The 15th arrondissement of Paris is located in the south-west of the city on the Left Bank of the river Seine.
The 15th, the largest arrondissement of central Paris, remains heavily residential, up-market and quiet - not a great deal of obvious attractions for the traveller here.... Several sights, however, might make a detour worthwhile. Especially of note is the fact that meeting a real Parisian might make it worth the trip.
- Parc des Expositions (Porte de Versailles), . Paris' international exhibition centre (the 4th largest in Europe) has millions of visitors annually
Museums and Galleries
- Musée Pasteur (Pasteur Museum), Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr-Roux. open Mo-Fr 2pm-5.30 pm, closed weekends and public holidays, August. the Pasteur Museum is housed in the apartment where the great scientist spent the last 7 years of his life. Hardly touched since that time, the museum is full of personal memorabilia and scientific instruments. Pasteur is buried on the grounds in a flamboyant mosaic-decorated mausoleum. entry €3, students €1.50.
- Tapovan Paris, 9 rue Gutenberg, ☎ +33 1 45 77 90 59, . This ayurvedic centre offers both treatment and professional training in various ayurvedic healing arts: hatha & nada yoga, reiki, ayurvedic massage, reflexologie, oil treatments (e.g. Shirodhara), etc. Those seeking greater calm, deeper therapy, or intense training may also take units at their center in Upper Normandy.
- Le Pétel, 4 rue Petel (Métro: Vaugirard), ☎ +33 1 45 32 58 76. Intimate, delicious, and local traditional cuisine.
- Café Zinc-Zen, 114, rue de la Convention, ☎ +33 1 45 58 08 40. Small café with 2 seating areas - seats in the windows and a darker back room. Elegant but not expensive, great lunches/dinners, and superb crème brûlée for a night cap with coffee.
- Chez Geppetto, 69 rue St Charles, ☎ +33 1 45 75 84 15 (fax: +33 1 45 58 38 33). Small restaurant with delicious Italian specialties, mostly Sicilian. The menu offers much more than pasta and pizza. Very friendly owner. Complete menu for 31 euro.
- Aloha Youth Hostel, 1, Rue Borromée, ☎ +33 1 42 73 03 03, . No membership card required.
- 3 Ducks Hostel, 6 pl. Etienne Pernet (near the Eiffel Tower), ☎ +33 1 48 42 04 05, .
- Eiffel Seine, 140, Boulevard de Grenelle, ☎ +33 1 45 78 14 81 (fax: +33 1 45 79 46 96), .
- Hôtel Oceania Paris Porte De Versailles, 52 rue d'Oradour-sur-Glane, ☎ +33 2 98 44 38 38 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +33 2 98 43 69 69). €100-205.
- Campanile Paris XV - Tour Eiffel, 30 Rue Saint Charles / 21 Rue Sextius-Michel (2 mn from the Dupleix metro station - ligne 6, 2 mn from the Charles Michel metro station - ligne 10, and 5 mn from the RER C station - Champs de Mars), ☎ +33 1 45 78 61 33 (email@example.com, fax: +33 1 45 79 41 13). checkin: 7:00-11:00. English & Spanish spoken at reception. € 70-120.
*Best Western Montcalm Hotel
The Best Western Montcalm Hotel is located in the residential area of the fifteenth district of Paris, 10 minutes walk from the Parc des Expositions de la Porte de Versailles, the villa-style hotel , houses a beautiful winter garden and lounge where you can relax for a snack or a moment of reading.
The hotel offers 40 Fully air-conditioned rooms and one suite, all equipped with a minibar, a hair dryer, wireless internet, a direct dial telephone and satellite TV.
Whether you come to Paris for business or for leisure, the hotel is idealy situated. The metro line (8), Boucicaut station across the street from the hotel, will take you directly and in a few minutes to the main interests of Paris
An indoor public car park is available 50 meters from the hotel.
Map of the 15th Arrondissement