The 15th arrondissement of Paris is in the south-west of the city on the Left Bank of the river Seine.
The 15th, the largest arrondissement of central Paris, remains heavily residential, up-market and quiet - not a great deal of obvious attractions for the traveller here, apart from the Montparnasse Tower (Tour Montparnasse). Some parts of the arrondissement are close to the Eiffel Tower which actually is in the 7th. Other sights include the Montparnasse Cemetery where Jean-Paul Sartre and Charles Baudelaire are buried amongst others, Theatre de la Gaite and Theatre du Montparnasse. Montparnasse Station (Gare Montparnasse) is a busy hub serving the south-west of France as well as Spain and Portugal. It is a real Parisian district with a vibrant and lively atmosphere.
- Parc des Expositions (Porte de Versailles), . Paris' international exhibition centre (the 4th largest in Europe) has millions of visitors annually
Museums and Galleries
- Musée Pasteur (Pasteur Museum), Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr-Roux. open Mo-Fr 2PM-5.30PM, closed weekends and public holidays, August. the Pasteur Museum is housed in the apartment where the great scientist spent the last 7 years of his life. Hardly touched since that time, the museum is full of personal memorabilia and scientific instruments. Pasteur is buried on the grounds in a flamboyant mosaic-decorated mausoleum. entry €3, students €1.50.
- Tapovan Paris, 9 rue Gutenberg, ☎ +33 1 45 77 90 59, . This ayurvedic centre offers both treatment and professional training in various ayurvedic healing arts: hatha & nada yoga, reiki, ayurvedic massage, reflexologie, oil treatments (e.g. Shirodhara), etc. Those seeking greater calm, deeper therapy, or intense training may also take units at their center in Upper Normandy.
- Le Pétel, 4 rue Petel (Métro: Vaugirard), ☎ +33 1 45 32 58 76. Intimate, delicious, and local traditional cuisine.
- Café Zinc-Zen, 114, rue de la Convention, ☎ +33 1 45 58 08 40. Small café with 2 seating areas - seats in the windows and a darker back room. Elegant but not expensive, great lunches/dinners, and superb crème brûlée for a night cap with coffee.
- Chez Geppetto, 69 rue St Charles, ☎ +33 1 45 75 84 15 (fax: +33 1 45 58 38 33). Small restaurant with delicious Italian specialities, mostly Sicilian. The menu offers much more than pasta and pizza. Very friendly owner. Complete menu for 31 euro.
- Aloha Youth Hostel, 1, Rue Borromée, ☎ +33 1 42 73 03 03, . No membership card required.
- 3 Ducks Hostel, 6 pl. Etienne Pernet (near the Eiffel Tower), ☎ +33 1 48 42 04 05, .
- Eiffel Seine, 140, Boulevard de Grenelle, ☎ +33 1 45 78 14 81 (fax: +33 1 45 79 46 96), .
- Hôtel Oceania Paris Porte De Versailles, 52 rue d'Oradour-sur-Glane, ☎ +33 2 98 44 38 38 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +33 2 98 43 69 69). €100-205.
- Campanile Paris XV - Tour Eiffel, 30 Rue Saint Charles / 21 Rue Sextius-Michel (2 mn from the Dupleix metro station - ligne 6, 2 mn from the Charles Michel metro station - ligne 10, and 5 mn from the RER C station - Champs de Mars), ☎ +33 1 45 78 61 33 (email@example.com, fax: +33 1 45 79 41 13). checkin: 7:00-11:00. English & Spanish spoken at reception. € 70-120.
Wikipedia:15th arrondissement of Paris
Map of the 15th Arrondissement
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!