Paris is a city in the Blackland Prairie region of North Texas.
- Sam Bell Maxey State Historic Site, 812 S. Church St., 903 785 5716, . A prime example of Victorian architecture, this 1868 home and gardens have been beautifully restored.
The downtown square and immediate vicinity have a lot of antique shops and boutiques.
- Crawford's Hole In the Wall, 202 3rd St NW, 903 737 9025. Lunch-only joint with good burgers.
- La Familia Mexican Restaurant, 303 20th St Ne, 903 737 0779. Possibly the best Tex-Mex in town.
- Fish Fry, 3500 NE Loop 286, 903 785 6144. Good southern fried catfish and some of the best steaks in town.
- Junk Saloon, 1212 19th St NW, 903 785 7800.
- Best Western Inn, 3755 N.E. Loop 286, 903 785 5566.
- Days Inn, 2650 N Main, 903 784 8164. Swimming pool.
- Hampton Inn Paris, 3563 N.E. Loop 286, 903 784 6536. Spacious rooms and a good complimentary breakfast.
- Pat Mayse State Park is about 12 miles north on US 271, offering boating, swimming, fishing, and hiking opportunities.