Pangasinan is in the Region 1 in northern Luzon, the chief island of the Philippines.
- Hundred islands This is a lovely area on the coast north of Manila. As the name implies the region is dotted with numerous tiny islands. Some have beaches to which you can charter a boat. Typically the boat will leave you for several hours on your own private beach.
Boats can be caught at the "Lucap" wharf, which is 5 kilometres away from the city of Alaminos (which is where the buses terminate).
See the travel section below regarding how to reach here
There are many cities in the province of Pangasinan. They are:
- Dagupan City is the main city of Pangasinan. There are several malls, CSI: The City Mall and Nepo Mall being the most popular.
- Urdaneta City is tops in finance not only in Pangasinan but the entire Ilocos region. Because of this, Urdaneta in only it's 9th year of cityhood is being eyed for upgrade to 1st class city status, the first in region 1 beating older cities like Dagupan. There are also several malls here, including Magic Mall, CB Mall & CSI. SM Prime Holdings has a 15.6 hectare lot in this city for its future mall. Urdaneta is home to the largest cattle market north of Manila & the largest bagsakan market in the region.
- San Carlos City, the Mango and Bamboo Capital of the Philippines, is Pangasinan's most historic political unit as well as its cultural capital. The city dresses up in green and yellow every April when it celebrates the Mango-Bamboo Festival, a festival that showcases not only delicious mangoes and durable bamboo handicrafts but the best San Carlos City has to offer.
- Alaminos City is home to the famous 'Hundred islands'
- Most Pangasinenses residing in Pangasinan speak the Pangasinan language. Their language is erroneously known by other Filipinos as Pangalatok.
- Pangasinan is also spoken in Benguet, La Union, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija and other communities in the Philippines.
- Many establishments use the national language known as Filipino that is based on Tagalog.
- English is widely-spoken in the province especially by the youth.
There is no airport serving Pangasinan. So, if you are coming from Manila, you are likely to take the bus. Victory liner runs buses every hour from Manila to Alaminos. These buses pass via Dau and Tarlac. If you have a car, you can take NLEX (North Luzon Express Way). If you are willing to spend a lot of money, taxis can also drive you to Pangasinan.
Once you reach Alaminos (which is a moderate sized city, with the mandatory Jollybee!), take a trike to Lucap. Lucap is about 5 kilometres away and the gateway to Hundred islands.
Boats (bangka) can then be taken from Lucap wharf - they are available aplenty. Hiring a bangka for the whole day costs about 1500 pesos - the itinerary can be charted by you - you can point to any beach and stay / snorkel there.
Like other Philippine provinces and cities, jeepneys and tricycles are very common. In some parts, there are sidecars or pedicabs.
- Nuestra Senora de Manaoag is a large church located in the town of Manaoag. It houses the "Our Lady of Manaoag" which is believed to grant wishes and miracles. Many Filipinos visit the church as pilgrims.
- Shrine of Senor Divino Tessoro is a shrine located in front of St. Peter and Paul's Parish in the town of Calasiao, Pangasinan. Inside is a statue of Jesus nailed on his cross. It is the second pilgrimage site in the province.
- Lingayen Gulf War Museum in Lingayen
- Bolinao Museum in Bolinao
- Antong Falls in Sison
- Cacupangan Cave in Mabini
- Mount Balungao in Balungao
- Manleluag Spring National Park in Mangatarem
- Urduja House in Lingayen
- Narciso Ramos Sports and Civic Center in Lingayen
- Oceanographic Marine Laboratory in Alaminos
- Bolo Beach, Telbang, Alaminos, Pangasinan
- Rock Garden Resort
- Treasures of Bolinao
- Coca-Cola Plant in Calasiao
- Pista'y Dayat (Feast of the Sea) in Lingayen
- Puto Stalls in Calasiao
- Lipit Falls in Sta. Maria, San Nicolas, Pangasinan
- Pinsal Falls in Cacabugaoan, San Nicolas, Pangasinan
- Waterfalls in Agpay, San Felipe, San Nicolas, Pangasinan
- Pila Falls in Natividad, Pangasinan
- Red Arrow Monument, Sta. Maria, San Nicolas, Pangasinan
- Villa Verde Trail, San Nicolas, Pangasinan
- Malico, San Nicolas, Pangasinan (Historical Place)
- Bangus Festival in Dagupan
- Mountain Hiking in mountains of San Nicolas, Pangasinan.
- Picnic in Sitio Puyao, Brgy. Fianza, San Nicolas, Pangasinan.
- Go island hopping and Snorkeling in Hundred islands, off Lucap, . Island hopping is an absolute must. The snorkeling here is fine - the marine creatures colourful. There are sergeants, barracudas, zebra fish, cardinal fish, butterfly and angel fish, parrot fish and puffer / box fish. The water tends to be warm so a wet / dry suit is not needed. Lifejackets are available in the boat for non swimmers, but anyway the water depth is between 30 cms to 2 metres only in most spots.
CSI is a very popular chain of malls in Pangasinan. Some of them are CSI: The City Mall in the Lucao District and CSI Square in downtown Dagupan. Nepo Mall is also a main mall that is in Dagupan. Magic Mall , the first legit mall in Pangasinan is located in Urdaneta City. Other Malls in Urdaneta are CB Mall, CSI-Urdaneta, CSI Warehouse Club and Super Magic. There also a Magic in Mangaldan.
- Bonuan Blue Beach in Dagupan
- White Beach in San Fabian
- Cape Bolinao Beach in Bolinao
- Tambobong White Beach in Dasol
- Tondol Beach in Anda
- Umbrella Rocks Beach in Agno
- Dagupena is a famous world-class restaurant. During its early days, it was located in downtown Dagupan. It is now located in the prospering town of Calasiao (minutes from its former location).
- Jeck's is a bakery/restaurant located near the Lucao District.
- The town of Calasiao is very famous because of its puto (white rice cake). The puto stalls are located in front of the Calasiao Municipal Hall.
- American restaurants such as McDonald's, Shakey's, and Kenny Rogers' are present across the province. Filipino restaurant chains such as Jollibee, Chow King and Goldilock's are very common.
- Jellens Bakeshop is a bakery restaurant located in Tayug.
- Cindy's located in Tayug.
- ' Mama Cela's located in Mangaldan
- Mangaldan Panciteria located in Mangaldan
- Garcia Garden Grill serves Filipino cuisine in Sual along the highway. It is 10 minutes south of Hundred Islands in Lucap Alaminos. www.garciagardengrill.bappy.com
- Maxine by the sea. A more upmarket restaurant, with a view of Hundred islands from it's restaurant. Located 3 minutes walk from Lucap wharf
- Regency Hotel, McArthur Highway, Calasiao.. It is only minutes away from downtown Dagupan and CSI: The City Mall. hotel is not well-maintained.
- Puerto del Sol Resort, Ilog Malino, Bolinao, ☎ (075) 6960530 (fax: +632-631-2861), . Mediterranean-style mansion villas and Filipino Bahay Kubo equipped with air-conditioning, cable TV, and private toilet and bath with hot/ cold water, bidet, and complete bathroom amenities. Some of its facilities and services are pool bar, outdoor Jacuzzi and swimming pool. From USD 51.00.
- Star Plaza Hotel, AB Fernandez, Dagupan City, ☎ +075-523-4888, . Star Plaza Hotel is located at the downtown area of Dagupan City. The restaurant,named Patisserie,offers a wide range of dishes with specialties from chinese to filipino cuisine.modern style rooms are clean, well-ventilated and affordable.
- Star of David Hotel, Sapang Manaoag, ☎ (75)5192871, . Along the road of Manaoag-Binalonan/Pozorubio-Baguio. It is only minutes away from downtown Manaoag.
- Villa Antolin Hotel Hundred Islands, Boulevard St. Lucap, Alaminos City, . checkin: 13:00; checkout: 12:00. Villa Antolin is a 20-room hotel located near the Hundred Islands National Park. The hotel offers boat ride services to go to the islands and explore the beaches of Hundred Islands. The hotel can be used for banquets and special events. Php1,600.00.
- Jaydees Cottages, 116 National Road Lucap, Alaminos City, ☎ +63 9473172487, . Nice and clean budget accomodation. Walking distance from port to Hundred Islands. Starting from 500 PHP.
- Nipa cottages on Quezon island, . Costing 2000 pesos, these nipa huts are plain, simple, with bed and electricity (only 6 pm to 6 am). CRs are common and outside
- Maxine by the sea, . Rooms range from 3000 pesos upwards
- Pangasinan Village Inn, Brgy. Bued, Calasiao..
- A1 Hotel, A. Bonifacio Street, Tayug.
- Acacia Motel. Tayug.
- Star Plaza Hotel. Dagupan.
- Twilight Inn. Mangaldan.
- Rose Plaza Inn. Bonuan Dagupan.