Panglao is an island in the island province of Bohol.
A taxi from the airport or ferry terminal will cost around 10-15USD, whilst the amazing local tuk tuks will set you back around 5-7USD, the latter is the most enjoyable of rides and takes about 25-30mins.
Panglao is famous for its world class diving locations and is home to numerous tourist resorts.
Panglao is visited by tourists for the pristine Alona Beach, from where tours can be organised to world famous diving sites.
Underground lake - a tiny lake inside a coral cave. Enjoy a dip in a fresh water. The cave is completely dark, the guides have a flashlight. The admission was about 20P last time I checked.
Good morning with dolphins - see dolphins have their breakfast. You leave at dawn on a boat (we did this from Alona beach) and will enjoy seeing dolphins having their morning exercises.
Panglao has some small souvenirs that you may want to get but if you want to get something memorable, yet short lived, try the fish, some of the best in the Philippines, the bars and restaurants along the beach are home to it all.
Trudi's on the beach is relatively cheap and quite good.
Accommodation on Alona Beach may be considered expensive for budget travellers, but that applies to many beaches in the Philippines.
- Alona Kew White Beach Resort, Tawala, Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines, ☎ + 63 038 5029042 / 63 038 5029027, . Unwind in tastefully designed bungalows and well-appointed rooms set in lush surroundings that offer secluded privacy for a romantic getaway or an action-packed family adventure. Rates start at PHP 2,000.
- Alonaland Resort, ☎ 63 038 502 9007, . Located 100 metres from Alona Beach. Three accommodation types are offered: rooms, casitas, and villas. Each is air-conditioned and equipped with a refrigerator, shower, luggage rack, balcony/deck, and internet access. The casitas and villas come with more features. These include a kitchenette, cable TV, and dining area. ″.
- Amorita Resort, Easter A. Lim Drive, Brgy. Tawala, Panglao, Bohol, Philippines 6340, ☎ +63 38 502-9001, . Offers six ocean view villas, all of which have a comfortable king-sized bed, individually-controlled split air-conditioning unit, wide-screen LCD cable TV, and a mini bar refrigerator. Some of its amenities include infinity pool, Saffron Restaurant with free Wi-Fi access, wellness spa, boutique, leisure area, and garden. While staying here, you can visit some interesting places like Balicasag Island, Hinagdanan Cave, Bohol Bee Farm, and Panglao Bird Sanctuary. Best rates on official website start at PHP 9,000.00.
- Belleview Rock Resort, Tawala, Panglao Island, Bohol 6340, Philippines, ☎ +63-38-502-7079, . BelleviewRock Resort is a whole new concept of a Philippine resort, new in its establishment. It’s ideally situated in Tawala, Panglao Island Bohol Philippines. Adding to this wonderful co-existence, BelleviewRock Resort will definitely make your stay in Panglao Bohol Philippines even more worthwhile. Rates start at Php 2,500.
- Bohol Beach Club, Bolod, Panglao, Bohol Philippines, ☎ (63 38) 411-5222 to 24 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Has a 1.5 kilometer stretch of white sand, the largest shoreline in that area. Large pool and offers lots of watersport activities.
- Bohol Bee Farm, ☎ +6338.5022288, . Relax in the casual Boholano hospitality and charm where guests are pampered and accomodation superb. Where a day is never boring and is truly treasured. Visitors are immersed in various activities the farm offers. Healthy living, overall balance and inner peace are part of the services and lessons offered in the Bohol Bee Farm to give you a rejuvenated mind, body and spirit. Dao, Dauis, Panglao Island, Bohol. Rates start at PHP 2000.
- Flushing Meadows Resort and Playground, Brgy. Dao, Dauis, Panglao Island,Bohol Philippines, ☎ (63 38) 502-2122 (email@example.com, fax: (63 38) 502-2122 loc. 102), . Rooms with private balconies and seaviews. From US$105.
- Kalipayan Resort, Atlantis Dive Center, Alona Beach, Tawala,Panglao 6340, Bohol Philippines, ☎ +633850290058 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Resort directly by the sea with aircon-cottages in a huge garden at the far end of Alona Beach set in a quiet location, but close enough to get to the beach in a 5 minutes walk. Nice pool, excellent restaurant and dive center. Free wireless internet access.
- La Pernela Beachfront Resort, San Isidro, Dauis, Panglao, Bohol, Philippines, ☎ (63) 9063962748, . When going to Bohol, don't forget to check out La Pernela Beachfront Resort located in Panglao Island. It has elegant and comfortable rooms all of which are airconditioned, with bathroom and a closet. Some of its amenities include swimming pools for adults and kids, restaurants, and two function rooms. They also offer transfer assistance, boat trips (island hopping and dolphin watching), motorbike rentals, and bohol tour packages. Best rates on official website start at Php 3,990.
- Olman's View Resort, Riverside, Totolan Dauis, Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines, ☎ (038) 500 - 0978 / (038) 411 - 3421, . Slow down and retreat to a haven of pure relaxation. Marvel at the panoramic view of the city. Olman's View Resort is uniquely situated at the point where the Maribojoc Hills, Tagbilaran City and Tagbilaran Bay all unite to stage nature's charm and harmony. Rates start at PHP 3,250.
- Panglao Island Nature Resort and Spa, Bingag, Dauis, Panglao Island, Bohol Philippines, ☎ (63 38) 411-5878 / 411-5982 (email@example.com), . A small cluster of private rooms.
- Panglao Princess Suites, Doljo Coast, Panglao Island (Bohol, Philippines), ☎ 63.38.502.8228, . Panglao Princess Suites is located on the Doljo Coast of Panglao Island in the Province of Bohol, Philippines. The family-owned vacation home consists of three, two bedroom, 2.5 bath suites, dining room and kitchen with on-site management, professional security, internet and a car & driver for your comfort and convenience. Each unit boasts a lanai with magnificent views of the ocean which is only a few feet away. For more information on this wonderful vacation get-away, check out the website.
- Panglao Regents Park Resort, ☎ 0063 (38) 5024080 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Panglao Regents Park Resort is the natural choice when you desire high quality rooms and facilities, an exotic atmosphere, and easy access to everything Alona Beach and Panglao Island have to offer. The Resort is not Beach Front, however, it is prominently situated at Alona, Tawala offering a superb combination of service, value for money and location. Panglao Regents Park offers 35 rooms ranging from superior, deluxe and standard rooms with contemporary design and architecture, all with full amenities. Alona Beach, Tawala, Panglao, Bohol, Philippines. Rates start at 1,800.
- Paragayo Resort, Alona Beach, Panglao Island, Bohol Philippines, ☎ (0063) 38 502 9172, . Located 3 minutes walk from Alona Beach.
- Sherwood Bay Resort, Riverside, Songculan, Dauis, Panglao Island, Bohol Philippines, ☎ (63) 038 5022035 / 4160655 (fax: (63) 038 5022035), . A diver’s haven in Panglao Island, Bohol, Sherwood Bay Resort offers an array of water sport activities, such as scuba diving, snorkeling, and jet skiing. Well-appointed guestrooms provide sanctuary after a fun-filled day, while facilities, such as a cliff edge restaurant, Jacuzzi, and infinity pool bring a sense of calmness and relaxation.
- Sun Apartelle, ☎ 0063-38-502 90 63, . Sun Apartelle is a luxury resort with secluded private rooms on the peaceful island of Panglao/Bohol, Philippines. The comfortable resort for pleasure & well-being. The Perfect apartment resort/hotel for family vacations, honeymooners and divers. Tawala, Panglao Island Bohol 6340, Philippines. Rates start at EUR €59..