The 15th arrondissement of Paris (Vaugirard) is in the south-west of the city on the Left Bank of the river Seine.
The 15th is the largest arrondissement of central Paris, residential, up-market and quiet. Some parts of the arrondissement are close to the Eiffel Tower. Other sights include the Montparnasse Tower (Tour Montparnasse) and The Front de Seine. Montparnasse Station (Gare Montparnasse) is a busy hub serving the south-west of France as well as Spain and Portugal. It is a real Parisian district with a vibrant and lively atmosphere.
The lines 6, 8, 10 and 12 serve the 15th arrondissement. From central Paris the line 8 enters the 15th at La Motte Piquet Grenelle and continues south to the end station Balard. The line 12 enters the 15th at Montparnasse Bienvenue and leaves the 15th at Porte de la Versailles towards neighboring Issy-les-Moulineaux
- Parc des Expositions (Porte de Versailles), . Paris' international exhibition centre (the 4th largest in Europe) has millions of visitors annually edit
Museums and Galleries
- Musée Pasteur (Pasteur Museum), Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr-Roux. open Mo-Fr 2PM-5.30PM, closed weekends and public holidays, August. the Pasteur Museum is housed in the apartment where the great scientist spent the last 7 years of his life. Hardly touched since that time, the museum is full of personal memorabilia and scientific instruments. Pasteur is buried on the grounds in a flamboyant mosaic-decorated mausoleum. entry €3, students €1.50. edit
- Musée Bourdelle (Musée Bourdelle), Musée Bourdelle, 18 rue Antoine Bourdelle. Sculptures. edit
- Musée Mendjisky (Musée Mendjisky), Musée Mendjisky, 15 square de Vergennes. Specialising in Ecoles de Paris. edit
- Musée Jean Moulin (Musée Musée du Général Leclerc de Hauteclocque et de la Libération de Paris - Musée Jean Moulin), Musée Jean Moulin, 23, allée de la 2e D.B. Jardin Atlantique (above gare Montparnasse), 75015 Paris. edit
- Tapovan Paris, 9 rue Gutenberg, ☎ +33 1 45 77 90 59, . This ayurvedic centre offers both treatment and professional training in various ayurvedic healing arts: hatha & nada yoga, reiki, ayurvedic massage, reflexologie, oil treatments (e.g. Shirodhara), etc. Those seeking greater calm, deeper therapy, or intense training may also take units at their center in Upper Normandy. edit
- Centre Commercial Beaugrenelle, 12 Rue de Linois (Metro: Charles Michel). edit
- Village Suisse, (Metro Motte Piquet), . Antique Dealers edit
- Café Zinc-Zen, 114, rue de la Convention, ☎ +33 1 45 58 08 40. Small café with 2 seating areas - seats in the windows and a darker back room. Elegant but not expensive, great lunches/dinners, and superb crème brûlée for a night cap with coffee. edit
- Chez Geppetto, 69 rue St Charles, ☎ +33 1 45 75 84 15 (fax: +33 1 45 58 38 33). Small restaurant with delicious Italian specialities, mostly Sicilian. The menu offers much more than pasta and pizza. Very friendly owner. Complete menu for €31. edit
- Le Ciel de Paris, Tour Maine Montparnasse, . Panoramic View of Paris edit
- Aloha Youth Hostel, 1, Rue Borromée, ☎ +33 1 42 73 03 03, . No membership card required. edit
- 3 Ducks Hostel, 6 pl. Etienne Pernet (near the Eiffel Tower), ☎ +33 1 48 42 04 05, . edit
- Eiffel Seine, 140, Boulevard de Grenelle, ☎ +33 1 45 78 14 81 (fax: +33 1 45 79 46 96), . edit
- Hôtel Oceania Paris Porte De Versailles, 52 rue d'Oradour-sur-Glane, ☎ +33 2 98 44 38 38 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +33 2 98 43 69 69). €100-205. edit
- Campanile Paris XV - Tour Eiffel, 30 Rue Saint Charles / 21 Rue Sextius-Michel (2 mn from the Dupleix metro station - ligne 6, 2 mn from the Charles Michel metro station - ligne 10, and 5 mn from the RER C station - Champs de Mars), ☎ +33 1 45 78 61 33 (email@example.com, fax: +33 1 45 79 41 13). checkin: 7:00-11:00. English & Spanish spoken at reception. € 70-120. edit
- Hotel Le Marquis (4-star hotel Paris Le Marquis), 15 rue Dupleix (75015 Paris), ☎ +33 1 43 06 31 50, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. The 4-star Hotel Le Marquis is located close to the Eiffel Tower on the left bank of Paris. The Boutique Hotel offers a modern atmosphere, a cozy bar, a private terace and 36 comfortable rooms. edit
Map of the 15th Arrondissement
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!