +3022840 41827, +306932753415 (fax: +3022840 41827), . Hotel with 20 spacious rooms.
- Kalypso Hotel & Apartments, Agii Anargiri beach, Naousa, ☎ +30 22840 51777, . checkin: 12:30AM; checkout: 11:45 am.. Close to the fishing village of Naousa. Excellent view of the bay of Agii Anargyri and surroundings. High speed internet, satellite tv, A/C in every room, bar with outdoor seating.
- Zefi Hotel and Apartments, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 51789, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. The Zefi Hotel is a traditional complex of 38 rooms and apartments - Cycladic Island style - that offer visitors comfortable accommodations. Facilities include a swimming pool, jacuzzi, parking area, etc. €55-165.
- Kosmitis Hotel, Agii Anargyri - Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 52466, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. 4-star establishment 800 meters from Naoussa. 32 fully-equipped and traditionally styled rooms. 80-195 euro.
- Senia Hotel, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 51971, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. 4-star hotel with spacious rooms, apartments and suites that can accommodate from 2 to 6 persons. €50-260.
- Captain Nicolas, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 52340, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. Captain Nicolas Hotel Apartments and Studios complex are in the 4-star category. On the beach, with 18 spacious, comfortable and fully-equipped studios and apartments.
- Kallisti Rooms & Apartments, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 52219, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. Kallisti is an elegant hotel, located 400 meters from Naoussa, overlooking the Aegean Sea. All rooms and apartments are decorated and have a bathroom, a fridge, a TV, a phone, air-conditioning, and a veranda or a balcony with a seaview or mountain view. Facilities include a swimming pool, an indoor and outdoor cafe, and a lounge. Breakfast included. 55-140 euro.
- Paliomylos Hotel Apartments & Studios, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 51151, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. 50 meters from the beach. All hotel apartments and studios are air-conditioned and have a bathroom, a kitchen, a phone, a TV, a fridge, and a balcony or veranda with view of the sea. Visitors are provided with a swimming pool, a breakfast lounge, a bar, a living room, a café, a TV room, and a parking lot. from 65 euro.
- Sofia Pension Hotel, Parikia, ☎ +30 22840 22085, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. 4-star hotel, offers double and triple rooms with private balcony or veranda with a garden view. 70-120 euro.
- Villa Isabella Studios & Suites, Naoussa, . Offers standard and traditional self catering studios, superior and junior hotel suites with seaview.
- Astoria, Naoussa, . Our apartments are fully equipped with air-condition, TV and fridge. There is also a cafe bar and a restaurant that is in operation inside the hotel. Studios Astoria are only 50meters from the beach and from the center of Naousa, where is located the bus station.
- Archipelagos Resort hotel  is a 5-star hotel on the west coast of the island at the beach of Agia Eirini.
- Astir of Paros, Kolymbithres Beach, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 51976 (AstirILA@ila-chateau.com, fax: +30 22840 51985), . Five-star hotel with private beach, 57 rooms all with en-suite bathrooms, excellent food, art gallery, health spa. (37.12146,25.21645)
- Paros Villas Rentals  is a villa rental agency with an extensive selection of villas, vacation homes & holiday rentals and also offers Paros Yacht Charters and additional local services.
- Contaratos Beach Hotel, Agioi Anargiroi, Naousa, ☎ +30 22840 51693 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +30 2284 0 51740), . 4 star hotel next to the beach of Saint Anargiri.
Move on by boat to Naxos, Mykonos, Ios or Santorini.